Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) (38981 Views)

Ukwulu Invasion: Outcry As Fulani Herdsmen Ruin Farmlands In Anambra (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Man Wears A Bulletproof Vest At His Farm In Edo Because Of Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Opharhe: 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
This is serious.
Following.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by sonnie10: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
And some people will come here to say that the story is made up
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Akinwerndey: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
Drama no dey finish fo naija at all... Watching in HD
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by SycophanticGoat: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
daveP:
Well I wish I had the big heart my dad had by first of all initiating a meet.

Would I be wrong if I think this of any of them I meet afterwards? How did yours happen?

When we talk, it's still your people that will come in here and shout us down. Normally, you should have even recorded your dad's conversation with them. Serves as double evidence against them.

I'm glad that these ones even have little regard for human life, else they would have resorted to using weapon on the same people they encroached on their farmland.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Opharhe: 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
daveP:
While we deliberated on taking it up with the police and all, my dad was busy reasoning on challenging them cos he understood their language and commuted with them, especiall one of them that had formal education to SSCE Level. I learnt from the farm manager that because he insisted on going to school, his father's wives, numbering 5 refused to give him his share of the inheritance which was actually quite a fortune. He didn't mind, but the foolishness of the wives was evident in that he was an interpreter and helped with
transporting their produce to the city where it will be bought, else, they'll rot away in the deep farm settlement all to themselves.

Dad got an audience while I went round the farm snapping evidence of the colossal damage the cows did to a month's maize on height. I felt like taking physical action. Well it's about to involve the police.

While they were talking, the old man that owned the cows said he wasn't aware that his sons(the man looked 86 and his eldest son was 17) encroached our farm. He apologized and popc decided to make them pay with mutual interest first. The interpreter's talk got me suspicious and I shifted closer to hear what they will offer.

The old man wanted to offer a meagre 5000 naira for the damage his cows did!!!!

My dad refuse and I interrupted to tell my dad that he better let this peeps pay well for their damage.

They supposed to pay nothing less than 60k but here was the old man, saying 5k!!?

I got angry and told my old man to use negotiating tactics and tell them he'll get to them but refusing the 5k. he stood up to leave and they now in fear, double it to 10k.

Not enough still..... but from what happened yesterday I could deduce that

1) These Fulani herds men had no value for anything not theirs

2) The fear of repercussion makes them do stuff to even the extent of being the agressor.

3) The detest formal education, Western as they call it.

4) They swear a lot

5) The owners of the cows they herd are mostly politicians based mostly in Abuja

Pics follow.

The police will enter the matter by Monday!!

Pavore9, Lalasticlala
I thought there was strict regularisation of grazing activities in Ekiti state? Since you're in Ado-Ekiti, I think it makes this a little easier. Work with officials from Agric. Min alongside the police.
I feel your pain bro. This kind of loss can be really painful. But please be careful.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by mencade5(m): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
Davep make una report to fayose........na him go handle this thing well for una with enough profit. Na ekiti na.....trust ur governor

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
daveP:
More..
contact the Fayose government

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by casttlebarbz(m): 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
hayPizzle:
morafokas
Muhfuka never loved us

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by otokx(m): 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
Next time fence your farm and have a gate. Generally Nigerians have little or no regards for other peoples property or feelings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by otokx(m): 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
BTW this is a civil not a criminal matter, police cannot do much, they will collect small from them since they are uneducated and more from you who are educated then abandon the case.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Eazybay(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
Why are some ppl like "these guys are dangerous just leave dem".. They say d same thing up North, now dey still say it when they're in ur backyard.. We really dey act like caged ppl sha..

6 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by sylviaeo(f): 10:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
just look at how an animal in human skin wasted somebody's effort. I love farming. in fact, I enjoy it. but when its time to enjoy d fruit of ya labour n u c something like this, it puts someone into killing mode. please don't forget to report d bastards to d police...dat is if d police will do their job

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by luminouz(m): 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
delors:
Good. My position is, tell your dad to get the 10k. Buy new seeds and replant. And tell your dad that the herdmen be more watchful so their cows don't enter your land to do more damage especially when they are grazing.
Tell him to do all these in a friendly manner. Those guys, as you hav mentioned, have no formal education, no chill and no remorse. Any misunderstood move from ur dad could be perceived as an act of aggression. I am.not sure your hectares of maize is worth any bloodshed. Those guys could kill if things go out of hand.
And where is your own calculation of #60k coming from? That could be seen as an act if greed. No one would even give you that kind of money, Fulani or not, talk less of these guys. Rethink your position and approach everything with diplomacy, tact and caution.
We don't want to see any news if herdsmen killing people on some farmland in Ado ekiti because of a meagre 'how much'. A word is enough for the wise.

