Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Why Did You Tell Me? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Tell Me? (2229 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by hopefulLandlord: 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
let me still engage you a bit

what if I do good with good motive almost all my life, I worship the Saturn god and heard about Christ just once? is it possible I make heaven?
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

its now moved to "motive"

Do you agree that I can donate half my fortune to the poor, build many hospitals, proclaim full scholarship to all the children in my state, and do all those good things with a hidden motive?
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
let me still engage you a bit

what if I do good with good motive almost all my life, I worship the Saturn god and heard about Christ just once? is it possible I make heaven?

Your use of the pronoun "I" here is funny. I guess you know why.

I can only tell you one sure way to make Heaven: accept Jesus today and turn away from sin.
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:
AnonyNymous,

LOL.

I cannot say who will go to Heaven, being only human. That, coupled with the fact that humans can do good deeds with hidden motives, makes it futile to guess who will go to Heaven. GOD will reveal the motives behind every works on the last day.

GOD was known in Africa long before now. Remember the children of Israel in Egypt?
Stop changing what we're talking about man. Only an intellectually dishonest person will start setting up strawman arguments and red herrings when you cannot answer the question directly.
So you're telling me that the Zulu tribe headed by King Shaka knew who Jesus was? Ok, since you want to give an excuse there, what about the continent of Australia? Are you telling me that EVERYONE that lived on that continent before the gold rush when Europeans arrived had evil motives whenever they did anything for each other? I mean from the beginning of man, because Australia was isolated and not approached until some settlers landed and found gold there.
Remember, nobody on that continent knew about Jesus until the 17th century, so automatically they're all burning in hell
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
AnonyNymous,

Abel, Seth, Enoch, Abraham all never encountered Jesus. At least, not as we do now. They will all be in Heaven.

You know that after the flood, the world was re-populated through Noah's sons. They surely knew about GOD. It has been theorized that Asians descended from Shem, Caucasians from Japhet, and Africans from Ham(really don't know much about that). However, we know that Satan succeeded in perverting the worship of GOD.

The Ethiopian eunuch took the gospel of Jesus back to Africa. Before the first advent of Jesus, the Jews made proselytes of other nations.

GOD has always made Himself known to men of all nations. The devil is also trying to make men lose sight of GOD.
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:
AnonyNymous,

Abel, Seth, Enoch, Abraham all never encountered Jesus. At least, not as we do now. They will all be in Heaven.

You know that after the flood, the world was re-populated through Noah's sons. They surely knew about GOD. It has been theorized that Asians descended from Shem, Caucasians from Japhet, and Africans from Ham(really don't know much about that). However, we know that Satan succeeded in perverting the worship of GOD.

The Ethiopian eunuch took the gospel of Jesus back to Africa. Before the first advent of Jesus, the Jews made proselytes of other nations.

GOD has always made Himself known to men of all nations. The devil is also trying to make men lose sight of GOD.
The North and South American continent, as well as the Australian continent had no knowledge of yahweh until western civilization came. Again, I dislike it when you try to play smart. I'm not dumb. I used to be a Christian as well. Those names you mentioned existed before jesus supposedly came so you cant use that in your argument.
You said to me that good deeds don't matter as long as you die without knowing jesus. So for those three continents that I named, which didn't even exist on the map of the world until far later, people who had no contact with any form of civiliazation, all of them are burning in hell according to you. How then, is that fair, since they didn't choose to be born where they were born.
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
AnonyNymous:

The North and South American continent, as well as the Australian continent had no knowledge of yahweh until western civilization came. Again, I dislike it when you try to play smart. I'm not dumb. I used to be a Christian as well. Those names you mentioned existed before jesus supposedly came so you cant use that in your argument.
You said to me that good deeds don't matter as long as you die without knowing jesus. So for those three continents that I named, which didn't even exist on the map of the world until far later, people who had no contact with any form of civiliazation, all of them are burning in hell according to you. How then, is that fair, since they didn't choose to be born where they were born.

People didn't suddenly find themselves in the Americas. The apostles, after Christ's death, preached the gospel everywhere, including India.

