Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,155 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week (4215 Views)

Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User / Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Earth2Metahuman: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
asuustrike2009:

is MTN 4g into those places covered by glo?
MTN covered by 80% of Lagos, Abuja and PH right, why haven't they spread to all other States ?
if you calculate the number of places covered by mtn in terms of landmass, glo doesnt come close..

Look I want glo to succeed and surpass mtn but glo isn't serious.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Umunri:
Mtn have more 4G coverage than glo.see their map
how sure are you? they may have the map but the reality is different.
most networks concentrate more on Lagos, PH and Abuja but find it difficult to cover other areas. Glo are covering most towns and cities gradually and they tend to be fast in coverage. The problem is how many persons actually have phones compatible for their brand?

1 Like

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
if you calculate the number of places covered by mtn in terms of landmass, glo doesnt come close..

Look I want glo to succeed and surpass mtn but glo isn't serious.
MTN are concentrating on cities while glo goes beyond cities to include towns. don't be surprise that more towns, cities and villages will have 4g more than mtn
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by timbros(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
olurotimi1:
a phone and a mifi which is heavier. And an average Joe carries more than a phone .

Oga one question for you: A phone+mifi AND a phone, which is heavier?

1 Like

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
Mehn! Glo jst dey fall hands anyhow... Who still subscribes to glo?
a lot of persons still subscribe to them why because their data is the cheapest in the market. second they are the largest data service provider in Nigeria. Just check their 4g and 3g data and see things for yourself but their speed is something they need to work in some cities and towns
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by timbros(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
asuustrike2009:

MTN are concentrating on cities while glo goes beyond cities to include towns. don't be surprise that more towns, cities and villages will have 4g more than mtn

This is Glo's coverage in PH. Imagine! A whole Port Harcourt!

Let Glo finish with the said cities first before going to towns.

I haven't tested MTN's 4g though.

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
timbros:

This is Glo's coverage in PH. Imagine! A whole Port Harcourt!
Let Glo finish with the said cities first before going to towns.
I haven't tested MTN's 4g though.
I don't get you?
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by mikool007(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bossman:
This is good to know. However, it's useless to more than 98% of Nigerians. Very few phones support the LTE band 28 that GLO is using.
exactly....it seems dum to me...y make smthng dat will be almost nt useful
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by dustmalik: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
asuustrike2009:

is MTN 4g into those places covered by glo?
MTN covered by 80% of Lagos, Abuja and PH right, why haven't they spread to all other States ?
Look, Glo 4G coverage is largely on paper, not in reality. Those cities where they claim to have coverage, are just where they plan to cover in the nearest future. As an indigenous telco, we all want them to succeed. But what i dislike is deception on their part.

By the way, i like the fact that Glo is deploying its LTE using fiber-optic, at least here in Abuja, which will ensure better service delivery. As you know, it's far more expensive and way better to deploy LTE via fiber-optic than cell tower or cell site. So, I'm particular happy about that.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by tdf561: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
I don't believe it's as fast as proposed.

For latest tech news information reviews on latest an futuristic tech new visit.

https://etech9ja..com
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
dustmalik:

Look, Glo 4G coverage is largely on paper, not in reality. Those cities where they claim to have coverage, are just where they plan to cover in the nearest future. As an indigenous telco, we all want them to succeed. But what i dislike is deception on their part.

By the way, i like the fact that Glo is deploying its LTE using fiber-optic, at least here in Abuja, which will ensure better service delivery. As you know, it's far more expensive and way better to deploy LTE via fiber-optic than cell tower or cell site. So, I'm particular happy about that.
OK
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by dustmalik: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
mikool007:
exactly....it's seem dum to me...y make smthng dat will be almost nt useful
This is one aspect that will discourage users from getting on board with Glo LTE. But i believe Glo will, eventually, have no choice than to deploy its LTE via some other band, like band 3(1800mhz), which has been re-farmed by NCC.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
dustmalik:

This is one aspect that will discourage users from getting on board with Glo LTE. But i believe Glo will, eventually, have no choice than to deploy its LTE via some other band, like band 3(1800mhz), which has been re-farmed by NCC.
says who. Anyway customer is king.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
timbros:

Oga one question for you: A phone+mifi AND a phone, which is heavier?
my point is that money is heavier if you go for another expensive sh*t. After all most of us have more than 2 phones. Will gladly go for a mifi to cut cost. Times are had. Forget heavy where money dey.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by AndreSalvatore: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2016
asuustrike2009:

a lot of persons still subscribe to them why because their data is the cheapest in the market. second they are the largest data service provider in Nigeria. Just check their 4g and 3g data and see things for yourself but their speed is something they need to work in some cities and towns
. Bro, we care about speed not some sort of alien bonuses n the likes...
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by huntax(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
mtn has covered 80℅ of Lagos and abuja.. Don't know about pH though..

Glo is yet to cover 40% those states.. Jumping around covering small universities is not coverage..

Glo should go and siddon.

As much as I really want to make use of glo, being made In Nigeria and all.. That network just sucks at coverage. Even there 3g is terrible. I'm not optimistic about this 4g.
You can change that....dial 444 and lay your complaints. It's a toll free number dedicated to poor network
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by timbros(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2016
olurotimi1:
my point is that money is heavier if you go for another expensive sh*t. After all most of us have more than 2 phones. Will gladly go for a mifi to cut cost. Times are had. Forget heavy where money dey.

You still haven't answered my question.

You asked the guy phone and mifi, which is heavier? Trying to drive home your point that buying a mifi is better and lighter than going for another phone. But you are forgetting that you can't just use the mifi to browse. You still need a device to use the mifi.

So I ask you again, phone+mifi AND phone, which is heavier?
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
timbros:

You still haven't answered my question.

You asked the guy phone and mifi, which is heavier? Trying to drive home your point that buying a mifi is better and lighter than going for another phone. But you are forgetting that you can't just use the mifi to browse. You still need a device to use the mifi.

So I ask you again, phone+mifi AND phone, which is heavier?
Omo I tire For you. Use whatever pleases you, for Me I will go for a mifi anytime any day. Its cost effective. I hear MTN mifi is 5k. So be wise.Na recession we dey .
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by timbros(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
olurotimi1:
Omo I tire For you. Use whatever pleases you, for Me I will go for a mifi anytime any day. Its cost effective. I hear MTN mifi is 5k. So be wise.Na recession we dey .

No tire for me. Tire for your reasoning. Since to carry mifi join phone don better pass to carry just only phone.

By the way I don't need MTN mifi because my device supports both bands that they use.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
. Bro, we care about speed not some sort of alien bonuses n the likes...
Yea

1 Like

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
timbros:

No tire for me. Tire for your reasoning. Since to carry mifi join phone don better pass to carry just only phone.

By the way I don't need MTN mifi because my device supports both bands that they use.
Happy for you. So happy for your level of reasoning >: grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Amazing Nature Photos that will make you shout HALLELUYAH God is truly Great / [5.1] [stable] [mt6580] [unofficial] Aicp For Gionee P5w/ Primo Gh5/ Primo Gh5+ / How Transsion Holdings Are Cheating And Lying To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.