Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? (7359 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd,

After creating man, GOD placed him in a position of authority and control over all creation. He was to subdue the earth. Adam had control over everything, from the smallest microorgansim through the rich arrays of verdure to the mighty leviathan that dwelt in the waters. The lion and lamb lay together before Adam, comfortable in his tender care. The birds would perch on his should as the chanted praises to GOD. When Adam sinned, he fell from his position of authority over creation, and surrendered that authority to Satan. That is why Satan now poses as the prince of this world. Creation became alienated to man. The ground would only yield food after much toil.

Natural disasters and diseases(remember Job?) are caused by Satan. He wrecks havoc, and then attributes them to GOD, in a bid to distort His character. Indeed, do people not call earthquakes and tsunamis "acts of GOD"?

Perhaps, the greatest testimony to Satan's control of this world is the execution of the sinless Son of GOD.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:50am On Oct 13, 2016
Kay17:

Is the Devil a God?

If the devil saw that he couldn't defeat God, wasn't he unwise to attempt to? If he couldn't foresee then he has no freewill. If he could foresee but acted in detriment of his interest then he is foolish.

Either way, he couldn't have freely acted for either the lack of foresight or for foolishness which is an unconscious disposition.

GOD made it clear to Satan many times that the path he was about to take would lead him no where. However, he allowed pride and jealousy to blind him.

You give birth to a child, and then you continue to warn him that sexual promiscuity will only lead him into contracting venereal diseases. If he eventually contracts HIV through sexual promiscuity, whose fault is it?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:

Anything or process that feels bad and causes harm...
good... Evil has no origin, u either chose to be good or evil... It all begins from d heart... Lucifer had a choice to make and he did... He has powers, alot of powers but what he chose to do with those powers is what makes d difference btw him and GOD... U as a man have d power to do good or evil... So which do u chose
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by JSoE(f): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2016
Pidggin:

And you think you've made sense?

Pride is sin and this comes from self exhortation. When you think you are equal to or even bigger than your creator (this was what happened in heaven between satan and God) and this was the first biblically recorded sin

grin Lol. You didn't even come close to addressing the issue.
Ad hominem won't help you. Address the message not the messenger.

You're mistakened,hun. The bible I know of recorded Adam's setup first before lucifer's.
Unless you're talking of a different bible I haven't read.
Last I opened the bible, which was this morning (for the purpose of this discussion), Genesis 3 still comes before Ezekiel 28. I mean if we're talking of the order of 'recording' not the order of 'happening'. Mind your word usage.

Let me ask you.
Who created lucifer?
An omniscient(all knowing) god,right?
Who created that pride in lucifer?
The god that knew how lucifer would turn out but went ahead to create him.
You can't tell me that evil just appeared from nowhere into a perfect being.
Do you blame all those exploding Samsung Note 7 for malfunctioning or do you blame the manufacturer/creator? If I told you the phones just decided to start exploding on their own when it is clear they were made perfectly, will you take me seriously?

Stop playing with our intelligence, honey. You know this doesn't make sense to you even.

Or like I asked before, do you now believe in the 'SOMETHING FROM NOTHING' theory?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by felixomor: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2016
JSoE:

grin Lol. You didn't even come close to addressing the issue.
Ad hominem won't help you. Address the message not the messenger.

You're mistakened,hun. The bible I know of recorded Adam's setup first before lucifer's.
Unless you're talking of a different bible I haven't read.
Last I opened the bible, which was this morning (for the purpose of this discussion), Genesis 3 still comes before Ezekiel 28. I mean if we're talking of the order of 'recording' not the order of 'happening'. Mind your word usage.

Let me ask you.
Who created lucifer?
An omniscient(all knowing) god,right?
W ho created that pride in lucifer?
The god that knew how lucifer would turn out but went ahead to create him.
You can't tell me that evil just appeared from nowhere into a perfect being.

Do you blame all those exploding Samsung S7 phones for malfunctioning or do you blame the manufacturer/creator? If I told you the phones just decided to start exploding on their own when it is clear they were made perfectly, will you take me seriously?

Stop playing with our intelligence, honey. You know this doesn't make sense to you even.

Or like I asked before, do you now believe in the 'SOMETHING FROM NOTHING' theory?

Ur questions show u av not been following what was written in the thread.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by JSoE(f): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
felixomor:

Ur questions show u av not been following what was written in the thread.

OK,sir. The thread says 'Where did evil originate from?'

