Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Bruising Experience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Bruising Experience (457 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Bruising Experience by mused: 5:34am On Oct 15, 2016
( A short new prose from me )

My bruising experience:
A ripping heart is a home for love. My drunken brute dad, whips me with the word " I am fortunate", and he beats me more, with the word " Go away".
I was in the buff, when the light was off. Ran out of the shadeless loo, outside our house through its rickety door, panting high and low, papa has locked the door, banged papa's door, banged it, and banged it,
He wouldn't answer me, I screamed papa times I could no longer count, papa, slept there like a log. But, papa wasn't long asleep, the papa I know, sleeps like a kitten,but, why is he like this tonight ? I was muttering this, when three hefty men, approached me, I was dumb struck and as well petrified, I couldn't utter a word,till I found was bundled to an uncompleted building,
I was slapped severally, my head was spanked severally too, my eye ball was swollen and my voice turned to whisper, and I was raped , at 16, I was raped out of my innocence.
I was left behind, I bore the cross, crawling and as well dripping in blood; my head was a load, the beams of my head, intestine,my heart,and my heart, was just not tending to each other's complaint.
Should I talk about my red eyes, or the swollen part of my head and face?
A lot was left for me to handle, a lot was there for me as a burden. I was even thinking of asking them, to bundle me back to where they picked me, but, there was a guardian angel, in me that chuckled......"I think today is your last day on heart", this kept ringing repeatedly, so I couldn't call them back.
Fortunately, I crawled back home, gushing in blood, laid on the bare floor, in front of our house, reminiscing, thinking hard, without a tear on my face. Rape! Rape! Rape! My head! I was raped! Awero, you were raped by three men! I am done for!
This act "rape" is a bugaboo in our small village, and its also a cast down on maidens; that anyone, who is a victim of this act, would journey in exile.
¤ " When a cock crows, it hatches and nails a new dawn.
I was still dead asleep, more drunk than my dad. Papa is now out of his right senses, he already had slammed my door, and found my room empty, and yes! This was papa's right time of horror. He was roaring my name from my room, to the outside door, until he found me, laying down like a baby in its cot. Awero! Awero! Awero! He yelled thrice, sir.. sir... Sir..., bucked out of the floor, with my nose all bunged up and as well I was sniffing and sneezing.
What is your problem Awero? He asked..
Papa, I am sorry.
I asked a question a from you!
Papa, I am sorry. I replied again.
What is wrong with your dress?
Looking down too,My scorched yellow "Buba"
And my burnt umber wrapper, drenched in blood, and my one legged flip flop, I luckily found last night,was all in me.
I say what is wrong with your dress Awero! He yelled again.
Papa, I .... I was...
Cmon speak out! He roared again.
Papa, I have failed you and those promises I made. Papa, I am sorry for everything, just kill me, please papa just kill me.
Will you speak or else.....
Pa....pa.... Bubbling in tears; I ... Was ..was..Raped yesterday, I knocked your door,but you wouldn't save me from those men.
What! Men! Mogbe! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Yesterday? Modaran!
Let's enter the house first, he said and I followed him.
To be continued
Copyright Reserved. Written by Mused...2016©

(1) (Reply)

Sefi Attah Sets To Launch Book Soon / Public Alert: Piracy Of My Political Book By Google Sites / Mr Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.