Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler (862 Views)

What Happened To Programming? / New To Programming! / An Introduction To Programming Using C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by Omoosedabi: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2009
Good day house! actually am a graphics designer, recently in school they introduced BASIC as part of my curriculum, i found it very interesting but i ave not been able to practice on my pc. what the lecturer said is that i need a compiler? please what is a compiler and how do i get a good one for BASIC?
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by BigStar1(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2009
Compiler is program that translate programs written in HLL into its machine equivalent code. Long story short, it's a translator.

As for BASIC, if u're working with QBASIC you need an ITERPRETER rather than compiler.
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by teesquares(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2009
Well, simply put, a compiller is a user friendly translator.
It depends on the programming language you are using, either VB ,VB.net, QB,e.t.c
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by Omoosedabi: 7:51am On Oct 28, 2009
tnx.den where can i get an interpreter for qbasic.
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by Ghenghis(m): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2009
You have so many choices unlike those days ,

You'd need a compiler if you intend to create programs that other people can use without installing any extras.

With an interpreter u need both the interpreter and your code to run the app.

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/basic.shtml

I recommend Xbasic or liberty basic, they both have nice editors and act like an interpreter and compiler.

Enjoy! grin
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by sweetpawn2: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2009
Hi.
Since you are in school, I am sure that the version of basic that you are working on is microsoft qbasic.
If so, then I can mail it to you.
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by BigStar1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
sweet_pawn:

Hi.
Since you are in school, I am sure that the version of basic that you are working on is microsoft qbasic.
If so, then I can mail it to you.

That's too far man.
Tell the guy to google QB Interpreter.
I downloaded one recently but think of the stress in attching it for him to download it later when he can download it without ur external stress.
Abi you want to sell it? lol
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by sweetpawn2: 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
Haba Big Star!!!
Sell QBasic ke?!!
Well youve got me laughing my ribs off!!!
The last time I tried to download qb I had some difficulties. Well, if the links are okay now, as you say, then by all means, let the brother try google then!
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by BigStar1(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2009
Cheers!
Re: New To Programming: I Need A BASIC Compiler by dotzok: 2:04am On Nov 22, 2009
Haba ghaiz, either downloading or attaching, a typical qbasic interpreter contains qbasic.exe, .hlp, and two other files i cant remember. Im sure the whole thing can't be up to 2MB! sou,

Except u're talking of QB45, which has advanced features like compilation i.e. making ur program .EXEcutable.

Let me know is u still nid it, i'm sure i can locate it from one of my old drives.

(1) (Reply)

Vb6 Programming Help / Just Blogged : Using Reflection To Check Whether An Object Is Null. / Ego Trolls Of The Programming Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.