The lady tries to pin it on Lucifer.
She claims that god created all things and that it created lucifer too.
Now, lucifer disobeyed.
How come?
The bible god is omniscient. It knows everything. It foresaw what lucifer would become but still went ahead to create it,right?
OK, lucifer became evil with god's foreknowledge. Please where exactly did the evil come from?
Since an omniscient god created all things.
How did lucifer become evil? Did evil just fly in from nowhere?
Does it mean the god created evil and kept it somewhere?
That is what I'm trying to find out from her.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Eddlad: 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:
I just want to ask this question following this logic:-

1. You cant give what you dont have.
2. God doesn't have an iota of Evil
3. God created all things in the universe
4. There is Evil in the universe.

So my question is where exactly did evil originate from, if God is devoid of it (and please the devil is not an answer because he too was created by God)?

Please only matured theists are invited to attempt the question, thanks.

cc: shadeyinka, lordnicklaus, doctoralien e.t.c

Say I created a lab full of robots, and I tell them not to stand by the oscilloscope, now standing there in itself means nothing or probably harms no one. But I go a step further and call the act of standing by the oscilloscope scoping, a term which later and inevitably becomes detering in itself as it's seen to be directly against the will of the scientist.

The only ingredient you need to actually scope or not is freewill, and that he has given you.

So scoping or metering( standing by the multi meter, yeah that too) may not be "bad" or "evil" in themselves but anything that the scientist says or anything against what he says is.

Hope you get me.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by felixomor: 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2016
JSoE:

OK, lucifer became evil with god's foreknowledge. Please where exactly did the evil come from?
Since an omniscient god created all things.
How did lucifer become evil? Did evil just fly in from nowhere?
Does it mean the god created evil and kept it somewhere?

That is what I'm trying to find out from her.

Please, answer this first, did God create angels and humans to function as robots?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by JSoE(f): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
felixomor:

Please, answer this first, did God create angels and humans to function as robots?

I don't know. I don't believe in god in the first place so I won't speak on its behalf.

But your bible portrays angels as robot-like. They do god's will or they're kick out of the sky if they don't.
Its the same case for the humans. 'Be my robot,worship me,grovel at my feet,make sure you don't call my shi.tty name in vain or go to hell'.

Now, answer my question. Did evil just manufacture itself inside a perfect Lucifer?
How can someone be proud without first having that human attribute embedded in him?
Where did it come from? Or did god create and store it somewhere?

If you don't know, tell me and it ends here. It is okay to say you don't know than just concluding.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by felixomor: 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
JSoE:

I don't know. I don't believe in god in the first place so I won't speak on its behalf.

But your bible portrays angels as robot-like. They do god's will or they're kick out of the sky if they don't.
Its the same case for the humans. 'Be my robot,worship me,grovel at my feet,make sure you don't call my shi.tty name in vain or go to hell'.

Now, answer my question. Did evil just manufacture itself inside a perfect Lucifer?
How can someone be proud without first having that human attribute embedded in him?
Where did it come from? Or did god create and store it somewhere?

If you don't know, tell me and it ends here. It is okay to say you don't know than just concluding.

1st Sorry, i dont think u understand what "robot' means.

2nd where did u see "perfect lucifer' inside the bible?

3rd even the word "perfect* u seem to be hammering on is a very relative word. Even football commentators use the word "perfect" a thousand times during matches.

And I maintain that u didnt follow the thread.
because asking where pride came from when there is a resident free will (as stated by a comment above) doesnt reflect analytical thinking.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by shadeyinka(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:

Thanks for your insightful answers, but you fail to encompass all of the definition of Evil and just looked at it from an Anthropomorphic view.

What about Natural Disasters, Disease, Hurricanes and Tornadoes leave people homeless in the thousands and many dead.

People are born into heritable diseases

Certain Microorganisms that are vital for the survival for certain animals would wipe out the human race if it somehow got into our systems.

Asteriods strikes the earth every 100million years or so wiping almost all life on the planet.

What am i trying to say, Evil isnt just caused by sentience, Nature also can feel every evil, so why does even Nature which doesnt have a free-will also have the illusion of Evil?, and where did this illusion come from?

Does the definition of Evil cover Natural Disasters?
A Natural disasteris evil only if it was INITIATED by a personality!

Like firing an Atomic Bomb over a civilian population is an evil committed by the initiator.

So, who is the cause of Natural disasters? God?

You cannot blame God for what He didn't do.

