Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,561 members, 7,847,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (179277 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2016
My Dr Skarlett ...Why Will Feyi Die?? You're Toooo Good For My Liking... Keep The Fire Burning Drie.. More Ideas To Yur Story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Khutie: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2016
Wowww! Back and stronger! Am enjoying err' part of story.
Buh I hope xay no be for my Feyi throat dem slash dah knife, khoz if na true...yhu don vex me be dah... cheesy . Regardless the suspense, yhu re doing good hun' , whatever direction the story leads ya, Khutie gotch ya back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Johnsown1(m): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2016
jagugu88li:
True dat! Then she will cry heartache, men are dogs. Selfishness can be reciprocated......silent revenge cool
If men are dogs that means women are peekcock and gold diggers, anyway let me just catch u guys on the break,
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Nice one ska rlett...let feyi no die ooo...happy birthday to me wmllnp...xo happy

Awwwn! Happy birthday sweetheart, we are month mates, i wish you long life and prosperity dearie, go and conquer and of course enjoy the day wink

Ps:
You'll be the first to receive my small gift just drop your email cheesy
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Dedicated to osleek, monalicious, dhanidhamy, adebriana, spdazzy and lovelyudy

Fifteen

Feyi woke up with a start, hands held on her throat, heart beat faster than normal. A sigh of relief surged through her as her hand massaged her slender neck devoid of cuts, stabs or bruises.

Oh my God, it was a dream, just a dream, she thought as she tried to steady her heart. She looked around her dark room with fear and trepidation and her gaze landed on the shadows. She felt a sense of deja’vu as she stared hard at the form that seemed to be a person in her room. She fought the sense of panic and mounting dread that filled her.

“W-who’s there?” she croaked.

The murderer couldn’t stay to watch Feyi battle with her nightmares. There were more pressing things to do and time was running out.

Clinging to shadows, the murderer stalked out of the house that early morning. A steady temper was essential here. Give nothing away. Feyi did not need to die except the circumstances were out of control. She posed no real threat. She was simply an annoyance with her snooty attitude, a spoilt brat who ran to mummy’s arms when she was scared. She was just a pawn in the killer’s hands but then again, pawns could be easily disposed. Until she proved a serious threat, she was still somewhat a necessary nuisance.

The compound was well lit and the dogs prowled the grounds. It was a good thing the killer wasn’t afraid of animals as the two black Labradors came sniffing. Depositing a few treats and caressing their powerful necks, the killer didn’t spend time with the animals but walked confidently to the gate.

The garage was built as an extension of the house and the key was in the small gate room. Musa would soundly be asleep on his bed in the boys quarters. The killer got both keys to the garage and the gate before going to the garage. The door to the garage opened, the killer brought out the keys to the Toyota Camry, keys that had been filched from Feyi’s room.

It would be a few hours before Feyi would need the car but the killer would be done hours before then and back to the house. As for the security men at the estate gate, a few wads of naira and they wouldn’t even remember the face that drove the black Camry out of the estate at 2am.

In a few minutes, Dr. Lily’s apartment came to view. Dawn was fast approaching, there was no more time.

It was a hideous start to her day, Feyi reflected as she drove to work grumpily that morning. Tomiwa had offered more resistance than usual when she dropped him off at the daycare. Blessing would pick him up on her way back from school. He seemed restless just as she had been that morning as she’d lain awake waiting for the break of dawn.

Her nightmare had woken her up and kept her awake hours later. It had turned out that nobody had been in the room and her fear of the shadow had been a figment of her imagination but she hadn’t been able to shake off the feeling of dread that formed a knot at the pit of her stomach. The left side of her face twitched like she had a bad case of tics. If she was more superstitious she’d believe the old wives tale that her twitchiness was an omen; a bad omen. But she knew better than to take stock in myths and superstitions she thought as she nosed her car into the company’s car park.
She needed a workout, she decided. Working off her frayed nerves would do her a world of good. But before then she had to get through the rest of the day and a board meeting. Her conference materials were in the boot, she put it there yesterday afternoon.

She parked her car and went around to the boot. She yanked up the trunk and immediately wished she hadn’t.

“Jesus fuc.king Christ!” she swore and stared at her trunk dumbstruck.

