Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,131 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (180697 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by iykekelvins(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nice one skar. Also thanks for the dedication.

I'm loving the story, please continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Still I read...

I said i liked Tunji, right? I take it back.. Ion like cold men undecided undecided

Nice one Skarlett

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by EmperorLee(m): 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
Na here the party dey?

The thing wey kari me reach here, I no fit talk am lipsrsealed. Make I just kuma join body enjoy the thread.

Bhet Skarlett, e reach like dat before shocked abi you don add something? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
EmperorLee:
Na here the party dey?

The thing wey kari me reach here, I no fit talk am lipsrsealed. Make I just kuma join body enjoy the thread.

Bhet Skarlett, e reach like dat before shocked abi you don add something? lipsrsealed
heyssss.. Ticket yin dah ogbeni angry

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by EmperorLee(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2016
Lawlahdey:
heyssss.. Ticket yin dah ogbeni angry

Staff ni mi undecided

Make we no derail ooh, before Skarl go change am for uz grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2016
EmperorLee:

Staff ni mi undecided

Make we no derail ooh, before Skarl go change am for uz grin
Oh really shocked... Emobinu cheesy

True embarassed
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 19, 2016
EmperorLee:
Na here the party dey?
Bhet Skarl ett, e reach like dat beforeshocked abi you don add something? lipsrsealed

Welcome sir, i no get @ bolded
Re: Hearts In Ashes by tommynico(m): 12:52am On Oct 19, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Oh really shocked... Emobinu cheesy

True embarassed
Core yo'ba she-demon grin
Omo ilu wo ni o? cheesy
As for you miss skar, u had better dedicate one to me or else i go do you that tn wey hapun for 1983 because e don tey wey i don dey this group.. angry
thanks for the last piece sha.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 19, 2016
tommynico:

Omo ilu wo ni o? cheesy
As for you miss skar, u had better dedicate one to me or else i go do you that tn wey hapun for 1983 because e don tey wey i don dey this group.. angry
E momo deraili threadi yii keh

Omo Ibadan lemi oh cheesy
Re: Hearts In Ashes by tommynico(m): 1:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Lawlahdey:
E momo deraili threadi yii keh

Omo Ibadan lemi oh cheesy
So a beauty like you could come from the brown roof city.. cheesy
Legbe kan sha, mi o deralli n'kankan, mo kan'n se ikilo ni. cool
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 19, 2016
tommynico:

So a beauty like you could come from the brown roof city.. cheesy
Legbe kan sha, mi o deralli n'kankan, mo kan se ikilo ni. cool
Eshey sah
Re: Hearts In Ashes by tommynico(m): 1:19am On Oct 19, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Eshey sah
Ma se'yunu. S'a le bara soro leyin? Oga scarlet u no go vex, i'v jast gat to do the needful.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by MacBrooklyn: 2:27am On Oct 19, 2016
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I don't even know wetin carry me come here by this time of the day but reading those previous updates, I swear wetin carry me come here was really worth the risk cheesy cheesy

I've to create another moniker cos our Oga mynd just dey ban me anyhow embarassed Skarlett sweetie kiss, I must really say you've got a nice piece going on in here and on behalf of my honorable self and I, I hereby declare myself subscribing for future updates cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by MacBrooklyn: 2:32am On Oct 19, 2016
But Skarlett you offend me big time OoO and I won't forgive neither will I forget angry angry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by lumzybo: 4:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Thanks 4 the mention skarlett, I'm glad I dint come in too late. Better late than never though. Keep up the good work ma'am. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 7:15am On Oct 19, 2016
veekid:

Yeye
Sir?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
MacBrooklyn:
But Ska rlett you offend me big time OoO and I won't forgive neither will I forget angry angry

Awwwn, but its not good to bear grudges na embarassed oya stop frowning and smile for Jesus kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 19, 2016
tommynico:

Omo ilu wo ni o? cheesy

Alright sir, dedication coming right up cheesy
Re: Hearts In Ashes by MacBrooklyn: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2016
skarlett:

Awwwn, but its not good to bear grudges na embarassed oya stop frowning and smile for Jesus kiss

OK, my grudges don dissolve before this morning already sef cheesy cheesy

You just keep up the good handiwork, Nothing do you, I cover you like canopy wink cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by johnwizey: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
MacBrooklyn:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I've got myself a new dog, keep on barking Bruh cheesy cheesy wink
Kai!! Dat is too much

ILoveToFuCcK:

cc Seun mynd44 lalasticlala rocktation Rule 19
Your signature is damn funny
Re: Hearts In Ashes by johnwizey: 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
skarlett:

Are you Jesus
Re: Hearts In Ashes by starboyflight(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Skarlett. Have u ever thought of creating your own stuff outside here If I were a writer, I might not give out my content for free.... But thanks anyway! I'm loving this SEUN guy. He sounds like someone familiar
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
johnwizey:
Are you Jesus

tongue you know what I mean wink
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
starboyflight:
Skarl ett. Have u ever thought of creating your own stuff outside here If I were a writer, I might not give out my content for free.... But thanks anyway! I'm loving this SEUN guy. He sounds like someone familiar

Lol, life is in stages. I do have a story for sale on okadabooks tho.

