Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread (2583 Views)

Career As Physiotherapist / Who Is A Physiotherapist? / Doctors, Pharmacist, Physiotherapist And Orthopaedic Nurses Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
;DIf you have any questions as regards your health, hypertension, constipation, injuries, fracture, dislocation, name it, this is a free consultation thread for you.

Oya Nairalanders

Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
FindAPhysio:
;DIf you have any questions as regards your health, hypertension, constipation, injuries, fracture, dislocation, name it, this is a free consultation thread for you.

Oya Nairalanders
Please, when I seat most times, my knees begin to ache.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
How long has this been happening?
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 5:39am On Oct 15, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Please, when I seat most times, my knees begin to ache.
how long has this been happening?
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
FindAPhysio:
how long has this been happening?

Can't pin it actually....but I'd say 3 years
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Can't pin it actually....but I'd say 3 years
wow...that's a long time. First and foremost, I will advise that you place your legs on a platform (stool, pillow, etc) to relax it and take of the load on the knee.

Secondly, since it has taken this long, it has become a "chronic" ache. Have a proper knee examination to identify which structures are causing the ache while sitting because I suppose you can't always be placing platforms under your legs all the time.

When the knees start having issues, a lot of factors are considered, history of trauma (sports injury, falls or a mis-step), a problem in the hip or waist that doesn't manifest can also cause referred problems in the knees.

If you like, I can ask the nearest physiotherapist to you to give you a free thorough examination of your knees.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
FindAPhysio:
wow...that's a long time. First and foremost, I will advise that you place your legs on a platform (stool, pillow, etc) to relax it and take of the load on the knee.

Secondly, since it has taken this long, it has become a "chronic" ache. Have a proper knee examination to identify which structures are causing the ache while sitting because I suppose you can't always be placing platforms under your legs all the time.

When the knees start having issues, a lot of factors are considered, history of trauma (sports injury, falls or a mis-step), a problem in the hip or waist that doesn't manifest can also cause referred problems in the knees.

If you like, I can ask the nearest physiotherapist to you to give you a free thorough examination of your knees.

Thanks.
If it's free, why not.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by Adiahabasi: 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by Princepri(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
FindAPhysio:

Oya Nairalanders
why do I feel depressed; detach from people unmotivated to do the things I love, annoyed And bitter, and loss of memory.
this has been happening for quite sometime
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
Princepri:

why do I feel depressed; detach from people unmotivated to do the things I love, annoyed And bitter, and loss of memory.
this has been happening for quite sometime
this might be the result of hopelessness. Probably you've been trying to get something and every time you try you don't succeed in it. It might be that you are tired of the things happening in your life. It might also be the result of a worrisome incidence that happened in your life.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Thanks.
If it's free, why not.
you can inbox me your location and number and I will have the nearest physiotherapist to you give you a thorough examination.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by oxypress: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
mignone:
hello! dunno if I can chat u up privately.
I had a RTA smtime bk&d effects still lingering despite the many consultations &all. dunno if u can be of any help. i av actually kinda laid it(hospital visits) to rest to continue management bt one can't tell @times who/what wld help.
thank u

The nature of the complaints, please describe.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by dfos2k(m): 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
Please I've been having joint pains and inflammation ( shoulder fingers, knees,neck etc) as for my left knee i popped it in 2013( nysc things) so it's been a stop-start thing ever since. Wheni squat my knees sound like crackers biscuits grin lol.Please what medication / treatment do you recommend. Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks am in PH.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by oxypress: 1:54am On Oct 23, 2016
@mignone
If nothing works try hyperbaric oxygen therapy ( hbot ).
Sportsmen with similar injury are using it. HBOT
improves blood supply in that area and enables proper
healing to take place.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 4:47am On Oct 23, 2016
oxypress:
@mignone If nothing works try hyperbaric oxygen therapy ( hbot ). Sportsmen with similar injury are using it. HBOT improves blood supply in that area and enables proper healing to take place.
many thanks; God bless u
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
mignone:

many thanks; God bless u
hello Mignone. Nice to meet you. I am a Physiotherapist by profession and practice. And I opened this thread. No multiple usernames.....just this one username. Am sorry...I might not be online all hours all day but I definitely respond.