Her body felt leaden; her mouth was dry; her fingers lost its hold on the keys that slid noiselessly from her hands to the floor.

It couldn’t be, it wasn’t possible.

This was another figment of her imagination she thought. If she closed her eyes and opened it, the image would go away just like the shadow in her room had. She closed her eyes and opened it but it was still there, the horror of the image congealing her slim breakfast of toast and coffee in her stomach. She felt sick as she stared at the wide eyes of the bloody body in her boot.

She swallowed her nausea in her throat. Drawing shaky breaths, she bent closer. She saw a pair of lifeless eyes staring at her and jumped back as if punched. Wrinkled skin but pretty and unknown to her.

The woman’s legs were wedged against the wheel hub. Her right hand rested across her chest. The gash in her neck was still dripping and blood was congealed on the woman’s greying hair. Feyi didn’t need the doctor to tell her the woman was dead. If the stab on her neck hadn’t killed her, staying in the boot of the car for what Feyi could guess was hours and being shut away from oxygen would surely kill her.

The rush of adrenaline that shot through Feyi sprung her into action after staring at the woman like she was in a trance. “Oh my God! Security! Security!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs and ran off to the security post.

She grasped the shirt front of one of the security men at the gate like a lunatic, “y-you’ve got to do something! You’ve got to come with me!”

The security man looked at her strangely like she had grown two heads and she realized, he couldn’t do much. She had to get the police, she had to call somebody. She frisked through her jean pockets and brought put her phone. Had she gotten the detective’s number? She didn’t think so, who else could she call? Tunji! Her husband, Tunji would know what to do.

“Hey honey,” he said three rings later.

“Tunji.” She croaked his name, ordered herself not to panic and continued. “There’s a… I found a woman’s body in my boot.”

The security guard gazed at her with open mouth. The line went silent for a few heartbeats and when Feyi thought he had cut the call, his voice cut through her, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine but there’s a…a d-dead woman in my boot,” she repeated. “Call the police.”

“I’ve heard you, where are you now?”

“In the office, I’m standing at the gate. There’s a security guard with me.”

“Good. Stay there Feyi, don’t go back to your car. I’m on my way and I must commend you for holding it down like you’re doing.”

Holding it down? Reaction set in and Feyi felt her knees buckling and soon they gave out. She swooned and the guard held out a steady hand to hold her up. There was a black out behind her eyes.

Tbc
Like, share, criticize

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2016
Khutie:
Wowww! Back and stronger! Am enjoying err' part of story.
Buh I hope xay no be for my Feyi throat dem slash dah knife, khoz if na true...yhu don vex me be dah... cheesy . Regardless the suspense, yhu re doing good hun' , whatever direction the story leads ya, Khutie gotch ya back

Thank you hon, e be like Feyi no die o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2016
sirblero:
My Dr Ska rlett ...Why Will Feyi Die??
You're Toooo Good For My Liking...
Keep The Fire Burning Drie.. More Ideas To Yur Story

Thank you dear, Feyi is alive o cheesy
Re: Hearts In Ashes by bummybummy(f): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2016
tnk God Feyi a alive but who could b d killer?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
What a relief *sighs* She's alive... Thanks Skarlett for the update, but the suspense is killing me. Who's the killer? hope it's not Tunji

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
skarlett:

Thank you dear, Feyi is alive o cheesy

YEAH...Thankgod She's Still Alive...But The Conditn She's In..Hmmmmmm...Pray Ntin Happns To Her..As Humbe,gentle.Innocent As ...
Ride On Dr... I've Gat Yah Back!

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by hottadiva(f): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
tongue actor no dey die for film

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
hottadiva:
tongue actor no dey die for film

I dey tell you wink
Re: Hearts In Ashes by drezzi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
wow,skarlett thumbs up,u r doing a wonderful job,,,wait o i hope tunji z not d killer

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Dhanidhamy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
keep it coming,am enjoyin every bit of this story.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
Finally back on track
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Johnsown1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hmmmm, finally ooooo baby make we go down, omo sexy skarlett baby, baby make we go down, were benu Maya ya.
Don't keep me waiting,

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by LovelyUdy: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
Wow! Thanks Scarlett for mentioning me. I feel honoured.
And just as I tot, it was but a dream. If Feyi dies story don end na. But I'm suspecting that Tunji guy and for those dogs not to have barked at the sight of the killer means the person is not a stranger to them.
Ride on dear. Hope we're getting another update today atleast to makeup for the days u missed over the weekend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by LilySopi(f): 6:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
The suspense is killing.. Oh God!! Cud Tunji be the killer.. Noooooo, am dreaming. Nice one d'r

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by lumzybo: 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
LovelyUdy:
. But I'm suspecting that Tunji guy and for those dogs not to have barked at the sight of the killer means the person is not a stranger to them.

