Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Assembled CPU Vs Branded CPU - What To Go For, Expert Advice Needed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Assembled CPU Vs Branded CPU - What To Go For, Expert Advice Needed (1003 Views)

SOLD! SOLD!! SUPER MINT DELL G7 17.3" RTX 2060, 32GB RAM, 9TH GEN CPU / LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK CPU COOLER AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT P.CGetz LTD (pics) / Lion Laptop Assembled @university Of Nigeria, Nsuka (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Assembled CPU Vs Branded CPU - What To Go For, Expert Advice Needed by domack99(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2016
Am shopping for a home desktop and I need a good desktop that can be use for AutoCAD, high graphics game and good speed as well and moderate price.

I learnt that assembled one will be cheaper but they always have issue with component compatibility as the various hardware component are put together from various manufacturers.

I need expert advice
Re: Assembled CPU Vs Branded CPU - What To Go For, Expert Advice Needed by Rolland926: 9:13am On Oct 17, 2016
domack99:
Am shopping for a home desktop and I need a good desktop that can be use for AutoCAD, high graphics game and good speed as well and moderate price.

I learnt that assembled one will be cheaper but they always have issue with component compatibility as the various hardware component are put together from various manufacturers.

I need expert advice

The problem has always been with the engineer assembling the system. They try to get the low end parts for the job to make more money for themselves.

When you are buying a motherboard for example that should take a Core i5, quad core processor and a dual channel memory configuration, because the chipset of that motherboard is compatible with a dual core processor and the processor slot is also compatible with the dual core processor, they will buy the dual core processor for you.

This also goes with so many other components of the computer. Like the RAM. If they are meant to buy a PC3-12800 for example in a dual channel memory configuration and populate the memory slots with it, they will buy a PC3-10600 and mix them up. These things affect the performance of the system very much when you are carrying out high intensive graphics operation.

If you can spend money building a system to your specification, i will advice that otherwise go for a preconfigured system.

I have an HP xw6600 high end workstation for sale with the following specification.

2 x Intel Xeon E5410 Quad-Core Cpu with 12mb cache ( 8 CPUs 2.33ghz each)
* Supports Virtualization. You can run guest virtual machines on the host machine.
* Supports Sata Hardware RAID 0,1,5 (Integrated) in the event of hard drive failure
* Powerful Nvidia Quadro FX for 3D animation and modelling
* 8gb Ram. Max RAM that can be installed 64GB
* 320GB Hard drive. Max Hard drive storage that can be installed 3TB.
* Windows OS
* Powerful Power supply
* Fantastic Cooling System

You can call me if interested. 08026623555

(1) (Reply)

1 Terabytes Hard Disc / Hp Folio Corei5 / Use Mac Pro 2015 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.