Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Top Nigerian Food With Sumptuous Aroma - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top Nigerian Food With Sumptuous Aroma (774 Views)

Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) / Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Food With Sumptuous Aroma by Foodiedame(f): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2016
Every food has it's unique aroma. That's why you can know when your neighbour is preparing vegetable soup or when she's preparing noodles. The aroma reaches the nose before the food reaches the mouth thus, the sense of smell explores our food before we eat it.

Smell does to discover and enjoy food as much as taste. If a food is going to taste good, you can tell by the aroma even though there have been exceptional cases whereby some food emit pleasant aroma but their taste doesn't meet up.

Some foods just get to implicate you especially when you stay in a face me face you apartment where you relate well with your neighbors. They know when you're preparing that nice food and know when to visit you.

The way your food smells also tells if a visitor will come back or not. Therefore, it's good to know how to season your food rightly. Don't put ogiri in a food that requires just stock cubes. In fact, I won't forgive you if you give me that food.

So, here are my top 10 most 'aroma'tic Nigerian foods:

I categorized them into Seasoned and Unseasoned because, there are foods that have aromas I them even without seasoning. But, there are some whose aromas come out after you've seasoned them RIGHTLY.

Like I said in the forth paragraph, it's necessary to season well and rightly to bring out the best of a food.

Unseasoned

1. Vegetable(Amaranth) Soup: Amaranth is the widely consumed vegetable in the Nigerian market. The aroma oozes out the moment your pour or dip it in hot water for blanching.
By the time you prepare the stew filled with stock fish, cray fish, IRU and pom
o and you add the vegetable, your neighbors are finished. At that point, vegetable lovers salivate.

2. Dodo: Dodo is still my most recognized disrespectful food. A few slices of dodo when dropped in hot oil releases such widespread scent that everyone around you become tempted to want to take a slice.

3. Noodles: Just like dodo, noodles is also a spoilt brat that releases it gas once it gets in touch with water above room temperature.

To check others, visit http://foodiedame.com.ng/xVwpe

Which food's aroma gets you hungry?

(1) (Reply)

Cooking Lessons - Steps For Major Nigerian Food(photos) / About Foodfield NG / Who Else Eats Amala With Other Soup Apart From Ewedu And Gbegiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.