Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week (4204 Views)

Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User / Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by salamispycee1(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
Globacom has fired up its 4G LTE network in another eight locations within the country just within a week of commercial launch of the network. The new roll-out locations include Bonny, Escravos, Forcados, Abraka (Delta State University),
Ekpoma (Ambrose Alli University), Okada (Igbinedion University), Agbor (College of Education), and Sapele (Western Delta University).

Globacom formally launched Nigeria’s largest 4G LTE network at its head office in Victoria Island, Lagos on Tuesday, October 4, 2016.

Read More Here:
https://salamispycee..com.ng/2016/10/glo-extends-4g-lte-services-to-8.html

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by ritababe(f): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2016
cool
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by wristbangle: 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
ritababe:
cool

Happy weekend Rita. Hope u are still enjoying d service?

1 Like

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:03am On Oct 16, 2016
Why in tertiary institutions only na. Everybody na student?
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Bossman(m): 4:15am On Oct 16, 2016
This is good to know. However, it's useless to more than 98% of Nigerians. Very few phones support the LTE band 28 that GLO is using.

3 Likes

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by donhils: 6:01am On Oct 16, 2016
Bossman:
This is good to know. However, it's useless to more than 98% of Nigerians. Very few phones support the LTE band 28 that GLO is using.
Exactly what I wanted to point out.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 6:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Bossman:
Then go for mifi now, it's even cheaper ke. People and complain share.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Earth2Metahuman: 6:58am On Oct 16, 2016
Adding small small locations

re we suppose to praise them for this? undecided
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by donbenie(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2016
olurotimi1:
Then go for mifi now, it's even cheaper ke. People and complain share.
Why should he have to go for a Mifi before he can enjoy the 4G network,is he supposed to be carrying it around EVERYWHERE he goes just to enjoy a service others are enjoying with their SMARTPHONES..how practical and realistic is that?

6 Likes

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by okikiosibodu(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2016
donbenie:
Why should he have to go for a Mifi before he can enjoy the 4G network,is he supposed to be carrying it around EVERYWHERE he goes just to enjoy a service others are enjoying with their SMARTPHONES..how practical and realistic is that?
Glo's 4G cruises on bandwith 28Hz, and is quite close to 5G (they considered an upgrade in advance. 4G phones are quite expensive, so a more cost effect approach is going for a MI-FI
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by donbenie(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Glo's 4G cruises on bandwith 28Hz, and is quite close to 5G (they considered an upgrade in advance. 4G phones are quite expensive, so a more cost effect approach is going for a MI-FI
The ISSUE is not about the cost of a MIFI vis a viz a 4G Ssmartphone but the practicality of an average Joe carrying a MIFI around just to meet his internet needs,also bear in mind with this being a rare 4G Spectrum only more expensive handsets will come equipped with it when compared to the more popular ones..

2 Likes

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2016
donbenie:
The ISSUE is not about the cost of a MIFI vis a viz a 4G Ssmartphone but the practicality of an average Joe carrying a MIFI around just to meet his internet needs,also bear in mind with this being a rare 4G Spectrum only more expensive handsets will come equipped with it when compared to the more popular ones..
a phone and a mifi which is heavier. And an average Joe carries more than a phone .

1 Like

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2016
okikiosibodu:

thank you my brother. That's the point. Mifi are less expensive and lighter. Must I kill myself cause of 80something phones? Omo Na recession period we dey o
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
Adding small small locations

re we suppose to praise them for this? undecided
Tell me another ISP that has more coverage. At least hope is telling us gradually we are getting covered. Smile has been on 8 or so cities for ages. Omo I praise them o.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by donbenie(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2016
olurotimi1:
a phone and a mifi which is heavier. And an average Joe carries more than a phone .
Then your definition of an average Joe in Nigeria is certainly not same with mine,why should I carry a phone AND a Mifi when I could carry ONLY a phone?
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by donhils: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2016
olurotimi1:
How much is a mifi?
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Baroba(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Carrying MIfi around just to get 4G, seriously?. Anyway am not surprised my people are used to suffering and smiling..

4 Likes

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Earth2Metahuman: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2016
olurotimi1:
Tell me another ISP that has more coverage. At least hope is telling us gradually we are getting covered. Smile has been on 8 or so cities for ages. Omo I praise them o.
mtn has covered 80℅ of Lagos and abuja.. Don't know about pH though..

Glo is yet to cover 40% those states.. Jumping around covering small universities is not coverage..

Glo should go and siddon.

