Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (32938 Views)

I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / This Is Your Season Of Testimony .arise And Shine. / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by drstainlex: 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
F
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Themandator: 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
No
Genesis2000:
I have been imagining this for some times now.

I knows that testimonies are good, and i have also given my testimonies on several occasions.

But what in a situation whereby you re traveling or going else where and you borded a 14 seaters bus and may God forbid the bus have accident and only you survived. Will you go to church and testify and give thanksgiving?

I have raised this question somewhere before...

Do you think it is proper to do so?

Someone is wondering now, what kind of question is this? And why wouldn't i testify of his goodness upon my life? Hmmm

to this person, ok what if your wife or your only son is involved in that accident, would you still go ahead and testify?

Don't you think that some of these testimonies we hear these days are not really necessary?

Don't you think that such testimony are really selfish and selfcenterdness?

Do you think if Jesus is in a boat and and by accident he lost all his disciples, do you think he will testify for his safety?

We were all leaning anyway. And i stand to be corrected.
Do you think these kinds of testimonies really worth it.

Does any body here has any contrary opinion to these?
Pls let here from you. Thank you.

The person is in order to testify to the goodness of God..... Salvation is personal and it is worked out.... He or she has built or raised an altar of covenant that shielded him or her from the bad experiences of others why would it them be out of place to acknowledge the efficacy of that altar?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Btruth: 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Alaye lo ma yin Oluwa. Oku to ti ku ko le yin.

In everything, we should still give thanks. Only the living can praise the Lord, and not the dead.

Though it night turn out to be a bitter testimony, but testimony is still testimony.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Ahmadgani(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
I think it's better to thank God personally no need doing that publicly. because you will still die one day anyways

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Themandator: 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

You see thats why i mentioned Jesus there. If he was in a boat and the boat capsized and he happen to be the only see one that comes out, will he also testify and celebrate it?

It seems like we only care for ourselves only. Let share our understanding here. Thank you.

It is to you according to your faith.... I can not eat on your behalf and you get satisfied... Q doctor cannot take his prescription on your behalf and you get well.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Talasuma(m): 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Elthugnificent:
That's one among many of the testimonies I used to find extremely weird and ridiculous.

Even when I was a believer,.

So u mean say u be former believer? grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by africanusvu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
His topic last month in d church ;WE AR STRANGERS TO THIS WORLD:but today.my pastor who gave such topic last mnth was so hapy to testify hw he escaped frm suspected assasins.i was like.BUT U AR A STRANGER TO THIS WORLD.WHY SO GRATEFUL AND HAPY BEING ALIVE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Amberon11: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
It is written that we must give thanks in "every" situation, not some. Being the only survivor in a car accident is a testimony no matter what. Like someone rightly asked, would have rather you died?

Now you asked, what would Jesus do? Well you aren't conversant with your bible. When Lazarus died and Jesus went to his tomb, what was the first thing Jesus said in prayer to God? He gave thanks. And what did the people say?..... Go find out yourself.

Genesis2000:

You see thats why i mentioned Jesus there. If he was in a boat and the boat capsized and he happen to be the only one that comes out, will he also testify and celebrate it?

It seems like we only care for ourselves only. Let share our understanding here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by elitejosef: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmmm you have not really addressed the question.

If your love ones died in an accident and only survived, will you celebrate and give testimony?
Simple. That's my question.

Bro Job is your best option. Check out his testimony
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmmmmm..
ehhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by babyfaceafrica: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
Just thank God personally in your house,no need making it a public thing and adding to other sorrow...wisdom is needed!!
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Amberon11: 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
You claim to be a christian but have paltry knowledge of the bible. All those who died before the birth of Christ didn't go straight to hell. God's judgment is just. It is written in the bible. I'll try to remember and post it here. Remember it is written that after Christ raised from the dead, He first went to the lower parts of the earth.

What did He go there to do?
Genesis2000:

My dear i really have a different heart from other people, and these one of the reason i finds it had that God could burn human in eternal fire just because they sin against him.

I still believe that man misunderstood God.

The people who died in noahs water, died only once. Those who were consumed by fire in sodom and gomorah city also died only once, you know then the gospel of hellfire has not been preach.

When when Jesus came who came purposely to deliver us now came the gospel of hellfire was introduced. So now anybody who died in sin now, since he had heard the gospel will end up in hellfire and remain there forever.

Does that make any sense to you?

So it means that those who died in Adam generations were just lucky? Is that want you think?

If I'm God i can not burn my enemy in fire for 24 hr watching him screening in agony. Infact i can't do it for 2 hrs.

So that's why am wandering if it is palatable to survived an accident that claimed everyone, and the next thing is to go to the church and testify his goodNess upon my life. Hmmm i was just thinking the pain which other family will be going through.

Like i said before i really have a different heart. And that's the way God created me.

Listen my dear, if i make heaven and see people in hellfire believe me i will not be happy.

How are you today?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by fetrillion(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmmm you have not really addressed the question.

If your love ones died in an accident and only survived, will you celebrate and give testimony?
Simple. That's my question.
Wud u also have been happy if u were among d dead.. For d fact dat u are alive, d mercy of God Singled u out.. Its Gud u testify.. N pray dat God sud give d families of d dead d fortitude to bea r d loss.. N note.. During d period of you sharing d testimony, dont laugh o n dont put on a smiling face.. Be moody n look sympathetic bcs our lord Jesus say we sud morn with pple dat morn n rejoice with d ones dat rejoice... N in all things we sud give thanks.. Wisdom is profitable to direct.. Shallom
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Amberon11: 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bless you
elitejosef:

Bro Job is your best option. Check out his testimony
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by achorladey: 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
What did the scriptures say about making gift of mercy which I feel the testimonies apply to as well? Matthew 6: 2-4 Do not let your left hand know what your right hand does. Should be able done in secret as well. When an individual escape an accident, you never know maybe the adversary hunting such one is still at large. Blowing trumpet ahead for the thanksgiving only fuel the hate.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Megaflex(m): 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
dis is one testimony I love a lot

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by honourhim: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:
I have been imagining this for some times now.

