Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone (70554 Views)

Fish With Human-Like Teeth Caught In Malaysia (Photos) / Sloth Caught In My School Today / Big Fish Caught In Warri Beach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by priphil(m): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
bros look well naa, no be dollar, its 4.2 million shillings...look well

But cum to think of it oh..

Even with the naira depreciation, it still has 300% value against cheesy

Infact!! I decree and declare.....

Make i hol my tong
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by iWing1(m): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
madridguy:
Abami Eja.
You're so funny.
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by MONITZ: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
holluwai:
What stupid title is this self?

That should tell u how obsessed people re with the iPhone 7,some folks now sleep and think of it only so much that it looks like it is the only thing they re living for,some re even ready to sell their parents, destinies, and anything they ve just to possess one, the world has grown too materialistic and it's a problem.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by MONITZ: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
sharpchap:
Looks like a Nile perch
U appear versed,u know Wat I mean na....
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by grandstar(m): 12:56am On Oct 16, 2016
Adaahjacob:
thats the fish that swallowed Jonah.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by igebolagbe: 1:53am On Oct 16, 2016
that fish must weigth 500 pounds. but also check this out https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4WHP5E/ref=as_li_tl
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by igebolagbe: 1:54am On Oct 16, 2016
what a big fish
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by igebolagbe: 1:55am On Oct 16, 2016
check out this big fish alsohttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4WHP5E/ref=as_li_tl
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by igebolagbe: 1:56am On Oct 16, 2016
i love this big fish like this one. check it out https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4WHP5E/ref=as_li_tl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by ClassCaptain(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2016
hmm!
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by PINES: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
There is an ongoing heated debate online concerning the "outrageous" price of a massive fish was which was caught by fishermen recently at Ggaba Landing site in Uganda. According to a report, the fish which weighed 205Kgs was sold at Shs4.2 million (over $1200 i.e nearly N500,000).

But the price tag did not go down well with online users who are currently debating on the trending photos -with most saying the price should be Shs2.4 million (which is nearly $700 i.e N300,000). Whatever the actual price is, it still costs more than the new iPhone 7 which costs nearly $700.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/see-massive-fish-caught-that-is-more.html
hmm
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by bennymark(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2016
His it a ordinary fish or a mamy water?
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by cyber5(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lalasticalala
pepper soup don ready ooo cheesy
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by MtuMsuper: 3:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
ceejay4real:
Is the fish tasty? That's the most important thing. And how feasible is it for us to farm it in our lakes here like the Kainji and Oguta lakes for instance. I'm just curious and also anxious to improve the diet of millions of Nigerians! Pls the fish farming experts in the house, provide us with answers.

Thank you!
I would start by saying that alot of people like myself (and i looove fish to no end) dislike the smell of it. I don't find it tasty.
This fish was introduced by a well meaning, but ultimately thoughtless, British colonial fisheries officer into lake Victoria in East Africa in 1959. It went on to cause the extinction or near extinction of several endemic cichlid species and the severe depletion of the Lake's sweetest occupant - the Nile Tilapia. Its considered one of the world's greatest invasive species up there along with the water hyacinth (also introduced by a careless oyinbo into lake Victoria and is now ravaging the lake..... chaiii oyinbo has made us suffer ) .

So NOOO please don't introduce it to any water body in Nigeria, you will regret.
Re: Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone by cyber5(m): 2:36am On Feb 17, 2017
Sijo01:
N500k for fish? Hia, will the buyer not go hungry again after eating the fish?

Your signature caught my attention.

Merchant of Venice

One of my favourite literature text

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snake Seen Trying To Mate With Garden Hose After Mistaking It For Another Snake / 10.5ft Python Caught In A Farm, Near A Fish Pond (Photos) / Big Snake Terrorizing Kirikiri Residents At Night In Lagos Finally Killed.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.