@ the bolded, u took the word outta my mouth. No doubt Tunji is the killer or better put as, he knws smtin abt it. Cos I donno what he wanna achieve by putting the dead woman in the boot of his wife's car.

...still I follow.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by mirob(f): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
Omotola might be the killer, but the killer is not a stranger in that house.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by HelenBee(f): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
If the killer wasn't Tunji he should have been surprised by what Fey told him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by barbienazom(f): 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Dancing atilogwu and screaming at the top of my lungs "she's alive"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by barbienazom(f): 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=skarlett post=50648941]Dedicated to barbienazom, helenbee, mzdarocha, clearboos, beneO and debra01

Thanks hon for the dedication
Now that psych consult with dr Lily brings visions in death to mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by MzDarocha(f): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=skarlett post=50648941]

Awwww..... Just seeing this even after reading the next episode..... Thank you sis..... I heart u very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
My conscience no go let me rest if I no say NICE JOB Skarlett cos I don dey read dis master piece
Truth be told - THIS BAE IS GOOD

Hmm my chest wey dey do me somehow don cool sha grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by coolbreezy01: 12:37am On Nov 03, 2016
Wow happy feyi alive cuz she's just ignorant of watz happening around her...skarlett itz abraadolawal@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 1:32am On Nov 03, 2016
Thanks for dedication Skarlett kiss

You didn't type my name correctly, so I didn't get the mention earlier embarassed

Keep up the good work dear, I cover you like canopy cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Wow, I just saw the dedication.. It's my second dedication!!... Thank you skarr kiss

But this plot is getting hotter oh.. **shaking in fear** embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Wow happy feyi alive cuz she's just ignorant of watz happening around her...skar lett itz abraadolawalea@gmail.com

Sent dear, do confirm receipt
Re: Hearts In Ashes by osleek: 8:33am On Nov 03, 2016
skarlett:
Dedicated to osleek, monalicious, dhanidhamy, adebriana, spdazzy and lovelyudy

Fifteen

Feyi woke up with a start, hands held on her throat, heart beat faster than normal. A sigh of relief surged through her as her hand massaged her slender neck devoid of cuts, stabs or bruises.

Oh my God, it was a dream, just a dream, she thought as she tried to steady her heart. She looked around her dark room with fear and trepidation and her gaze landed on the shadows. She felt a sense of deja’vu as she stared hard at the form that seemed to be a person in her room. She fought the sense of panic and mounting dread that filled her.

“W-who’s there?” she croaked.

The murderer couldn’t stay to watch Feyi battle with her nightmares. There were more pressing things to do and time was running out.

Clinging to shadows, the murderer stalked out of the house that early morning. A steady temper was essential here. Give nothing away. Feyi did not need to die except the circumstances were out of control. She posed no real threat. She was simply an annoyance with her snooty attitude, a spoilt brat who ran to mummy’s arms when she was scared. She was just a pawn in the killer’s hands but then again, pawns could be easily disposed. Until she proved a serious threat, she was still somewhat a necessary nuisance.

The compound was well lit and the dogs prowled the grounds. It was a good thing the killer wasn’t afraid of animals as the two black Labradors came sniffing. Depositing a few treats and caressing their powerful necks, the killer didn’t spend time with the animals but walked confidently to the gate.

The garage was built as an extension of the house and the key was in the small gate room. Musa would soundly be asleep on his bed in the boys quarters. The killer got both keys to the garage and the gate before going to the garage. The door to the garage opened, the killer brought out the keys to the Toyota Camry, keys that had been filched from Feyi’s room.

