Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

2007 - Stocks To Watch! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2007 - Stocks To Watch! (2099 Views)

Winoptions.com: Trade Global Currencies, Stocks, Indices, Commodities Binary Opt / 10 Nigerian Entrepreneurs To Watch Out For In 2012 / How To Trade Global Penny Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 - Stocks To Watch! by oshkosh(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2006
2006 has been a fantastic year for many investors in the Nigerian stock market, , Oceanic, First bank, UBA, WAPCO, Ashaka, TransCorp, GTB  to name a few.

Some investors where more successful at predicting this trend than others, and therefore, benefited the most from their forsight.

So now that 2007 is upon us,  which stocks, in your opinion, are the 'must have' , if we are to maintain this momentum.

For me, I think WAPCO, Ashaka, UBA, Dangote, TransCorp, NBL ,

Any takers?
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by Flintz(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2006
Wellwellwell,  stocks for '07

One sure bet, hoping u that is reading this bought it ,is Dangote Sugar. That stock's going places in '07. (SHH!! But do you know what happened to BCC in '06 was majorly because of Dangote??)

Another one you can never lose out on is First Bank. Buy it at its current price now of below N33, and i can bet u'll be a happier man by Q'3 '06.

I don't know if u've been following their retail strategies since the merger, but UBA and their ticketing shiz for dem airlines, and their recent alliance with Metroploitan Life Assurance, will surely be a key growth driver for their financial performance in '07. Let's not forget that what enables them to carry out these ticketing arrangements is their vast branch network, so all they are doing is capitalising costlessly on an already established asset. (Who ever said Elumelu wasn't a genius??)

Just hope some depression happens to Oceanic Bank and you can get it at about 11-12 bucks and i can assure you'll be happy you made a wise decision. Remember, their FY'07 scorecard should be out by Q'1 06, so make your decisions on this one quickly.

HEEEEEEYYYY!!! U don't expect me to give you all the investment tips here do you?? Go do your homework!!!

Flint,
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by LoverBwoy(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2006
HEEEEEEYYYY!!! U don't expect me to give you all the investment tips here do you?? Go do your homework!!!
come on this site is probably the only site that have real information on whats happening as regards to nigeria companies, they either dont have a functioning website or they just promote themselves

even some business newspaper seems to be getting paid for positive stories about the companies
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by ebony9ja(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2006
I will put my money on BCC. The stock will go places 2007. Am betting the stock will hit N100 or more. If Dangote can fulfill his promise of N6.41k dividend, then it will cross the N100 mark. This type of stock (high dividend yield) is prime target for institutional investors. we will likely know what to expect by the time the company releases 07,Q2 result. hope they would have commissioned the second train of the cement plant by then.

Dangote is another good stock that will return at least 50% next year. tradable volume or float will be relatively small due to institutional investors holdings. And when your tradable float is small, you better key in to stock like that.

UBAplc will start to reap the effect of her business alliances come next year. hope this will tranlate into appropriate pricing of the stock .

watch out for Zenith, Ovia might as well surprise us with bonus issue next year, its high time anyway,

Diamondbank-- its a N10 -N12 stock.
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by LoverBwoy(m): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2006
sorry what's BCC again?
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by ebony9ja(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2006
benue cement company
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by Flintz(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2006
Yea, Diamond Bank yea,  Only if i had tapped into it at below N6.00, now its hitting 7 bucks and on a roller coaster now,  Stocks!!! Appropriate timing is necessary. But then, a really good buy at current market price. Stock's PE is one of the lowest, if not the lowest in the sector!!!! Be wise y'all, Time is limited!!!
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by oshkosh(m): 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2007
I've done a little more reseach and the following growth stocks come up high on the list for 2007 -

WAPCO -
NB -
Diamond Bank
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by Flintz(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2007
WAPCO, NB and DBL?? For what reasons OSHKOSH??

As far as i am concerned, WAPCO is kinda overpriced. And i think investors in 2007 should really make use of ther PE index to guide their investment decisions in terms of appropriate price.

And like i think i mentioned earlier in my last post, Diamond Bank has one of the lowest PE's in its sector and thus makes a good buy tomorrow.

I aint a good follower of the breweries sector so i cant really say much about NB.

Flint,
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by gists: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2007
Flintz:

WAPCO, NB and DBL?? For what reasons OSHKOSH??

As far as i am concerned, WAPCO is kind of overpriced. And i think investors in 2007 should really make use of ther PE index to guide their investment decisions in terms of appropriate price.

And like i think i mentioned earlier in my last post, Diamond Bank has one of the lowest PE's in its sector and thus makes a good buy tomorrow.

I aint a good follower of the breweries sector so i can't really say much about NB.

Flint,

If the PE ratio is ur only index tru which u concluded dt some stocks are over & under priced, I'll suggest u stay away from stocks. What abt earnings/share as compared to the corresponding quater of the previous year, is it high or lower? (take into account scrpit/bonus issues) how abt market share, is d coy's market share increasing or declining?, U shld also consider institutional investors, wot stocks are they buying/selling (u can get a glimps from d daily volume).

I bliv a coy's PE ratio is not enof to justify buying/selling decisions of any stock. If a coy's PE ratio is high, their is probably a reason 4 it.
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by TeeHay(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2007
Looks like we have lost/losing interest in the Insurance Sector!! I personally think that the likes of UNIC may spring suprises post consolidation. A conservative price of 250k/300k may not be out of place by Q3 2007.

However for 07 Q1 Outlook: I expect that Diamond & GTB would still be the toast of investors!!

For 07 Q2 Outlook: I expect Zenith to pull suprises by then. I believe the market has not fully responded to ZBL fantastic Q1 result. Maybe waiting for the result consolidation when the expected Q2 results is released.

For dare devil investors, Fidelity Bank with good growth in EPS for last 2 FY and lowest PE in the sector stands a booty potential for investors. Maybe with her expected Q2 results, this may further be proved!!
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by oshkosh(m): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2007
Yeah, I agree with the Diamond, GTB analysis.

I also think InterContinental will be a surprise for Q1, EPS, PBT and PAT would increase significantly from last year.
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by dhoyin: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2007
o guy you just dey talk about stock you did not tell us the reasons why we need to watch out for those stocks you mentioned.
Re: 2007 - Stocks To Watch! by oshkosh(m): 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2007
As stated in my previous post, here are the reasons I believe Intercontinental is a good buy -

- Projected PE ratio is amongst the lowest in the sector, together with the likes of Diamond bank.
- Profit Before Tax, Profit After Tax and Gross revenues for 3rd quarter have increased more than
100% compared to last year.
- Only recently trading at around IPO price of just over 13 naira.
- Project Dividend yield and EPS is amongst the highest in the sector.

I may be wrong, but I have a good feeling on this one.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start And Make Money With Bulksms Business / Red/palm Oil Business / Logistics And Errand Boy Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.