And stop the hatred yourself...why do u sound so hurt and hateful? Is it because they are not your tribe? #SoulSearchingTime
U well so?

11 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by delors(m): 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
luminouz:

U well so?
Smh...mumu...u no fit give any advice on top the matter wey dey ground, na another person comments u dey feast upon.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
doggedemmy:
Nice one! Let them pay for the loss
A friend's father had this same fulani herdsmen issue in a village in Delta State. The cows, numbering over 50 entered into my friend's dad's cassava farm of more than 10 plots. This old man was shedding tears.
Few days latter we started seeing dead bodies of cows around. We no even care, na so we begin collect free meat o grin Later we found out that the deed was carried out by one baddo for the area. The guy sprayed one kind poisonous chemical around a plot of land where the cows normally visit. Naso God take bless our Christmas and new year that year. Fulani guys self run...
They fear the unseen. I guess this didn't raise their suspicion cos they see their cows die often, but they don't have a sixth sense to think why. Education is a big Gulf btw us and them

I'm imagining your teeth gritting at too much of chewing

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
peeparty:
Davep bros tell your popsy make e forget am oo.. This guys might come back to do worst #your life is @stake here.

Revenge is not always the solution,geting them to pay wouldn't solve anything instead it a trap.
Well, I even didn't like the idea of dialogue initially, but it was going good till the old man said that unreasonable compensation.

tell me why. do share!
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by luminouz(m): 11:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
delors:

Smh...mumu...u no fit give any advice on top the matter wey dey ground, na another person comments u dey feast upon.
Smh..Ode! Wetin consign Ur ass! E PAIN AM!
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by bbjummy: 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
peeparty:
Davep bros tell your popsy make e forget am oo.. This guys might come back to do worst #your life is @stake here.

Revenge is not always the solution,geting them to pay wouldn't solve anything instead it a trap.
This boss actually said the bitter TRUTH @OP. If you live on the Plateau you surely will understand what he is talking about. You trash a Fulani, overnight everyone in that family will be dead. They are heartless and useless set of people. The live of their useless cattle matters to them than that of any human being. They never FORGIVE neither do they FORGET. Even in centuries, they will wipe away any person's family that stands AGAINST them. I can write a book on this HOOLIGANS!!

3 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
delors:
Good. My position is, tell your dad to get the 10k. Buy new seeds and replant. And tell your dad that the herdmen be more watchful so their cows don't enter your land to do more damage especially when they are grazing.
Tell him to do all these in a friendly manner. Those guys, as you hav mentioned, have no formal education, no chill and no remorse. Any misunderstood move from ur dad could be perceived as an act of aggression. I am.not sure your hectares of maize is worth any bloodshed. Those guys could kill if things go out of hand.
And where is your own calculation of #60k coming from? That could be seen as an act if greed. No one would even give you that kind of money, Fulani or not, talk less of these guys. Rethink your position and approach everything with diplomacy, tact and caution.
We don't want to see any news if herdsmen killing people on some farmland in Ado ekiti because of a meagre 'how much'. A word is enough for the wise.

And stop the hatred yourself...why do u sound so hurt and hateful? Is it because they are not your tribe? #SoulSearchingTime
Don't take it that way atall.

I have records of all cash spent, Labor inclusive and the spraying cost.

their own interpreter said the harvest of one plot alone brought him 30k by selling to peeps in Ado-ekiti.

The area they ate is more than that and even that 60k mentioned is just not it. what do I Wana gain from greed when stats and figures are there?

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
Opharhe:
I thought there was strict regularisation of grazing activities in Ekiti state? Since you're in Ado-Ekiti, I think it makes this a little easier. Work with officials from Agric. Min alongside the police.
I feel your pain bro. This kind of loss can be really painful. But please be careful.

Well Min. of Agric in Ado... they aren't reliable fellas. I can beat my chest and say it non front of them. All they care about is the cash that comes in from renting of tractors for peeps interested in farming. Even this police stuff now, I don't feel it will help.

mencade5:
Davep make una report to fayose........na him go handle this thing well for una with enough profit. Na ekiti na.....trust ur governor
Still working on this actually. He'll be mad if he hears this.

bbjummy:

This boss actually said the better TRUTH @OP. If you live on the Plateau you surely will understand what he is talking about. You trash a Fulani, overnight everyone in that family will be dead. They are heartless and useless set of people. The live of their useless cattle matters to them than that of any human being. They never FORGIVE neither do they FORGET. Even in centuries, they will wipe away any person's family that stands AGAINST them. I can write a book on this HOOLIGANS!!

Hmm. The degree of violence shown from them, i already know, but as much as I Wana avoid the physical, they don't even have able bodied boys to stage it
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Sanchez01: 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
Sorry about the loss, DaveP. I'd suggest you guys find a way to make this get to the hearing of the governor, knowing how well he relates with the people and his stance on Fulani Herdsmen I'm the state.