It would be a few hours before Feyi would need the car but the killer would be done hours before then and back to the house. As for the security men at the estate gate, a few wads of naira and they wouldn’t even remember the face that drove the black Camry out of the estate at 2am.

In a few minutes, Dr. Lily’s apartment came to view. Dawn was fast approaching, there was no more time.

It was a hideous start to her day, Feyi reflected as she drove to work grumpily that morning. Tomiwa had offered more resistance than usual when she dropped him off at the daycare. Blessing would pick him up on her way back from school. He seemed restless just as she had been that morning as she’d lain awake waiting for the break of dawn.

Her nightmare had woken her up and kept her awake hours later. It had turned out that nobody had been in the room and her fear of the shadow had been a figment of her imagination but she hadn’t been able to shake off the feeling of dread that formed a knot at the pit of her stomach. The left side of her face twitched like she had a bad case of tics. If she was more superstitious she’d believe the old wives tale that her twitchiness was an omen; a bad omen. But she knew better than to take stock in myths and superstitions she thought as she nosed her car into the company’s car park.
She needed a workout, she decided. Working off her frayed nerves would do her a world of good. But before then she had to get through the rest of the day and a board meeting. Her conference materials were in the boot, she put it there yesterday afternoon.

She parked her car and went around to the boot. She yanked up the trunk and immediately wished she hadn’t.

“Jesus fuc.king Christ!” she swore and stared at her trunk dumbstruck.

Her body felt leaden; her mouth was dry; her fingers lost its hold on the keys that slid noiselessly from her hands to the floor.

It couldn’t be, it wasn’t possible.

This was another figment of her imagination she thought. If she closed her eyes and opened it, the image would go away just like the shadow in her room had. She closed her eyes and opened it but it was still there, the horror of the image congealing her slim breakfast of toast and coffee in her stomach. She felt sick as she stared at the wide eyes of the bloody body in her boot.

She swallowed her nausea in her throat. Drawing shaky breaths, she bent closer. She saw a pair of lifeless eyes staring at her and jumped back as if punched. Wrinkled skin but pretty and unknown to her.

The woman’s legs were wedged against the wheel hub. Her right hand rested across her chest. The gash in her neck was still dripping and blood was congealed on the woman’s greying hair. Feyi didn’t need the doctor to tell her the woman was dead. If the stab on her neck hadn’t killed her, staying in the boot of the car for what Feyi could guess was hours and being shut away from oxygen would surely kill her.

The rush of adrenaline that shot through Feyi sprung her into action after staring at the woman like she was in a trance. “Oh my God! Security! Security!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs and ran off to the security post.

She grasped the shirt front of one of the security men at the gate like a lunatic, “y-you’ve got to do something! You’ve got to come with me!”

The security man looked at her strangely like she had grown two heads and she realized, he couldn’t do much. She had to get the police, she had to call somebody. She frisked through her jean pockets and brought put her phone. Had she gotten the detective’s number? She didn’t think so, who else could she call? Tunji! Her husband, Tunji would know what to do.

“Hey honey,” he said three rings later.

“Tunji.” She croaked his name, ordered herself not to panic and continued. “There’s a… I found a woman’s body in my boot.”

The security guard gazed at her with open mouth. The line went silent for a few heartbeats and when Feyi thought he had cut the call, his voice cut through her, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine but there’s a…a d-dead woman in my boot,” she repeated. “Call the police.”

“I’ve heard you, where are you now?”

“In the office, I’m standing at the gate. There’s a security guard with me.”

“Good. Stay there Feyi, don’t go back to your car. I’m on my way and I must commend you for holding it down like you’re doing.”

Holding it down? Reaction set in and Feyi felt her knees buckling and soon they gave out. She swooned and the guard held out a steady hand to hold her up. There was a black out behind her eyes.

Tbc
Like, share, criticize

Thanks for mentioning me...keep up the fabulous work wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2016
osleek:

Thanks for mentioning me...keep up the fabulous work wink
Bro abeg no let me tear you slap oo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by coolbreezy01: 9:28am On Nov 03, 2016
Wooow skarlett ...-The story was beautiful and wow...if not for distance or if was the flash I wouldnt mind runnin to where u are to give u a peck....though the pix did not show...#bestbirthdaygift...so the tales of 'osu' is true

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.