Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? (17996 Views)

The Definition Of Wahala...[funny] / The Definition Of Nairaland / Definition Of A Youth/who Is A Youth In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by naijacutee(f): 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2006
Please can anyone give me a proper and concise definition for the word 'Olodo' in the context of schoolwork? Remember when in primary school, the child who had the lowest score would be branded an 'olodo' by the class teacher? How do you define the word in this context?
Other contexts welcome!!!
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by rikkyjen(m): 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2006
Dummy, Dumb-ass, Dumbfuck , Dullard wink
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by naijacutee(f): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2006
Thanks for that, rikkijen but I googled that too!
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by rikkyjen(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2006
lol, you googled what? You googled olodo?. Well, olodo is a yoruba word.Hmm you can find it thru Google yoruba wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by rezzy: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2006
Olodo can be defined as a person who doesnt know anything,whose brain is empty.
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by gbengaijot(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2006
i don't think there is an olodo, frankly speaking someone is an olodo if they dont know something particularyly. It then doesnt mean that the person is a dullard.

Ok, will you call Bill gates a Olodo just because he does not know how to cook even though he can sue your ass for pirating microsoft software or domain name?

can you call ruggedman a olodo just because he cannot solve a simple calculus formula even though he can turn your oriki into a rap dance track like baraje?

Will you call Naijacutee a olodo( Biko no vex ooooo, abeg, lol) just because she does not know programming, even though she can tell you a million business model you can start-up from the scratch

SO i have deduced the fact that, Olodo cannot be defined as someone who is a dullard, but as someone who is well versed in other things but very dull in some other aspects.

Ok, maybe i know, Hunn(Naijacutee, ), i think i remember what olodo is. Olodo is the name of the thing we were talking about on the phone the other time before christmas, lol, isnt it?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by rezzy: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2006
Ok ok i agree with you.
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by naijacutee(f): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2006
Thanks for killing it, Gbenga!!! And sure you nailed it. However, lets wait and see whether we get more suggestions. . .
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by cmenow91: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
IN THAT CONTEXT, "OLODO" DOES NOT MEAN HE/SHE DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING AS "OLODO" INTERPRETES INTOTO. IT MEANS HE HAS BEEN LEFT BEHIND. BEAR IN MIND THAT OLODO IN KINGS SCHOOL COULD BE THE WISE ONE IN QUEENS SCHOOL. I REST MYCASE
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by EwaenD: 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
Olodo is a Benin word and not Yoruba. olodo means a door frame.
It was used as a slang word to mean a dull person, but it's original meaning from Benin Language is a door frame.
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by Isiterere(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
General olodo and specific olodo. I don't think there is any general olodo in reality. Specific olodo has to do with with a particular act at a particular time
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by Ayotundetv2: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
EwaenD:
Olodo is a Benin word and not Yoruba. olodo means a door frame.
It was used as a slang word to mean a dull person, but it's original meaning from Benin Language is a door frame.
what of o gba odo? Is odo a Benin word? When we say olodo it mean someone that always score zero in his/her assignment, exam or tests.. Olodo originated from Yoruba, is not just a slang it has meaning..all Yoruba slangs out there like japa, ode, oyinbo, oponu, asewo you folks corrupt as ashawo, olosho etc all have meaning. We don’t just say words without meaning in Yorubaland that’s why it will be so difficult for you lots to corrupt our language/words. Olodo in Benin have different meaning not the olodo that popularize in nigeria or are you not taught words with different meaning?
Re: What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? by kayfra: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
Olu of Odo. The Lord of Zeros

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lawrence Anini And Osunbor: Anyone? / Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers / Who Is This Mc Oluomo In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.