I think you meant, Seyi, thanks
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
MacBrooklyn:

OK, my grudges don dissolve before this morning already sef cheesy cheesy
You just keep up the good handiwork, Nothing do you, I cover you like canopy wink cool

Lol, alright dear

Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by johnwizey: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
skarlett:

tongue you know what I mean wink
I dont knw undecided
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2016
Dedicated to tommynico, emperorlee and macbrooklyn

Five

TWO long annoying weeks later, Feyi sat at the extreme end of the six seat dining table and sizzled inside with grim defiant patience while she waited for Tunji to utter a single word of reproval.

She was wearing a simple-cut cream linen dress today, cinched in at her waist by a span of black elastic. She had bought the Dolce and Gabbana designed dress on her last trip to Milan. This particular outfit had been picked off her wardrobe with only one purpose in mind—to challenge her husband to find anything objectionable about it.

He could frame a thousand criticisms with one sweeping glance from his cold dark eyes. And yesterday’s objection had been aimed at the short black skirt she had worn with a racy plum-coloured silk blouse. His sweeping glance of disapproval had taken in the length of leg she had on show and glittered with ice at the see-through fabric of the blouse even though she wore a matching camisole underneath it. So today she’d covered up in a dress with a hem that finished primly two inches below her knees. And she had made sure to avoid as much mistakes as she could in preparation of dinner. Two nights ago he had thrown a fit at the non-stickiness of the eba and she’d had to remake it.

And she was absolutely certain that he was deliberately making her wait like this to string out the tension by dunking the eba in egusi soup and letting out the grunts that usually heralded a scolding for whatever she had gotten wrong.

Feyi read the flexing tension as yet another display of criticism which threatened to crucify her self-confidence as much as it made her blood start to burn. She wished she could adopt the same physical indifference to him that he dealt out to her but she’d tried and she couldn’t. Even though she hated him she could not stop herself from responding—inwardly, that is—to the pure male animal magnetism that poured out of him in such hot sinful waves. He made her feel breathless and snarled up by self-awareness she neither understood, nor could control.

His indifference to her was all part of the war of attrition he was waging against her, because he hated her for what he’d termed her betrayal. He was never going to forgive her for not standing by him when he needed her to and not telling him about Tomiwa. And despite all she was going through in his house, she was not going to give up and leave him because she had nowhere else to go.

Her parents had threatened to disinherit her if she left Tunji and for the first time in her life, she realized that she had been entirely dependent on her parents. Graduating with a good degree had obviously not made her indispensable to her father as he made it clear he could fire her like any other employee and make finding another job difficult for her. She had to stay for Tomiwa even if it killed her in the process.

Or she killed Tunji Afolabi.

Tunji was wondering if she had a single clue that he could read her thoughts through the back of his head. The trouble with his wife was that she had never learnt the art of masking her feelings and she was too defiant to even want to do so.

Grunting in feigned disapproval, Tunji kept his brooding dark gaze fixed on the expensive China before him as he ate. His attention was focused on the polished dinning table glass, onto which Feyi’s image was stamped like a poorly captured photograph, blurry and dark in the low light. He could not see her distinct features but he could sense the anger that seemed to pour out of her skin pores. He almost thought he could see the smoke from the top of her head.

He chuckled inwardly at the image but hid it underneath a snort. She dropped her fork at that and faced him now. He was forced to look up from his plate.

“What?” he asked.

“Do you want to say something?” she demanded testily.

God, she looked fiercely breathtaking. “No,” he said in the coldest voice he could muster even though it killed him. It killed him more that he saw her shrink further into her shell at his frostiness.

He didn’t particularly enjoy the cold shoulder he’d been giving her in the past two weeks. Maybe it was better that way so she would grow up.

He saw her with his son, the way she was over protective of him even with Blessing around and concluded, he’d been right. She was a good mother. He had since gotten over her betrayal but he couldn’t warm up to her because despite all that happened, she didn’t seem to have changed. She would probably never change.

“My wife was telling me of the punishment you’re making Feyi go through. I understand you are still angry that she hid Tomiwa’s existence from you but you’re not going to change anything by mistreating her,” Chief had said two days before.

Feyi’s father advice hit him in the gut, he was furious. “The last time I checked, I’m still her husband and the head of my house and I can do whatever I like without your intrusion.”

“And in case you’ve also forgotten, I’m her father and I ask, no, I demand…”

Tunji stood up just then, “with all due respect Chief you have absolutely no right to demand anything from me after aiding and abetting her bad behavior. What were you expecting? I’d give her an accolade for not telling me about my son or not standing by me as a wife should?”

Chief was repentant, “its all right Tunji, I understand your anger at how things turned out,” he said and Tunji reclaimed his seat, regarding him warily. “I tried to talk to her to let you know about your son but she wouldn’t hear it. In the end, I had to let her be because it was ultimately her decision.”

