Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports (676 Views)

Getting Rid Of A Nigerian Accent. Help, Advice? / How Can I Get Rid Of Tribal Mark On My Face. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
Over a year back, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda established a tripartite agreement meant to promote inter-state travels among the three countries. Since then, a couple developments have been registered.

The Visa was scrapped. The construction of a standard Railway was commissioned. Today, a pledge was made to establish a system through which citizens from the three countries can travel using only their National Identity Cards as opposed to passports.

....idea will be implemented by close of 2016.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1437547/ugandans-travel-rwanda-kenya-passports
Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by bigtt76(f): 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
What ECOWAS should have accomplished many years ago angry

1 Like

Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigtt76:
The problem is usually with the smaller countries who fear competitors from the bigger ones. Such formalities are protective measures for locals but on the other hand, its easy to do business across borders when they don't exist.
Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by Peinstein: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
Quite informative. I think it had been effected since last year or much later. My Rwandan friends once told me last year that they didn't need their passports to enter some east African countries. Or are they just making it official?
Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigtt76:

ECOWAS doesn't use visa!
Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by bigtt76(f): 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
I know they don't but they give you number of days to stay after which you need a permit. This shouldn't happen if we'll integrated.

TroubleMaker47:

ECOWAS doesn't use visa!
Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigtt76:
I know they don't but they give you number of days to stay after which you need a permit. This shouldn't happen if we'll integrated.

Ok. I taught u weren't aware!

Sit back and relax. Sai baba is working on it! grin

1 Like

Re: Ugandans, Rwanda And Kenya To Get Rid Of Passports by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Peinstein:
Quite informative. I think it had been effected since last year or much later. My Rwandan friends once told me last year that they didn't need their passports to enter some east African countries. Or are they just making it official?
Thought so too. It's probably becoming official.

(1) (Reply)

How Does Booty Pop Cream Work? / Simple Ways To Show Courtesy. / Lagos Not Part Of Yorubaland - Oba Akiolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.