Now to your question, yes I can be of help

When you had RTA and was receiving treatments in the hospital. What did the doctors diagnose you? Let's begin from here; what treatments were you receiving at the hospital before you stopped too?
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 10:40am On Oct 23, 2016
oxypress:
@mignone
If nothing works try hyperbaric oxygen therapy ( hbot ).
Sportsmen with similar injury are using it. HBOT
improves blood supply in that area and enables proper
healing to take place.
hello oxypress, are you a physiotherapist?

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has its indication for use and before you can know who or what is indicated for it, you ought to know the brief history and follow-up treatments of any condition a person is presenting with.

Thank you.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2016
dfos2k:
Please I've been having joint pains and inflammation ( shoulder fingers, knees,neck etc) as for my left knee i popped it in 2013( nysc things) so it's been a stop-start thing ever since. Wheni squat my knees sound like crackers biscuits grin lol.Please what medication / treatment do you recommend. Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks am in PH.
hello dfos2k, nice to meet you.

Let's begin with your knees, was it a dislocation you had in 2013 (NYSC thing- was it from sports, I mean the injury)?
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
mignone:

thank u very much
it's d sij &left part of thoracic region.been on skin traction wif weight twice, wore splint for a while, physiotherapy sessions &currently using a lumbar corset
thanks one again
am sure the doctor asked you to do an x-ray, did the x-ray rule out fracture or dislocation of your sij and rib cage? For RTA, this is always a diagnostic tool. I need to know so that I can proceed.

Secondly, what physiotherapy treatments were you receiving specifically? So that I can know what's working for you and what's not or what wasn't included in your management
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
[...

1 Like

Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
If you had dislocation of the sij, it means the doctors would have reduced it, that is, relocated it back to its original position. You been on lumbar corset might indicate that you have unstable back from maybe a disc prolapse.

Now solutions, first and foremost, since your sij dislocation has been relocated back, you ought to commence strengthening exercises for the muscles that stabilize your sij. Once these muscles are doing their jobs through these exercises, pain felt at the sij would become history.

Secondly, for the lumbar roll and lumbar corset which you are using which I told you is to stabilize your unstable back, these are only temporary measures to perform the jobs of the tiny spinal muscles that support your back, making it stable. Back stabilization exercises ought to have been commenced for you so that you can do away with the corset.

Moreso, the lumbar roll you use to support your back when sitting down is to help correct and maintain a right sitting position. Most of us sit wrongly and its harmful for the back in a long term but for someone like you who already has issues with your back. I advise you continue to use your lumbar roll to maintain good sitting posture. I use lumbar roll when sitting because the chairs we have in Nigeria doesn't support our back and I don't want to have back problems in the long term.

Finally, when the strengthening exercises for your sij and back stabilization exercises commence and completed, you will be able to do all the things you complain you can't do anymore
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by mignone(f): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2016
FindAPhysio:
If you had dislocation of the sij, it means the doctors would have reduced it, that is, relocated it back to its original position.Once these muscles are doing their jobs through these exercises, pain felt at the sij would become history.

you will be able to do all the things you complain you can't do anymore
oooh my! m so sorry i'm just seeing this. kept looking out for a mention without coming bk to the thread.
i'm indeed grateful for your patience &help; God bless u immensely. would u pls guide me on the strengthening & stabilization exercises for d sij and back or can i get it right from google.
thank you once again.
modified
thank u very much; I got some very helpful YouTube videos.m more than grateful; may God reward u for ur selfless service.

