Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. (66974 Views)

Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) / 12 Useful Things You Can Do With Your Smartphone Camera Aside Of Taking Picture / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do. You Need To See N0 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Xarouk: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2020
LEARN SOME HANDY HIDDEN SHORTCUTS

1. Want to open a link into a new tab in the background, so it won’t interrupt what you’re doing? Hold down Ctrl- or Cmd- and click it. To open a link in a whole new window, mean- while, use Shift instead. (This’ll work within most areas of Chrome, by the way—includ- ing the History page and the dropdown history list within the Back button, which we’ll get to in a bit.)

2. You probably know you can press the space bar to scroll down a full page-length, but there’s another side to that shortcut: If you press Shift and the space bar together, Chrome will do the opposite and scroll up by a full page-length at a time.

3. If you ever close a tab by mistake, hit Ctrl- or Cmd-Shift-T. Chrome will reopen your most recently closed tab as if nothing had ever happened. (And you can do it multiple times, too, if there’s more than one tab you’d like to recover.)

4. When you have a bunch of tabs open and want to hang onto the entire session for later, hit Ctrl-Shift-D. That’ll let you save all your open tabs into a folder for easy future access. To restore them, right-click the folder within your bookmarks and select “Open all” or “Open all in new window.”

5. Skip a step and get info about any word or phrase in a page by highlighting it and then right-clicking and selecting the “Search Google” option. You can also highlight a word or phrase and drag it into Chrome’s address bar to achieve the same result—or drag it into the area directly to the right of your final tab to launch the search in a new tab instead of your current one. (Bonus tip: Those same dragging behaviors can also be used to open links.)

6. Save a link with a single click: Just click, hold down your mouse button, and drag the link up into Chrome’s bookmarks bar. Drop it wherever you want, and it’ll be there the next time you need it .

7. If you download a file and then want to move it somewhere specific, click on its tile in the download bar that appears at the bottom of the browser. You can then drag and drop whatever you downloaded directly onto your desktop or into any folder.

8. You can also drag and drop files from Chrome’s download bar directly into an online service—like Google Drive, for instant uploading, or Gmail, for inserting the file as an attachment in a new message.

9. Should you ever find Chrome mysteriously misbehaving, remember this command: chrome://restart. Type it into Chrome’s address bar, and your browser will restart itself and restore all your tabs and windows in a jiffy. You never know when it might come in handy.

137 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by punisha: 11:06am On Mar 07, 2020
Educative thread.
Lalastic.lala u won't help ignorant people on Nairaland and move this to FP, but if it's snake thread...i don talk finish.

Okay Lala has done the needful. All hail the Snake man.
Meanwhile, hunger has made the young man under me realise he has a talent.

For sirens pls contact him he offers discounts to Nairalanders.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by seanwilliam(m): 11:52am On Mar 07, 2020
Wow wow wow wow

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Firstorderwizard(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2020
This post is front page worthy

1 Like

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Neyoohpompy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nice one Op....Lala move this to FP
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by mytime24(f): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
Wow wow wow wow
U b ambulance angry

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Geedy: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
Wow wow wow wow
Alau Akbar in Olamide's voice

18 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by REMMEI(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
Geedy:
Alau Akbar in Olamide's voice

Gbogbo awon tan underrate me now they all bow...

5 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by mank1234(m): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
mytime24:
U b ambulance angry
Lwkmd

4 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Karleb(m): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
mytime24:
U b ambulance angry
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by ALABACONNECT(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
You didn't mention the fact that you could play the "jumping dinosaur" game while you wait for your network to come up ...... AMAZING cheesy