And since the anti-grazing bill has been signed into law in the state, it's so much better involving the police. For those advising you ask your dad to get the 10k, kindly ignore them. What happens when they come again, would you also collect another 10k?

Besides, while 10k might cover for seeds, would it as well cover energies lost? Please escalate the issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by fineboynl(m): 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
and yet the government keep talking about agriculture. agro this and agro that and they body odour or language is saying another.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
Sanchez01:
Sorry about the loss, Dave. I'd suggest you guys find a way to make this get to the hearing of the governor, knowing how well he relates with the people and his stance on Fulani Herdsmen I'm the state.

And since the anti-grazing bill has been signed into law in the state, it's so much better involving the police. For those advising you ask your dad to get the 10k, kindly ignore them. What happens when they come again, would you also collect another 10k?

Besides, while 10k might cover for seeds, would it as well cover energies lost? Please escalate the issue.
@ delors, this is just what you should have though before goin that direction. Why would I hate? whose ox is goad here. Besides put yourself in my shoes before you conclude..

Sanchez it seems the Governor 's desk is the next step. Thanks
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
otokx:
Next time fence your farm and have a gate. Generally Nigerians have little or no regards for other peoples property or feelings.
Oga, fencing and gate? omg

We can do wire fencing perhaps, but out of hundreds of farmlands at Orin, that would make us the nd to do so. The cows have passed thru lots of land and didn't touch naffin.

The land rental is for a year besides.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Sanchez01: 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
daveP:
@ delors, this is just what you should have though before goin that direction. Why would I hate? whose ox is goad here. Besides put yourself in my shoes before you conclude..

Sanchez it seems the Governor 's desk is the next step. Thanks
Should the governor's desk take too long to reach, here are a few steps which might get his attention;

1. Take it to twitter tomorrow. Rant and mention as many handles as you can in series of posts, giving enough details.
2. Do the same on Facebook with pictorial evidences.
3. Copy the link forum here and paste on other platforms.

Then start finding your way to the governor's desk. Trust me, he'll reach you before reaching him.

PS: If the Ekiti state government have official handles on either or both Facebook or and Twitter, exploit these means.

3 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Danyayebs: 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
doggedemmy:
Nice one! Let them pay for the loss
A friend's father had this same fulani herdsmen issue in a village in Delta State. The cows, numbering over 50 entered into my friend's dad's cassava farm of more than 10 plots. This old man was shedding tears.
Few days latter we started seeing dead bodies of cows around. We no even carelmao, na so we begin collect free meat o grin Later we found out that the deed was carried out by one baddo for the area. The guy sprayed one kind poisonous chemical around a plot of land where the cows normally visit. Naso God take bless our Christmas and new year that year. Fulani guys self run...
lmao hahaha
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Danyayebs: 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
bbjummy:

This boss actually said the bitter TRUTH @OP. If you live on the Plateau you surely will understand what he is talking about. You trash a Fulani, overnight everyone in that family will be dead. They are heartless and useless set of people. The live of their useless cattle matters to them than that of any human being. They never FORGIVE neither do they FORGET. Even in centuries, they will wipe away any person's family that stands AGAINST them. I can write a book on this HOOLIGANS!!
I stay in venue I understand I was suprise that the Fulani men did not fight when he said they complained in venue in a village here a cow entered a womans farm she just took a small stone and pursued it away thinking that was all the few mins later the community said the heard gunshots the next day the whole people in that vilage ran away so this pole are nit to be joked with man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Danyayebs: 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
bbjummy:

I stay in BENUESTATE I understand I was suprise that tHe Fulani men did not fight when he said they complained in Benue in a village here a cow entered a womans farm she just took a small stone and pursued it away thinking that was all the few mins later the community said the heard gunshots the next day the whole people in that vilage ran away so this pple are not to be joked with man
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by slysteel: 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
You are in ekiti and yet complaining,get a petition across to the state govt by Monday and don't go there again without a pump action or police,they prefer to slaughter people before you report them to the police,don't allow them gp free,Fulani people are simply evil.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

Should the governor's desk take too long to reach, here are a few steps which might get his attention;

1. Take it to twitter tomorrow. Rant and mention as many handles as you can in series of posts, giving enough details.
2. Do the same on Facebook with pictorial evidences.
3. Copy the link forum here and paste on other platforms.

Then start finding your way to the governor's desk. Trust me, he'll reach you before reaching him.

PS: If the Ekiti state government have official handles on either or both Facebook or and Twitter, exploit these means.

Well I think popc will have a way. Relatives can help reach faster.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. / Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly / Daily Price Of Foodstuff And Commodities Uploaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.