Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes (463 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes by jonbellion(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
Evolution. When Charles Darwin wrote the origin of species back in 1859, the way we look at biology was forever altered. Till now the debate continues though not as frequently than before. Basically most scientists accept this happened the evidence is there to see. There are are also theistic evolutionist scientists who say it happened but God guided the process. I'm actually indifferent towards religion but its strange when I see creationists argue against something they don't understand. So.i wrote this thread to show proofs evolution happened
Well the one that really made me believe wasn't actually evolution itself ur was the theory of plate tectonics. If yo look at the continents of Africa and south America you'd find out thru fit like a jigsaw puzzle. Another amazing thing is that there are matching fossils on each side of the continents where the continents split. Satellites have also observed the drift and it's goes further about few centimetres a year. Another thing is radiometric dating how it works is that there is cuz of carbon-14 there is a semi constant ratio of this in the atmosphere scientists deduct the half life which is 5370 years and since all living things have carbon they can use it to deduce the age of the fossil by looking at how much carbon-14 is left. But now they commonly use uranium-235 which has a longer half life so that's easier to calculate. You never see a creationist paleantologist(except for Louis Agassiz) he died before carbon dating was discovered btw if there's any other one nobody can take then seriously Another thing is genetics. All life on earth uses a three letter code to produce 20 standard amino acids. That tells us that all life on earth has common descent. We have 1-4% DNA of Neanderthals an extinct species of hominid,The bat’s wing, seal’s flipper, cat’s paw, and human hand all have the same bones and muscles because they all share a common ancestor. For example, giraffes have the same number of neck vertebrae as humans, seven. It's honestly fascinating. Even in embryology all life in an embryo start similarly. All humans take in the characteristics of their ancestral species at first. Creationists say this is a lie but it's not. We all grow hair called lanugo but it is replaced with our vellus hairs later doing the end of pregnancy. We all grow gill arches, a tail, eyes on the sides of the head, a tube-shaped heart, and ear-bones in the jaw during development, all of which vanish in later development. Another thing is avatisms gill arches, a tail, eyes on the sides of the head, a tube-shaped heart, and ear-bones in the jaw during development, all of which vanish in later development. These are not random mutations cuz they don't show any form of harm. Even the worlds hairest dude is basically really hairy like apelike hairy. Another thing is islands. You find animals in islands that you don't find any anywhere else on earth. We would expect this from islands animals are left to evolve in different ways. We have seen a lot of transitional fossils since fossils don't occur regularly we can't see them all one of the most renowned is the archaeopteryx and the only fossil which was a hoax was piltdown man which was exposed by the same evolutionists not creationists. Another thing is human skin colour. Humans rely on sunlight to generate vitamin D. As humans migrated north, they recieved less sunlight; therefore, natural selection favored lighter skin that produced more vitamin D in response to sunlight.btw we weren't able to drink milk before but we are now that's an example of convergent evolution. We have vestigial organs a very good example is the appendix and cocyx. The cocyx served at a tailbone before. Another thing is flightless birds mist flightless birds live in isolated enviroments without mammals or reptiles so they lost the ability to fly and their wings are vestigial organs. Speaking of vestigial things lets move to reflexes From birth until five or six months of age, human infants will instinctually grasp things that brush their palms. This is a vestigial reflex from our primate ancestors who had fur to which infants could cling. humans have produced a wide variety of dogs in many shapes and sizes by selecting for traits in just 10,000 years. There are actually a lot another thing us marsupial animals the Noahs ark story will make no sense to you if you know about marsupial animals that have pouches. They are mostly found in Australia except for possums in America. How would marsupials have come and gone back to Australia from mount ararat and we won't see any fossils along the way. Evolutionists say they mustb have lived in North America before a few mist have migrated to Australia through Antarctica and they were right cuz when they checked Antarctica they found marsupial fossils. They were separated by continental drift. There are a lot of compelling evidence that you can't overlook. Sadly macroevolution isn't fast enough to happen in our lifetime but small changes get bigger over time. Read about the Darwin finches in the Galapagos island. Evolution is like forensic science. You weren't there but the traces of evidence would lead to to the scene. I reccomend evolution for dummies. It's not like dummies dummies that's the name of the book series I have a lot of them from calculus to c++ you can also check out why evolution is true by jerry Coyne the greatest show on earth by Richard Dawkins( the book not the show) and the classic on the origin of species by Charles Darwin. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes by Godstraight(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
you are wasting ur time these dumb creationist will never Listin

2 Likes

Re: The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes by jonbellion(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
Godgay:
you are wasting these dumb creationist will never Listin
it won't hurt to try. Thing evidence is do compelling I don't think they've read about it that's why they don't know
Re: The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes by EyeHateGod: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
Guy u Really don't Need to Teach anything about evolution Cause it's a Fact if Creationist Don't Know Google.com Let them go And Die! And am still waiting for the Creationist that would debunk it And win a Noble price Abi?

1 Like

Re: The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes by donnffd(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
Bro, i know you are trying to be helpful, both a theist who has his or her mind made up on evolution wont be swayed by this. The best is to let them wallow in their ignorance.
Re: The Existance Of God Or Gods. Can't Really Say. Evidence Of Evolution Yes by Godstraight(m): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
jonbellion:
it won't hurt to try. Thing evidence is do compelling I don't think they've read about it that's why they don't know
my brother the educational system the problem many of them grew up not knowing evolution unlike people in developed countries

(1) (Reply)

Christian house churches in Pakistan ordered to shut down / Where Is T.B Joshua? / How I Miraculously Escaped A Possible Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.