Consider that the original people of the Americas were Indians.
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by Edenoscar(m): 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:
It has been theorized that Asians descended from Shem, Caucasians from Japhet, and Africans from Ham(really don't know much about that).
wait are those noah sons

The way some christians lie in this section is alarming.you mean asians and africans descended from fictitious chraracters from a novel written by iliterates.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

People didn't suddenly find themselves in the Americas. The apostles, after Christ's death, preached the gospel everywhere, including India.

Consider that the original people of the Americas were Indians.
Wrong wrong wrong.
The people in the Americas are NOT the Indians. They were only called Indians because that's what the explorers thought at first. I have a friend of Cherokee Native American ancestry who feels very insulted when anyone calls him an American Indian. The people that lived on those continents migrated there when the continents were still connected, before they drifted apart millions of years ago (hard for you to believe since Christianity says the word is just 6000 years old).
Ok, since you're trying to be clever, what about the Australian aborigines who are neither Negroid, Caucasoid, nor Mongoloid? The rest of the world didn't have contact with them. So, they're all burning in hell, right?
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:30am On Oct 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Wrong wrong wrong.
The people in the Americas are NOT the Indians. They were only called Indians because that's what the explorers thought at first. I have a friend of Cherokee Native American ancestry who feels very insulted when anyone calls him an American Indian. The people that lived on those continents migrated there when the continents were still connected, before they drifted apart millions of years ago (hard for you to believe since Christianity says the word is just 6000 years old).
Ok, since you're trying to be clever, what about the Australian aborigines who are neither Negroid, Caucasoid, nor Mongoloid? The rest of the world didn't have contact with them. So, they're all burning in hell, right?

Can we first digest the fact that the whole world descended from Noah who worshipped GOD?
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by frank317: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

its now moved to "motive"

Lol... These guys are funny.

They are like 'lets assume and believe that any good person who does not believe in Jesus has bad motive."

Smh
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by frank317: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Can we first digest the fact that the whole world descended from Noah who worshipped GOD?

So? Millions are being BORN INTO home with different beliefs. Some Christians who believe in Jesus, some Muslims, some pagans, some worship the sun, some worship Zeus. This is what they grow up to understand as fact.

Are u saying good people with no interior motive that were born as pagan worshippers or sun worshippers or Muslims will go to hell?
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by raphieMontella: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Is worshiping the sun god good?

Except the person is prejudiced towards Christianity, I don't think it's hard to accept the fact that Christ loves you and that He, despite being GOD, sacrificed His life just to make sure you spend eternity in the most wonderful Place ever known.
wtf?
For real?
Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by raphieMontella: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Ok, I believe you have proper knowledge of the character of god. Explain how someone who devoted his life to serving the poor and helping the needy will burn in hell for all eternity, just because he was born in a place that had no access to the knowledge of your religion. And how that is fair. In other words, your basically telling me that all of our ancestors, everyone that existed on the continent of Africa from the year 1 AD till the first European settlers arrived are currently burning in hell.
Why am I concerned? Why I haven't just 'accepted' your god? Because apart from the fact that there is nothing I can see to show me that your god even exists at all, apart from the contradictions and inaccuracies people keep finding in your religious book, there is nothing to suggest that yahweh is as loving as you guys make him out to be. The old testament is full of blood and gore, and now you're even telling me here that no matter how good a person is, once he didn't hear about jesus, he's doomed, how does that sound like 'unconditional love' to you?
see ehn...if the christian God really exists and doesnt want anybody to go hell..
His supposed second coming would be in the first century.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by raphieMontella: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
AnonyNymous,

is jesus no longer the route of salvation?
Why bringing abraham and co

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Tell Me? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 16, 2016
frank317:

So? Millions are being BORN INTO home with different beliefs. Some Christians who believe in Jesus, some Muslims, some pagans, some worship the sun, some worship Zeus. This is what they grow up to understand as fact.

Are u saying good people with no interior motive that were born as pagan worshippers or sun worshippers or Muslims will go to hell?
I just stopped arguing because he keeps shifting the goal post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

......... / EXCLUSIVE: 70 Sermons To Preach To Your Destiny By D. K. Olukoya - Download Here / Pope Said Who Am I To Judge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.