Man was created to be Master of everything God made. Mans sin terminated his mastery over the earth. The earth became hostile, animals became hostile and man began to die young. Man was placed at creation in a world where he had everything.

Atheists will begin to look for a direct cause and effect of sin on natural calamities. You wount find it.

To earth you were made to it you will return!
Out of your Sweat you will survive on the earth!

There are Forces positive and negative operating on the earth. Negative forces dominate us because man is in a fallen state.

Finally, we inherit both the weakness and strengths of our ancestors.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by JSoE(f): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
felixomor:

Prof Dickens, you sure know how to tire one with pretentious ignorance.
The fact that no evil was allegedly found in lucifer when he was created made him perfect.

From my dictionary,
Perfect:
4.Excellent and delightful in all respects.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perfect

Plus a robot does what it is asked to do, if not it goes for resetting or destruction. That's where hellfire comes in for humans. Giving us a rule and pretending to grant us the freedom to break it and then sending us off to jail is deceptive.

I no get strength to reply you again. If you continue playing ostrich to avoid answering me, just walk on. After all,I was going on with that good lady before you jumped in.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by felixomor: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
JSoE:

Prof Dickens, you sure know how to tire one with pretentious ignorance.
The fact that no evil was allegedly found in lucifer when he was created made him perfect.

From my dictionary,
Perfect:
4.Excellent and delightful in all respects.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perfect

Plus a robot does what it is asked to do, if not it goes for resetting or destruction. That's where hellfire comes in for humans. Giving us a rule and pretending to grant us the freedom to break it and then sending us off to jail is deceptive.

I no get strength to reply you again. If you continue playing ostrich to avoid answering me, just walk on. After all,I was going on with that good lady before you jumped in.

I am so happy u had to pick the 4th meaning (out of over ten) of the word "perfect" from the dictionary. That further confirms that the word is relative.
And please have u checked the root hebrew and greek words "perfect" was gotten from anywhere it appeared in the bible?
I would suggest you do.
Even bible uses "perfect" to describe Job, it doesnt mean Job wasnt going to toilet when he was pressed. (The way u seem to be interpreting perfect when its used in the bible)

And sorry, ur question has been answered previously in my comment. You may want to read thoroughly again.

(edited)
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by JSoE(f): 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
felixomor:

I am so happy u had to pick the 4th meaning (out of over ten) of the word "perfect" from the dictionary. That further confirms that the word is relative.
And please have u checked the root hebrew and greek words "perfect" was gotten from anywhere it appeared in the bible?
I would suggest you do.
Even bible uses "perfect" to describe Job, it doesnt mean Job wasnt going to toilet when he was pressed. (The way u seem to be interpreting perfect when its used in the bible)

And sorry, ur question has been answered previously in my comment. You may want to read thoroughly again.

(edited)

If you like still pick the first meaning of perfect. It says the same thing. Just picked the one you'll easily understand.
From that same dictionary collect these ones.
adjective
1.Fitting its definition precisely.
2.Having all of its parts in harmony with a common purpose.
3.Thoroughly skilled or talented.
4.Excellent and delightful in all respects.grammar of a tense or verb form Representing a completed action.
5.(biology) Sexually mature and fully differentiated.(botany) Of flowers, having both male (stamens) and female (carpels) parts.(analysis)
6.Of a set, that it is equal to its set of limit points, i.e. set Ais perfect if A=A'.(music) describing an interval or any compound interval of aunison, octave, or fourths andfifths that are not tritones.

They all point towards something without fault/blemish.

Like I said, I'm tired of replying you. My head is burning from facepalming. Good luck playing ostrich till the lady replies me.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by felixomor: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
JSoE:

If you like still pick the first meaning of perfect. It says the same thing. Just picked the one you'll easily understand.
From that same dictionary collect these ones.
adjective
1.Fitting its definition precisely.
2.Having all of its parts in harmony with a common purpose.
3.Thoroughly skilled or talented.
4.Excellent and delightful in all respects.grammar of a tense or verb form Representing a completed action.
5.(biology) Sexually mature and fully differentiated.(botany) Of flowers, having both male (stamens) and female (carpels) parts.(analysis)
6.Of a set, that it is equal to its set of limit points, i.e. set Ais perfect if A=A'.(music) describing an interval or any compound interval of aunison, octave, or fourths andfifths that are not tritones.

They all point towards something without fault/blemish.

