Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 (11402 Views)

Samsung Has Raised The Bar For Android Updates / Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8 / Samsung Permanently Discontinues The Galaxy Note7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by unclesamtech(m): 6:11am On Oct 14, 2016
The decision comes immediately after the company issued a press release asking users to power down all original and replaced Note7 units, and for retailers and career partners to stop sales and exchanges of the smartphone.

“We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation.” said Samsung in a statement yesterday.

The decision to end the Note7 production is the final step in a rather tumultuous journey. After being announced back in August and being met with generally positive reviews, the Note7 first came under fire — quite literally — after reports of units exploding surfaced on the internet. After 35 cases had been reported, Samsung issued an official recall of the device, which sent everyone in a tizzy and airlines and ******* authorities calling for an official ban on usage of the device in several countries.

Samsung did what it could, replacing not just the affected but every Note7 it sold and issuing a new device with an updated battery pack and a green battery indicator so the customers and authorities alike could tell them apart. It even restricted the older devices from charging beyond 60% so people who hadn’t replaced theirs yet wouldn’t overcharge them.

But after the replacement units also started catching fire, most notably one on a Southwest Airlines flight 994 from Louisville to Baltimore, which had to be evacuated when a passenger’s replacement Note7 caught fire, Samsung eventually asked everyone to power them down. And finally did what was inevitable and, some might argue, what should have been done from the beginning, pulled the plug entirely on the Note7.

We are waiting to hear from Samsung on how it plans to proceed with existing Note7 devices that are out there and also how it deals with customers who have pending orders.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_permanently_discontinues_the_galaxy_note7-news-21001.php

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2016
That's why you shouldn't be in a hurry to buy a phone after its launch...

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2016
It seemed like a really great phone though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Olateef(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2016
I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a raffle ticket for a brand new car. When i got home,i explained to my dad what i did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day,when my dad woke up and opened the door,outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me,because the car was from the electricity company,they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Most they produces on daily basis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by ychris: 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
What Should i comment self? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by akilo1: 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by ogorwyne(f): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
Bad market

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by oxygen004: 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
Note 7 is note 7..... People is on the run

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by etcme(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
Orishirishi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by 00Ademi(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
we don hear dhis tori before nw.... mod

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Opistorincos(m): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Stale
Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Oluwayeezy: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2016
lol..... yeah, like the atomic bombs of world war ii didn't cause enough damage..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Thank God......
So Obi no go fit dey oppress my tecno with I'm phone again

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Olukokosir(m): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Ao many tyms will dz hit front page.. Na d 6th tym b dz nitiori olohun ...

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 14, 2016
I think their decision is well-taken.. No Airline would want a 200k phone to crash their plane due to fire outbreak..

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Ijaya123: 6:52am On Oct 14, 2016
The result of over obsession with iPhone and trying to outdo the leader.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by vickvilles(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2016
I feel for Samsung honestly, they got it all wrong these time, I hope they bounce back stronger.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by CharlieMaria(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2016
Olateef:
I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a raffle ticket for a brand new car. When i got home,i explained to my dad what i did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day,when my dad woke up and opened the door,outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me,because the car was from the electricity company,they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again
Clown you got me laughing so hard.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by richyfunky(m): 6:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Maybe they should just focus on other electronic devices and leave smartphones for Apple & the likes

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by pretydiva(f): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2016
Dats their cup of headache

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by clefstone(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2016
This topic was on frontpage some days back undecided

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by EternalBeing: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2016
Of cause, for bombgate. iPhone 7 next, for hissgate.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2016
I have said it before and here to say it again .They offended the Number 6 goddess by Skipping Note 6 ,so they need to appease the goddess ,am sure everything will normalise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by ajalawole(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Are they going to refund the money also

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by LordGuru1: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2016
Sad news!!!

For us the infantry Batallion, S7 more useful than granade and bazooka combined.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by RichDad1(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2016
Up Techno.... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by dasphinx1(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2016
R.I.P Note 7, the best phone that never lived sad

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Julietcutie(f): 7:10am On Oct 14, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by Eillyeillz(m): 7:12am On Oct 14, 2016
Up Infinix

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 by dollarprincess(f): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2016
check out why it took samsung soo much time to suspend the production of there falgship phone Galaxy note 7 www.getontopc.com/2016/10/samsung-set-to-suspends-production-of.html?m=1

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Your Tecno Phones Run On Lollipop OS / Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / Which One Should I Buy Between (infinix Note 3 Pro And Tecno Camon Cx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.