I knows that testimonies are good, and i have also given my testimonies on several occasions.

But what in a situation whereby you re traveling or going else where and you borded a 14 seaters bus and may God forbid the bus have accident and only you survived. Will you go to church and testify and give thanksgiving?

I have raised this question somewhere before...

Do you think it is proper to do so?

Someone is wondering now, what kind of question is this? And why wouldn't i testify of his goodness upon my life? Hmmm

to this person, ok what if your wife or your only son is involved in that accident, would you still go ahead and testify?

Don't you think that some of these testimonies we hear these days are not really necessary?

Don't you think that such testimony are really selfish and selfcenterdness?

Do you think if Jesus is in a boat and and by accident he lost all his disciples, do you think he will testify for his safety?

We were all leaning anyway. And i stand to be corrected.
Do you think these kinds of testimonies really worth it.

Does any body here has any contrary opinion to these?

Pls let here from you. Thank you.

To testify is a different thing but to take it to the level of rice and stew is the one i dont see the need. You are eating rice and stew because people died and you survived? That looks wicked.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Dantee005(m): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nothing...Emphasis on NOTHING...by accident...whatever happens did cus it was supposed to...In every situation praise God...I guess dat should sum it up...
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Martinola(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
[b][/b][color=][/color]der is absolutely noting rong wit dat kind of testimony...if u are saying it's weird, den u r saying giving testimonies or tnking God generally is weird..why? because 4 every or wateva reason u r tnkin God 4, som pipul still lack it nd r dying or dead for it...lyk wen u tnk God 4 giving u life, shelter, food nd oda tins, der r som hu r dying of hunger, som dnt av a home, nd som r wishing dey were dead nt because dey wnt 2 buh d pain dey bear is worst dan death...i dnt see der is absolutely noting rong wit dat kind of testimony...if u are saying it's weird, den u r saying giving testimonies or tnking God generally is weird..why? because 4 every or wateva reason u r tnkin God 4, som pipul still lack it nd r dying or dead for it...lyk wen u tnk God 4 giving u life, shelter, food nd oda tins, der r som hu r dying of hunger, som dnt av a home, nd som r wishing dey were dead nt because dey wnt 2 buh d pain dey bear is worst dan death...i dnt see der is absolutely noting rong wit dat kind of testimony...if u are saying it's weird, den u r saying giving testimonies or tnking God generally is weird..why? because 4 every or wateva reason u r tnkin God 4, som pipul still lack it nd r dying or dead for it...lyk wen u tnk God 4 giving u life, shelter, food nd oda tins, der r som hu r dying of hunger, som dnt av a home, nd som r wishing dey were dead nt because dey wnt 2 buh d pain dey bear is worst dan death...so wats d diff btw dis categoriez of pipul nd dos dat died in an accident...yet we tnk God wen we eat..we tnk him nd even throw parties wen we build houses, w whreas der r som hu sleep on d streets...so if u tnk God 4 all these tins, its no crime neither is it weird wen we tnk God as d only survivor in an accident...accident or not..pipul die every day..does dat mean life shud stop der? No, i tink..we gat 2 tnk God no mata wat.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Fadman4real(m): 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
So if you go to war and you were among the few that won the war it is a normal approach to start morning the dead rather than celebrating the fact you won the battle.

God doesnt do evil, there is a reason he saved your life and therefore you have every reason to thank him.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Kurd(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
How u take present dat kin testimony
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by UncleSnr(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yes oh, as long as I can give testimony of God killing Egyptians, why not this?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by frisby: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

Actually there is nothing wrong in giving testimonies, i does that too

But we were only looking at this types of testimonies mentioned above, if is normal to do it.

Haba bros!
Small small abeg.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Boyooosa(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
your first reference has clarified every, he said, in everything we should be thankful to God. so if you dont testify in the presence of God, then whose presence? Noah that God almost terminated his whole generation was still thankful to God for saving his life. Abraham, his cousin and wife. Even Jesus testified and gave thanksgiving when he knew he was going to die in the hands of apportioned enemies. So who are you?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Fadman4real(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Buharimustdie20:
Giving this type of testimony is like thanking a serial killer for sparing your life and killing the family next door

People like you are not difficult to see, you blame everyone for your problems except yourself.

So it is God you blame for causing the accidents which could have been caused by bad roads, reckless driving or simple errors.

Everyone would die one day, that we cannot escape from no matter how it occurs. God might decide to extend your lifespan becos he has plans for you even when circumstances want to end your life.

About the pic u posted, that arguement against God is becoming old, there is enough food on earth to cater for everyone the reason who people die of starvation is because we are greedy and wicked to our fellow human beings, it has nothing to do with God.

And remember this is our world we are doing it the way we like but soon he (God) would take his world back and judge us according to our deeds.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Phrasing, manner, tact
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Boyooosa(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
frisby:

Haba bros!
Small small abeg.
brain is better than eyes, do you agree with me most esp when you need to use one out of the two smiley
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Xtopher123(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
People praise god for their success but fail to blame him for their failure..

Rather they channel it to the devil.. The same devil they claimed their god created..

I laugh whenever I read such testimonies..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by gen2lpat(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
The hell i see is planet earth, for it has eveything evil in it. Come judgement day, the righteous will in heaven and other in hell/earth/underheaven

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / Thugs Attack Dunamis Church In Anyigba, Kogi State / Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.