Like I said, I'm tired of replying you. My head is burning from facepalming. Good luck playing ostrich till the lady replies me.

Good u have brought out some of the other meanings.
I thought I would have seen a meaning such as "Incorruptible" among all the meanings there.
But not there.
And I am surprised u still couldnt pick my answer to ur question in my previous comment.
Anyhow goodluck, since u choose not to see it,
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by donnffd(m): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
shadeyinka:

Does the definition of Evil cover Natural Disasters?
A Natural disasteris evil only if it was INITIATED by a personality!

Like firing an Atomic Bomb over a civilian population is an evil committed by the initiator.

So, who is the cause of Natural disasters? God?

You cannot blame God for what He didn't do.

Man was created to be Master of everything God made. Mans sin terminated his mastery over the earth. The earth became hostile, animals became hostile and man began to die young. Man was placed at creation in a world where he had everything.

Atheists will begin to look for a direct cause and effect of sin on natural calamities. You wount find it.

To earth you were made to it you will return!
Out of your Sweat you will survive on the earth!

There are Forces positive and negative operating on the earth. Negative forces dominate us because man is in a fallen state.

Finally, we inherit both the weakness and strengths of our ancestors.

I understand you perfectly and i know that Mans inhumanity to man is a product of our free-will, there is no doubt, but what is Good and what is Evil?

You seem to be looking at Evil from only one perspective, Evil with intention, what about Evil without intention?

We can agree good is anything that brings happiness and longevity

We can also agree that Evil is anything that brings suffering, strife, pain ,hardship and ultimately death.

In my post, i said "God created the universe"...which means everything along with it.

We can agree Natural Disasters brings strife, pain and death therefore can be termed Evil.

Even if humans were all christians and obeyed God, Natural Disasters would to cause harm and suffering, so why is that and where did it originate from?

I really hope you understand my point!

NB: I do not blame God for anything, just wondering if people say he is so benevolent then why does Evil exist in the universe?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by donnffd(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
Eddlad:

Say I created a lab full of robots, and I tell them not to stand by the oscilloscope, now standing there in itself means nothing or probably harms no one. But I go a step further and call the act of standing by the oscilloscope scoping, a term which later and inevitably becomes detering in itself as it's seen to be directly against the will of the scientist.

The only ingredient you need to actually scope or not is freewill, and that he has given you.

So scoping or metering( standing by the multi meter, yeah that too) may not be "bad" or "evil" in themselves but anything that the scientist says or anything against what he says is.

Hope you get me.

That cannot be regarded as Evil, thats just laws or rules.

Evil is anything that causes strife, hardship, misery and death.

Man can be Evil, Nature can be Evil

If you claim that man's evil is as a result of his free-will, then how do you explain Nature's own?

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by donnffd(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
donnffd,

After creating man, GOD placed him in a position of authority and control over all creation. He was to subdue the earth. Adam had control over everything, from the smallest microorgansim through the rich arrays of verdure to the mighty leviathan that dwelt in the waters. The lion and lamb lay together before Adam, comfortable in his tender care. The birds would perch on his should as the chanted praises to GOD. When Adam sinned, he fell from his position of authority over creation, and surrendered that authority to Satan. That is why Satan now poses as the prince of this world. Creation became alienated to man. The ground would only yield food after much toil.

Natural disasters and diseases(remember Job?) are caused by Satan. He wrecks havoc, and then attributes them to GOD, in a bid to distort His character. Indeed, do people not call earthquakes and tsunamis "acts of GOD"?

Perhaps, the greatest testimony to Satan's control of this world is the execution of the sinless Son of GOD.

So you mean that the pain and suffering is all caused by satan who chose to be evil?

If thats the case, then why did God create him in the first place since God(omni-science) knew that satan would chose to be evil and cause alot of harm to his other creations?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by donnffd(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Smallville10:
good... Evil has no origin, u either chose to be good or evil... It all begins from d heart... Lucifer had a choice to make and he did... He has powers, alot of powers but what he chose to do with those powers is what makes d difference btw him and GOD... U as a man have d power to do good or evil... So which do u chose

Ok, choice, but if God(all-knowing) knew satan would cause lots of strife for his creations, why did God still went ahead to create him?, if God hates evil and could not stand it, why ddnt he not just create satan at all knowing fully well if he did, he would chose to do lots of evil?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by shadeyinka(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:

I understand you perfectly and i know that Mans inhumanity to man is a product of our free-will, there is no doubt, but what is Good and what is Evil?