“Then you’ll understand Chief that whatever I do as punishment, as you call it, short of abusing her in any way, is also ultimately my decision.”

He had been uncharacteristically harsh to his father-in-law but he needed him to understand he wasn’t his puppet on a string. He owed Chief no special favors but he blamed Feyi immensely.

Finding out that she had gone to her parents to complain about him, chilled him on the inside. She would never learn to be independent of them even as she was married to him. He pushed his plate away as he had suddenly lost his appetite and washed his hands.

“I’m going to bed,” he said.

“B-but you’ve barely even touched your food.”

He barely looked at his almost uneaten food, “So? I’ve lost my appetite. I’m going to bed.”

Feyi was at the brink of tears, “but this is not fair. You make me go through so much trouble yet you never acknowledge or appreciate it.”

“Really princess? What would be the best show of appreciation, should I perhaps prostrate before you in appreciation for a salty soup?” he sneered.

Feyi whirled like he had physically struck her and he couldn’t escape the guilt that weighed heavily on his heart. That had been harsher than he’d intended. But maybe he preferred her like that, angry at him so he could pretend that whatever else he felt for her wasn’t there. Anger he could manage but not the fiery passion of loving her that had engulfed him once upon a time and left him broken when she had chosen her parents over him. He tried to reason within himself but he went to bed with a nagging sense of guilt and her hurt expression.

He didn’t want to be hurt by her again but why did he feel like such an asswipe?

The bloody asswipe, she raged in her room, a few minutes later. He had to find a way to rubbish her efforts and make her feel like thrash.

God, what had she gotten herself into? The Tunji she knew seemed to be long gone and in his place was a stranger she couldn’t recognize. She checked in on Tomiwa who was soundly asleep before going to UnCloth, she was at the brink of tears at the injustice of it all. If he wanted to act cold towards her as punishment thinking it would break her, then he was a poor comedian with an over bloated ego. She would face whatever he threw at her for Tomiwa’s sake. God knows she wouldn’t even still be here but for her son.

Their son, she amended. With the heavy disinterest he regarded Tomiwa he might have as well been a fanciful piece of furniture in his house, just like her.

Her chest ached, what had she done to make him this mad? In times past, she could handle his argument and show of fiery passion, they could talk about issues. But with the iceberg called Tunji Afolabi now, nothing she did ever seemed to get through his cool exterior. He was indifferent to her and it hurt. She could handle his anger at her before because he let it out and she had the conviction, they would always find a ground of compromise. But after he’d left her without looking back, she saw nothing of the passionate Tunji, maybe it would never work between them again.

A small knock on her door drew her out of her reverie and she sat up from the foot of the bed with a jolt. She felt the wetness on her face and touched her cheeks to wipe away the tears she hadn’t felt fall.

She opened the door on the second knock to the man who was the cause of the tears even though she hated to admit it. Why was he here? She refused to let herself hope and hardened her heart in anticipation of his next attack.

“Feyi.”

“Did you forget to say something?” Some organ you forgot to rip out and crush mercilessly?

Christ! she’d been crying and he knew it was all his fault. Despite her defiance and haughtiness, he could still hurt her, the knowledge made him sad rather than pleased.

“I….er, yes. Your father invited us for dinner with some of the high ranking party officials. He came by the office two days ago.”

Her expression didn’t seem to have changed through the guarded mask she wore.

“He says it’s a formal event and he’d want us to be there. Its on Saturday, Blessing would take care of Tomiwa.”

“Okay,” she said simply and stood there as if she was waiting for him to say something else.

I’m sorry, he wanted to say but the words wouldn’t come, instead, he felt a life sized knot form in his throat. He stood for thirty miserable seconds before she spoke.

“I’ve had a long day Tunji, I want to rest.”

“Okay, good night then,” he said.

She muttered and slammed the door in his face. That effectively ended the conversation. He truthfully hadn’t come to tell her of her father’s invitation to dinner, it had only been an excuse to talk to her and maybe apologize. He had paced around his room felling bad at his actions at dinner and wanted to apologize. But one frosty look from her had told him he wouldn’t get away with it so easily. He wasn’t only going to apologize, he was going to show some remorse for his past actions.

Maybe they would talk about the past and eventually get over their differences to what… images of her moaning and writhing in his arms as he thrust into her came unbidden to him. He felt a surge of desire go through him and heat gather up in his crotch.

He was getting turned on only imagining the possibilities of their reconciliation. It had been a while but he was disgusted at himself, Feyi would castrate him gladly in the mood she was in and he was thinking of making love to her. He needed a cold bath, he concluded walking away from her door.

Tbc

22 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 20, 2016
johnwizey:
I dont knw undecided

→_→
Re: Hearts In Ashes by EmperorLee(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2016
Eshe oo Aunty Skarlett grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by shilox(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2016
skarlett:
Roll call:
...Lumzybo
Shilox
Ritababe...

Present Ma!
Darn, I got here so late. Wouldn't know how I'd have forgiven myself if missed out completely. Anyway, as they say, better late than never, I am here.
Good job Skarlett!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.