1 Like

Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
You are very much welcomed Mignone
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by golden777: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello, so glad to stumble upon this thread. My son had erb palsy at birth, he is now 3 mths. Though we are still on theraphy since his birth, he has gradully started lifting his arm at 2 mths but his fingers are not responding yet. I just need a second opinion since the govt hospital we are attending are not giving us enough attention cos they are short staffed n lack equipment. Worried mum.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by Devinediagnos: 8:58am On Nov 28, 2016
Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound Training

BASIC AND ADVANCED ULTRASOUND TRAINING

OBSTETRICS

Transabdomnal Ultrasound
Transvaginal Ultrasound
3D/4D Sonography

GYNAECOLOGY;

Transabdominal ultrasound
Transvaginal ultrasound
Sonohysterography ultrasound

ABDOMINAL;

Urological (kidney and prostate) ultrasound
Hepatobiliary (liver and biliary tract) ultrasound
Gastrointestinal ultrasound

SMALL PARTS;

Breast ultrasound
Testicular ultrasound
Thyroid ultrasound

VERY INTENSIVE TRAINING; MODALITIES

CORPORATE TRAINING;

Very convenient for the client as work schedule need only to be slightly adjusted.
Higher chance of hands-on experience with patients and staff.
Can be tailored to the absolute convenience of the patient

This take place at client’s health facility anywhere in Nigeria..
Obstetrics ultrasound 70,000naira.
Gynecologic ultrasound 60,000naira.
Abdominal ultrasound including prostate 70, 000naira.
Obstetrics & gynecology ultrasound only 120, 000naira per trainee.
Obstetrics, gynecology and abdomen 180,000per trainee.
Minimum of three trainees is required for us to travel to your centre for corporate training.
Progressively heavy discount from three trainees from same health facility.

BATCH TRAINING;

This take place at our premises or any training center of our choice.
Each package is 10% cheaper than the corresponding package in the corporate modality
Obstetrics take 3days, gynecology 2days and abdominal 2days.
Each day consists of two sessions; 9am to 12midday and 1pm to 4pm with break in-between.
Trainees have to join batches to be trained together and had to wait till announced date of training or when the minimum required number of attendees had been met.
Hands-on training is minimal.
Cannot be tailored to client’s schedule.
Training in Ultrasound specialties of transvaginal, breast, thyroid and testis is for one day each, costing 30,000naira each or 90,000naira for one trainee taking all four.

ULTRASOUND TRAINING PACKAGE INCLUDES;

SIMPLE, CONCISE BUT VERY COMPREHENSIVE TEXT OF MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC ULTRASOUND OF THE CORRESPONDING COURSE.
FIRST CLASS FACE-TO-FACE TRAINING WITH VISUALS.
ULTRASOUND PROTOCOL OF THE COURSE.
WELL ANNOTATED EXCEPTIONALLY RICH SONOATLAS OF THE COURSE.
PRICELESS TREATISE ON THE SETTING UP, PROFITABLE AND PROFESSIONAL RUNNING OF AN EXCELLENT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS PRACTICE.
HANDS –ON EXPERIENCE IF REQUIRED.
A CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE

CALL US;

+234(0)903 238 7828
+234(0)805 541 8923
+234(0)807 466 1723
+234(0)08168529179

YOU CAN VISIT OUR OFFICE AT; Block A, SUITE 27, 2ND Floor, Alausa Shopping Mall,Obafemi Awolowo Way,Ikeja,Lagos,Nigeria

Phone:+2348074661723
Email: info@devinediagnostics.com, devinediagnostics@yahoo.com
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2016
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
golden777:
Hello, so glad to stumble upon this thread. My son had erb palsy at birth, he is now 3 mths. Though we are still on theraphy since his birth, he has gradully started lifting his arm at 2 mths but his fingers are not responding yet. I just need a second opinion since the govt hospital we are attending are not giving us enough attention cos they are short staffed n lack equipment. Worried mum.
for Erb's palsy, no equipment is needed as such, just the sound clinical skills and experience of a paediatric physiotherapist. Can you tell me specifically what the current physiotherapist is doing for your child? Just explain it in your own terms and I will understand. Sorry I'm replying this late, had my hands full.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
Generals03:
hello General

(1) (2) (Reply)

Makeup And Health / See What You Would Look Like If You Lost Or Gain Some Weight: / Early Morning Sex Is Beneficial To Health, Says Professor Of Biochemist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.