You seem to be looking at Evil from only one perspective, Evil with intention, what about Evil without intention?

We can agree good is anything that brings happiness and longevity

We can also agree that Evil is anything that brings suffering, strife, pain ,hardship and ultimately death.

In my post, i said "God created the universe"...which means everything along with it.

We can agree Natural Disasters brings strife, pain and death therefore can be termed Evil.

Even if humans were all christians and obeyed God, Natural Disasters would to cause harm and suffering, so why is that?

I really hope you understand my point!

I understand you, but I think you are trying to force your definition of evil to include anything that causes pain and/or death but its not so.

A promising 12 years old gets electrocuted! If no deliberate intension is involved van we ascribe evil?

A man carelessly driving unintentionally ran over a motorcyclist and killed/maimed him. Is this an evil?

A snake or lion who kills and swallowed/ate a pregnant woman is never called evil. The intension was to eat and NOT to cause pain!

Evil starts and end with an intention to harm or cause pain.

So you see why "We can NOT agree that Natural Disasters which brings strife, pain and death therefore can be termed Evil."

Evil is a Product of Choices we make due to our Free will.

Osama Bin'Ladin could be said to be evil however the people responsible for the Chernobyl nuclear accident in Russia are NOT evil.

Good is also a product of freewill choice.

If I accidentally found N68,000,000 thrown away by a Governor or Politician can I ascribe goodness to such a politician?

However, I a politician gave me N50,000, we can say such a politician is good (at least to me if no ulterior motive was involved)
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:

Ok, choice, but if God(all-knowing) knew satan would cause lots of strife for his creations, why did God still went ahead to create him?, if God hates evil and could not stand it, why ddnt he not just create satan at all knowing fully well if he did, he would chose to do lots of evil?
Biya, mr. Athiest, why dont u go and ask God by ur self... Am i GOD? Weda he know or not, d thing is satan has been created, man has been created, you have been created, so worry more about ur self on d last day and stop carry satan problem like its ur own. Biko leave me. Inuna?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Kay17: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD made it clear to Satan many times that the path he was about to take would lead him no where. However, he allowed pride and jealousy to blind him.

You give birth to a child, and then you continue to warn him that sexual promiscuity will only lead him into contracting venereal diseases. If he eventually contracts HIV through sexual promiscuity, whose fault is it?

Did the Devil choose to be proud and jealous or it was his predisposition to be proud and jealous?
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Eddlad: 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:

That cannot be regarded as Evil, thats just laws or rules.

Evil is anything that causes strife, hardship, misery and death.

Man can be Evil, Nature can be Evil

If you claim that man's evil is as a result of his free-will, then how do you explain Nature's own?

"Evil is anything that causes strife, hardship, misery and death."
To one self or another and I presume most likely, this pertains to humans alone.

But why should 'suddenly' need to factor in the welfare of other, so badly that if I don't my actions are termed "evil". Is the cause likely human? If you died, that means more food for me and my chances of survival is now even better, you are also less likely to pollute the environment if you are down in a six feet.

My emotions not hinged on yours either. When and why did we draw the line and decide to brand things "evil" if according to you we decided this on our own.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by jcoli: 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
God is the ower of evil. he created everything that exist in this universal... that is why Lucifer 1st ask and took permission to trouble Job, God even allow the lying spirit to deceived a king (husband to Jezebel who trouble the land during Elijah reign as prophet...
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Yours is a very intelligent question. The truth is that the origin of sin and evil is mysterious and unaccounted for. It is mysterious because it is hard to understand why a being terribly powerful(next in power only to the GODhead), in the holy and untainted courts of Heaven, would begin to harbour conceit and pride in his heart.

It is pertinent to understand, anyway, that GOD does not force obedience from His Creatures, and that they can choose to worship Him or not.
So, heaven won't be made of androids afterall. In which case, some guy with "free will" will go berserk and rebel against God, starting the hypothetically concluded cycle of good and evil, all over again? Or, maybe there will be no freewill in heaven? If there will be, evil will be INEVITABLE, going by your argument (since you seem to be blaming the existence of evil on freewill).
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
donnffd:

So you mean that the pain and suffering is all caused by satan who chose to be evil?

If thats the case, then why did God create him in the first place since God(omni-science) knew that satan would chose to be evil and cause alot of harm to his other creations?

The gift of freewill will surely be abused, and rebellion against GOD will surely arise. But woe to the person through whom these will come.

