Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. (720 Views)

Garri Is Never On Advert Bt Sell Pass Indomie Why? / Tips On Advert/distribution Of Magazine Publishing / Zain Spending So Much On Advert? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by jimmypee(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2009
Through my study i realized that adverts on the electronic media are responded to by just 10% of the viewers.
The reasons to this fact is not far fetched.

We all know that our power supply is very bad. 70% of us can not aford the expenses of running a generator.

A day has 24hrs, half of this is occupied with work. And the only thing people do to relax is watching movies on Dvd.

So tell me when will people see your advert on tv?

When you have to stay glued to your tv to see the advert you paid for, i bet you, that adver has failled. These days adverts are forced on people to see.

There are easier, cheaper ways of getting your products to people, which is what advertisment is all about.

These i will discuss on my next post. Till then keep on your act of busy-ness.
Re: Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by dinggle: 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
Real talk!
Re: Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by naijacutee(f): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2009
I actually agree with you. For once someone is posting a reasonable discussion, not begging people to click on a website. .
Re: Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by yommyuk: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
I can see your point. However let me do a bit of maths for u tongue

70% of us can not aford the expenses of running a generator.
meaning 30% may be able to afford it.
30% of 150 million people = 45million,
that is the population of Holland and Ghana put together.

Very hard to ignore cheesy
Re: Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by efreebies: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
its well o,electronic media is for the rish alone.maybe the average and pooor does not need to be informed.may god deliver us o
Re: Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
the solution is simply direct marketing, i.e, shifting away from the shotgun approach of mass advertising to a more narrowly defined, rifle approach to targeting the most profitable existing customers and prospective new customers who are most likely to purchase a product or service.
Re: Most Of The Money Spent On Advert On The Electronic Media Is A Waste. by yommyuk: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2009
Again it depends on the culture of the business enviroment of the customers the advert is targeting
For instance in the UK, If a new car or newmobile phone handset is advertised on TV, it can have a instant impact on the demand for the product.
However in Nigeria, most people view adverts as a time to change the channel
Different perspective.

(1) (Reply)

Pallet Strapping Material / ??? / I Need This Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.