Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Is It Only The Bible That Has Said Anything About Athiest? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Only The Bible That Has Said Anything About Athiest? (706 Views)

Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / No, Pope Francis Never Said Anything About Hellfire, Adam Etc / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Only The Bible That Has Said Anything About Athiest? by xidos: 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
hello

i was reading thru a discussion between christians and athiest. and i observed that the bible spoke about "those that say there is no God".
for instance,

Ps 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God . They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
KJV

Ps 53:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God . Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
KJV

Rom 1:18-23
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
KJV

is it only the bible that has a say about atheist, who believe that there is no God? Does the koran speak about evolution/atheist? and pls kindly state a verse referencing to it.

thanks
Re: Is It Only The Bible That Has Said Anything About Athiest? by mazaje(m): 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2009
xidos:

hello

i was reading thru a discussion between christians and athiest. and i observed that the bible spoke about "those that say there is no God".
for instance,

Ps 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God . They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
KJV

You see your bible is lying to you. . . .Take a look around you and see weather those that believe in a god are more moral or less corrupt than those that do not belielive in god. . . .

I live in atheist country where about 90 percent of the people are atheist. . . .the same country is about 100 times less corrupt than Nigeria where over 90 percent of the people believe in god. . . . .The person that runs the biggest charity organization in the world today(Bill Gates) is an atheist. . . .so why does your bible keep telling you lies
Re: Is It Only The Bible That Has Said Anything About Athiest? by xidos: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2009
hahahaaaaa

thanks but u make me laf, i didnt quote the above verses to poke u but to make an analysis of how many religion have spoken about athiest/evolution, for or against, it like the bible which is against it.

but since the verse pricks ur conscience, i will answer u first and continue my search.

I live in atheist country where about 90 percent of the people are atheist. . . .the same country is about 100 times less corrupt than Nigeria where over 90 percent of the people believe in god.

u mean sweden,finland, denmark or where?
however, note the word atheistic country u use. Nigeria in which u refer to is not a just a christian country but a multi-religious belief country where we have christians, muslim, pagan, athiest etc who believe in different deities
but for us christians (all over the world), our hope aint in the border of a country in which u boast about but beyond the imagination is a country unseen, untouchable kingdom for which we live as righteous not just to inherit such but as christian its our lifestyle whcih is lived from and the bible is our yardstick. moreover, do u think that belief in God should make me
RICHER, oh what? for me, contentment is great gain, i didnt bring anything neither will i take anything when am ready to leave this world!

well my bible cant lie to me instead it gives me hope! just becos u live as u please does it make u have a good life? why is there a higher rate of sucide rate? at least living without God "your good life" should be ok but no - suicide rate is great a sign of delusion and hopelessness!

well the bible u think is lying to me hear what it says

32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me,
if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak
this to your shame.

however, i congratulate the above countries hope they try keeping it after this post! empires have come and gone! but the church Jesus died for (not some religious org or body) stands!

The person that runs the biggest charity organization in the world today(Bill Gates) is an atheist

so what if he has charity Organization, does it mean he is the only charity org? there are also christian charity org that are still blessing lives and that reason in itself is nothing and if u say he is good, why the antitrust issue in the court that ms a company owned by ya atheist has being trying to prevent others? my blessed Jesus Christ said no one is good but God!

finally, the word corrupt in context, used in that verse means decay, depravity not dishonesty for personal gain.

[size=15pt]But what is most important is this, have u ever broken the following commandments?
then lets discuss
Have u called on the name of God in vain?

[/size]
Re: Is It Only The Bible That Has Said Anything About Athiest? by mazaje(m): 11:22am On Oct 21, 2009
xidos:

hahahaaaaa

thanks but u make me laf, i didnt quote the above verses to poke u but to make an analysis of how many religion have spoken about athiest/evolution, for or against, it like the bible which is against it.

Where did your bible speak about evolution? Hope you know that a lot of christians are now trying to claim that evolution agress with the biblical creation account?

but since the verse pricks your conscience, i will answer u first and continue my search.

How can the verse prick my conscience? . . . .The verse lied when it says only foos disbelieve in the biblegod and they do no god and that statement is a lie because I know a lot of fools that believe in the biblegod and they also do no good at all. . .

u mean sweden,finland, denmark or where?
however, note the word atheistic country u use. Nigeria in which u refer to is not a just a christian country but a multi-religious belief country where we have christians, muslim, pagan, athiest etc who believe in different deities
but for us christians (all over the world), our hope aint in the border of a country in which u boast about but beyond the imagination is a country unseen, untouchable kingdom for which we live as righteous not just to inherit such but as christian its our lifestyle whcih is lived from and the bible is our yardstick. moreover, do u think that belief in God should make me
RICHER, oh what? for me, contentment is great gain, i didnt bring anything neither will i take anything when am ready to leave this world!

Hope your know that there is no universally accepted form of christianity. . . .christianity has no universally accepted meaning and doctorine. . . it is all about personal interpretation and opinion nothing more. . . .there is nothing like christians all over the world because the world christians has no universally accepted meaning and doctorine. . . .christianity varies from place to place and from culture to culture. . . .

well my bible cant lie to me instead it gives me hope! just becos u live as u please does it make u have a good life? why is there a higher rate of sucide rate? at least living without God "your good life" should be ok but no - suicide rate is great a sign of delusion and hopelessness!

You first of all have to provide some evidence to show that the sucide rate amongst those that believe in god is less than those that do not believe in god. . . .

well the bible u think is lying to me hear what it says

32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me,
if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak
this to your shame.

What is this are you now trying to show me that your god is a militant that fights with men and beast or what?. . .

however, i congratulate the above countries hope they try keeping it after this post! empires have come and gone! but the church Jesus died for (not some religious org or body) stands!

The last time i checked there are over 33,000 different sects of christianity each fighting and castigating each other so I do not know what you are trying to say here. . .

so what if he has charity Organization, does it mean he is the only charity org? there are also christian charity org that are still blessing lives and that reason in itself is nothing and if u say he is good, why the antitrust issue in the court that ms a company owned by ya atheist has being trying to prevent others? my blessed Jesus Christ said no one is good but God!

Your bible lied that those that do not believe in the god it is selling do no good. . . .

finally, the word corrupt in context, used in that verse means decay, depravity not dishonesty for personal gain.

[size=15pt]But what is most important is this, have u ever broken the following commandments?
then lets discuss
Have u called on the name of God in vain?

[/size]

What is this?

(1) (Reply)

D Luv Of Money Is D Root Of All Evil Or The Lack Of Money Is D Root Of All Evil / The Altar Boy, Sani Emmanuel Fifa U-17 Mvp Gave Thanks To God / What Are Your Resolutions For 2010?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.