Bear in mind that GOD did not create Satan; He created Lucifer.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
Kay17:

Did the Devil choose to be proud and jealous or it was his predisposition to be proud and jealous?

Satan chose to become proud. Although GOD placed him in an exalted position, he began to think too much of himself and his splendour, and not of the GOD that gave all these to him. He began to feel he deserved homage due only to the Creator, because of his exalted position.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by frank317: 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
Smallville10:

Biya, mr. Athiest, why dont u go and ask God by ur self... Am i GOD? Weda he know or not, d thing is satan has been created, man has been created, you have been created, so worry more about ur self on d last day and stop carry satan problem like its ur own. Biko leave me. Inuna?

In other words, lets question nothing, lets just believe.

Since u now believe any thing, despite how ridiculous it sounds, I wonder why you don't believe Mohammad is the messenger of God and God actually asks boko haram to cause mayhem .
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
So, heaven won't be made of androids afterall. In which case, some guy with "free will" will go berserk and rebel against God, starting the hypothetically concluded cycle of good and evil, all over again? Or, maybe there will be no freewill in heaven? If there will be, evil will be INEVITABLE, going by your argument (since you seem to be blaming the existence of evil on freewill).
Nobody will sin in Heaven again. On earth, we are going through a character-moulding process. Those who will be admitted to Heaven are those who have shown that they are willing/resolved to obey GOD, and never disobey, to the end, even at the cost of their own lives. They have shown on earth that they hate sin totally, in whatever form it comes, and that they prefer living in obedience to GOD's holy laws, even till death. Their character is of obedience to GOD. They will then be granted access into the new Heavens and the new earth which GOD will make.

There will be no more sin.
Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by frank317: 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
shadeyinka:

I understand you, but I think you are trying to force your definition of evil to include anything that causes pain and/or death but its not so.

A promising 12 years old gets electrocuted! If no deliberate intension is involved van we ascribe evil?

A man carelessly driving unintentionally ran over a motorcyclist and killed/maimed him. Is this an evil?

A snake or lion who kills and swallowed/ate a pregnant woman is never called evil. The intension was to eat and NOT to cause pain!

Evil starts and end with an intention to harm or cause pain.

So you see why "We can NOT agree that Natural Disasters which brings strife, pain and death therefore can be termed Evil."

Evil is a Product of Choices we make due to our Free will.

Osama Bin'Ladin could be said to be evil however the people responsible for the Chernobyl nuclear accident in Russia are NOT evil.

Good is also a product of freewill choice.

If I accidentally found N68,000,000 thrown away by a Governor or Politician can I ascribe goodness to such a politician?

However, I a politician gave me N50,000, we can say such a politician is good (at least to me if no ulterior motive was involved)

Oh please stop this, it's sometimes embarrassing to see grown men talk this way just to defence ridiculous tales.

An event could be said to be evil
An act could be said to be evil.

If a snake swallows a pregnant woman, the event is an evil one, evil doesn't have to do with intention. Even is a sad aftermath of an an act.

If I have a good intention to get money to take my poor child to hospital and decide to go rob a bank and kill any one who stands my way... How does my intention stop my action from being evil.

Why are u even talking like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by shadeyinka(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
frank317:

Oh please stop this, it's sometimes embarrassing to see grown men talk this way just to defence ridiculous tales.

An event could be said to be evil
An act could be said to be evil.

If a snake swallows a pregnant woman, the event is an evil one, evil doesn't have to do with intention. Even is a sad aftermath of an an act.

If I have a good intention to get money to take my poor child to hospital and decide to go rob a bank and kill any one who stands my way... How does my intention stop my action from being evil.

Why are u even talking like this?

Your intention was to kill and maim in the process of achieving your goal. This is evil.

You don't need to contend against every theist position. We all learn from each other.

Being objective helps us separate emotional bursts from statement of truth.

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Nobody will sin in Heaven again. On earth, we are going through a character-moulding process. Those who will be admitted to Heaven are those who have shown that they are willing/resolved to obey GOD, and never disobey, to the end, even at the cost of their own lives. They have shown on earth that they hate sin totally, in whatever form it comes, and that they prefer living in obedience to GOD's holy laws, even till death. Their character is of obedience to GOD. They will then be granted access into the new Heavens and the new earth which GOD will make.

There will be no more sin.
WHERE did Lucifer commit his own sin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daily Confessions For Astonishing Success / Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? / Open Heavens Devotional.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.