Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? (2687 Views)

Where Has All The Men Gone - Must Read / Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? / Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Rosabelle(f): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2009
So this evening I read around NL and checked out that 'most times' a thread doesnt get abusive until a man starts.
I dont get it. Sometime ago, women used to be known as abuisve, talkative, gossips etc. Today, everywhere you look (especially in our culture), things are quiet until men enter the equation. They brull and stamp and basically act like they have to be heard at all costs.
Whats up with the trouble-looking attitude that MEN are beginning to develop so strongly.
Is it a lack of confidence or what?
Am I the only one who feels this way? Or have you noticed similar?

PS: Lets see who will start abusing me first!
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by platinumnk(f): 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2009
i love you

is that abusive grin
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by dominique(f): 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2009
you think only the men are abusive
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Rosabelle(f): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2009
Nope.
Rosabelle:

So this evening I read around NL and checked out that 'most times' a thread doesnt get abusive until a man starts.
was what I said.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by dominique(f): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2009
ok o. . . hope you are prepared for sum bashings from the guys.
subscribing to thread
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Godmother(f): 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2009
Right behind you suscribing too
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ topic

because thats how they'll handle their partners.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
. . aggression does not equal abuse. . . but, if you do indeed feel that the NL men are abusive, then ok, I guess.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 21, 2009
There are a thousand and one females on this board who have multiple orgasm dissing guys.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

Lol cause you know you'll be causing it with ur generalized title.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by adagz01(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2009
@poster,so u hav now finally decides 2 abuse d men in NL,i think u will hav a cup full of it, BICTH
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ezeagu(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2009
tpia.:

@ topic

tpia has mouth to talk against abusive fire starters? undecided
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by BabyJinx: 8:59am On Oct 21, 2009
NL men. . .Abusive?!! Well I never heard such a thing!! angry

They are not abusive. . .just misunderstood.

You know when they call women names, they are just trying to express their gentlemanliness.

You gotta learn to read between the lines when it comes to this perfect creatures called NL Men.

Next time one of 'em calls you a LovePeddler or slut. . . reach out and give him a hug because what he's really saying "You remind me of my mama"

When he calls you a slutty desperate and frustrated girl, what he's means is "You are almost at my sister's level but she's light years ahead of you"

See, understanding is the key, it is what makes the world go round.

Now let peace reign!! smiley
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by netotse(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2009
Baby Jinx:

NL men. . .Abusive?!! Well I never heard such a thing!! angry

They are not abusive. . .just misunderstood.

You know when they call women names, they are just trying to express their gentlemanliness.

You gotta learn to read between the lines when it comes to this perfect creatures called NL Men.

Next time one of 'em calls you a LovePeddler or slut. . . reach out and give him a hug because what he's really saying "You remind me of my mama"

When he calls you a slutty desperate and frustrated girl, what he's means is "You are almost at my sister's level but she's light years ahead of you"

See, understanding is the key, it is what makes the world go round.

Now let peace reign!! smiley

you are mean o!. . .lol

@OP
you too u hv mouth o, first time we "met" you were saying or implying (cant rem which) that all naija men are badly brought up!
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Rosabelle(f): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2009
adagz 01:

@poster,so u hav now finally decides 2 abuse d men in NL,i think u will hav a cup full of it, BICTH

netotse:

@OP
you too u hv mouth o, first time we "met" you were saying or implying (cant rem which) that all naija men are badly brought up!
smiley
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2009
So, she was biased from the beginning. . . I see.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
There are a thousand and one females on this board who have multiple orgasm dissing guys.

shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by agathamari(f): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
tpia.:

@ topic

agreed
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
I so agree with the poster menh I do not get it either undecided
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
Then what are you women doing besides complaining? Abi, boycott NL & Nigerian men. Or better yet, boycott all men. Is that so hard? Sheesh.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by chic2pimp(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Then what are you women doing besides complaining? Abi, boycott NL & Nigerian men. Or better yet, boycott all men. Is that so hard? Sheesh.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ritaNL: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
We are not abusive you this pomo head  grin
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Hauwa1: 1:01am On Oct 22, 2009
stress due to their jobs and striking uni lecturer. some are hungry by the time they go to internet cafe. an hungry man is and angry man lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ezeagu(m): 1:09am On Oct 22, 2009
*Hauwa*:

stress due to their jobs and striking uni lecturer. some are hungry by the time they go to internet cafe. an hungry man is and angry man lipsrsealed

Most nairalanders are from the US and UK.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Rosabelle(f): 7:04am On Oct 22, 2009
ezeagu:

Most nairalanders are from the US and UK.
Not true. Most NLanders are from Lagos. You only have to check the way they abuse people. Its only lagosians I know in the whole of nigerian (and I dont mean yorubas', but basically people in lagos) that abuse people without break cos that place is crude and errodes all finery a human being can have
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by davidif: 8:44am On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle:

I dont get it. Sometime ago, women used to be known as abuisve, talkative, gossips etc. Today, everywhere you look (especially in our culture), things are quiet until men enter the equation. They brull and stamp and basically act like they have to be heard at all costs.
Whats up with the trouble-looking attitude that MEN are beginning to develop so strongly.
Is it a lack of confidence or what?
Am I the only one who feels this way? Or have you noticed similar?

I LOVE YOU.
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ezeagu(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2009
Because they have abusive mothers. . . . shocked
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by sweetpie23: 10:49am On Oct 22, 2009
ezeagu:

Because they have abusive mothers. . . . shocked
fool
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by ezeagu(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2009
sweetpie23:

fool

You see. grin
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by throttler(f): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2009
though it wont be fair to generalize,

because they are hidden behind their computers, and wont be normally brutish face-to-face.

because some get a kick from kicking others.

because, they know why really,
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by netotse(m): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle:

Not true. Most NLanders are from Lagos. You only have to check the way they abuse people. Its only lagosians I know in the whole of nigerian (and I dont mean yorubas', but basically people in lagos) that abuse people without break cos that place is crude and errodes all finery a human being can have
i'm a lagosian by the standards you listed i dont think i go about abusing people. . .
Re: Why Are The Men On NL (or In Nigeria) So Abusive? by Rosabelle(f): 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
I generalised. Sure I know there are people who dont go round abusing. But one day in lagos traffic will tell you what I mean

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / The Igbo People / Oji Ezinihitte Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.