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by y3mi(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Xarouk:
LEARN SOME HANDY HIDDEN SHORTCUTS
1. Want to open a link into a new tab in the background, so it won’t interrupt what you’re doing? Hold down Ctrl- or Cmd- and click it. To open a link in a whole new window, mean- while, use Shift instead. (This’ll work within most areas of Chrome, by the way—includ- ing the History page and the dropdown history list within the Back button, which we’ll get to in a bit.)
2. You probably know you can press the space bar to scroll down a full page-length, but there’s another side to that shortcut: If you press Shift and the space bar together, Chrome will do the opposite and scroll up by a full page-length at a time.
3. If you ever close a tab by mistake, hit Ctrl- or Cmd-Shift-T. Chrome will reopen your most recently closed tab as if nothing had ever happened. (And you can do it multiple times, too, if there’s more than one tab you’d like to recover.)
4. When you have a bunch of tabs open and want to hang onto the entire session for later, hit Ctrl-Shift-D. That’ll let you save all your open tabs into a folder for easy future access. To restore them, right-click the folder within your bookmarks and select “Open all” or “Open all in new window.”
5. Skip a step and get info about any word or phrase in a page by highlighting it and then right-clicking and selecting the “Search Google” option. You can also highlight a word or phrase and drag it into Chrome’s address bar to achieve the same result—or drag it into the area directly to the right of your final tab to launch the search in a new tab instead of your current one. (Bonus tip: Those same dragging behaviors can also be used to open links.)
6. Save a link with a single click: Just click, hold down your mouse button, and drag the link up into Chrome’s bookmarks bar. Drop it wherever you want, and it’ll be there the next time you need it .
7. If you download a file and then want to move it somewhere specific, click on its tile in the download bar that appears at the bottom of the browser. You can then drag and drop whatever you downloaded directly onto your desktop or into any folder.
8. You can also drag and drop files from Chrome’s download bar directly into an online service—like Google Drive, for instant uploading, or Gmail, for inserting the file as an attachment in a new message.
9. Should you ever find Chrome mysteriously misbehaving, remember this command: chrome://restart. Type it into Chrome’s address bar, and your browser will restart itself and restore all your tabs and windows in a jiffy. You never know when it might come in handy.
I already knew some, but not many of the ones you've listed.

Good work...op

Nairaland to the front page asap.

Opera, Firefox, Yandex, Edge going down like Young Joc as...

Internet Explorer continue to rot in limbo

NB
the only thing I miss ancient version of Opera for is it ability to save a webpage as a .mht file which is far more better, quicker and compressed than saving as .html files.

Op and one more thing....

The best feature of Google Chrome which you fail to mention (or never knew of) is its ability to resume on any computer anywhere in the world provided your Gmail account is signed in, is Chrome Sync, which allows you to have all your bookmarks, passwords, pinned tabs, themes as well as all the installed add-ons and 3rd party plug-ins available on a different computer just as they were on the original computer they were all set up on.

People need to know that too.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by CharlesJok3r: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
Like for Chrome, Share for Mozila Firefox.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by YoungPerson(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
yen yen yen

If you ain't talking about how canChrome fetch you $$$$$$$, I'm not interested in the story yoooo!!!!
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by SultanOfPuna: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
Dee
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Godpikin4real(f): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Really?
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
punisha:
Educative thread.
Lalastic.lala u won't help ignorant people on Nairaland and move this to FP, but if it's snake thread...i don talk finish.

Be humble
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by ABCthings: 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
: I'm I suppose to remember all these?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by dake40(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nice but it drains RAM quicker than any other browsers

11 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Abbeyme: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Educative
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by RuddyFusion(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
Good one
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by SundayIgbanke: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
i know because I can't do without chrome

both on pc and mobile
it makes browsing easy and smooth
and makes work easier and documented

i wonder how people cope with other browsers

9 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by cRobo: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
I knew all before

Nothing new here to learn
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by SundayIgbanke: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
dake40:
Nice but it drains RAM quicker than any other browsers
yes because it offers you the best experience

i use SD845 6gb ram and chrome is as smooth as fork on it.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nice
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by ChaseVibes(m): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hmmm
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by MVLOX(m): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
nice one there
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by IDFWU(m): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
punisha:
Educative thread.

Why should Lala move it to FP angry
Did you see or read snake on it angry
Lala no mind am joor wink
Re: 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. by Alexun(m): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / Nokia C1 Unboxing and Review - N18,500 budget smartphone Review (Photos) / Mtn 1gb For N200, 2.5gb For N500 And 5gb For N1000 – Night Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.