Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

How To Stop Autoplay Video In Firefox, Chrome & Opera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Autoplay Video In Firefox, Chrome & Opera (3091 Views)

9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. / Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else / You Can Now Download Google Chrome Beta And Start Muting Autoplay Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Autoplay Video In Firefox, Chrome & Opera by samintegrity(m): 9:02am On Oct 13, 2016
Most internet giants such as Facebook, Google , Twitter are not exempted, they are equally guilty of it this among several other factors are responsible for hitting up your data unknowingly but the good news is you can stop autoplay video in mozilla firefox as well as Chrome

As a matter of fact in this article you will learn not just to stop it but also prevent such from reoccurring, prevention they say is far better than cure and of course it pays to prevent something from happening rather than allowing it to take is full course before you stop it

On most well known techy site, they refer to this as HTML5 videos, as a matter of fact most of our browsers such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari e.t.c now operates HTML5 making the video autoplay a bit difficult to stop

How to Stop Autoplay Video in Firefox

There are several approach to this, but we prefer you prevent them before they take action, well kindly follow the procedure below:

First and foremost, launch your Mozilla firefox, then Go to the address bar, type about:config and hit enter button.

Thereafter, click I’ll be careful, I promise! and of course you really must be very careful in your approach .

Mozilla Firefox
Now type media.autoplay in the search box staring at you.

type media.autoplay in the search box
Once the media autoplay setting display, double click on it to change the value to false.

double click on it to change the value to false

Congratulations!!!! you have now successfully disable autoplay video in mozilla firefox You longer need to worry yourself about any occurrence of autoplay videos on any web page again.

For better pictorial explanation kindly visit the source : http://www.geeksng.com/2016/10/stop-autoplay-video-firefox-chrome-opera.html

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Numbers Database / Why Phone Chargers Of 5V Outputs Electrocute And Even Kill At Times / How Do I Install Google Play Services In Gionee 5005l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.