As much as I really want to make use of glo, being made In Nigeria and all.. That network just sucks at coverage. Even there 3g is terrible. I'm not optimistic about this 4g.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
donbenie:
Then your definition of an average Joe in Nigeria is certainly not same with mine,why should I carry a phone AND a Mifi when I could carry ONLY a phone?
please tell me anybody you know sincerely that carries only a phone around.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

Glo is yet to cover 40% those states.. Jumping around covering small universities is not coverage..

As much as I really want to make use of glo, being made In Nigeria and all.. That network just sucks at coverage. Even there 3g is terrible. I'm not optimistic about this 4g.
are you telling coverage could be instant? It's a gradual thing my brother, in no time everyone is covered. If you say 80percent, the remaining 20nko. You expect them to be happy with MTN. If you are covered that's happiness, at least we know ours is coming. So some useless company concentrating in Lagos, Abuja and ph. Mind you I stay in Ife, and according to their map, I see Ife waiting to be covered soon. Am sure in months MTN will not remember us.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Baroba:
Carrying MIfi around just to get 4G, seriously?. Anyway am not surprised my people are used to suffering and smiling..
Am sure you don't mean it, when am enjoying what I paid for. What's suffering in that one. When I can get a cheaper mifi why go for an expensive phone. That's our problem in Nigeria bigmanism without having anything in our pocket. Poorman mindset. Anyway for me a universal mifi is a cheaper alternative.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Umunri: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mtn have more 4G coverage than glo.see their map
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by HzRF(m): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bossman:
I beg
Do you know how to check if my phone could 4g

M using techno 7c
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by donbenie(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=olurotimi1 post=50246539] please tell me anybody you know sincerely that carries only a phone around. [/quote
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by AndreSalvatore: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mehn! Glo jst dey fall hands anyhow... Who still subscribes to glo?
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by DharkPoet(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
olurotimi1:
Am sure you don't mean it, when am enjoying what I paid for. What's suffering in that one. When I can get a cheaper mifi why go for an expensive phone. That's our problem in Nigeria bigmanism without having anything in our pocket. Poorman mindset. Anyway for me a universal mifi is a cheaper alternative.
Dude, I don't get your point exactly, no body is saying you need to buy another phone. But at least Glo should have considered phone users before choosing a bandwidth, unless they have ulterior motives with their MiFi modules.

You're of the idea, that's it's better to carry MiFi around, while this would be better compared to getting a new phone, but it isn't compared to carrying only your 4g enabled phone.

So what would you say if, MTN proposes, cheaper internet plans? Do you still think Glo wouldn't be on the verge of losing the market, considering the fact that MTN's bandwidth would be easily accessible to a wider range of devices??
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by dustmalik: 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

I live in Abuja, and me and my friends have been searching for Glo 4G at all the locations they claimed to have coverage, but nowhere to be found. MTN, on the other hand, has coverage all over Abuja, albeit low signal strength due to the band they chose to go with. But at least it's there to be seen.

Glo, on the other hand, has no 4G coverage in Abuja. Trust me, i know all about bands and frequencies, so device compatibility isn't the problem.

Though there seems to be rapid deployment of green fiber-optic cables around Abuja metropolitan, so i suspect Glo is just deploying its LTE now, not that it's operational already.

My anger is that, Glo were in a haste to announce its nonexistent LTE simply because MTN beat them to it, and Glo didn't want to be left behind, which is deceptive, in my opinion. So i also suspect that Glo doesn't have LTE coverage in all those other locations it claims it does.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by busoye19: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
dustmalik:

I live in Abuja, and me and my friends have been searching for Glo 4G at all the locations they claimed to have coverage, but nowhere to be found. MTN, on the other hand, has coverage all over Abuja, albeit low signal strength due to the band they chose to go with. But at least it's there to be seen.

Glo, on the other hand, has no 4G coverage in Abuja. Trust me, i know all about bands and frequencies, so device compatibility isn't the problem.

Though there seems to be rapid deployment of green fiber-optic cables around Abuja metropolitan, so i suspect Glo is just deploying its LTE now, not that it's operational already.

My anger is that, Glo were in a haste to announce its nonexistent LTE simply because MTN beat them to it, and Glo didn't want to be left behind, which is deceptive, in my opinion. So i also suspect that Glo doesn't have LTE coverage in all those other locations it claims it does.

Thanks for this. I have searched for glo 4G in Wuse, Maitama, Garki and Durumi but not available. I doubt if glo 4G is available in Abuja.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
MTN and cheaper data? Not in this generation grin
DharkPoet:

Dude, I don't get your point exactly, no body is saying you need to buy another phone. But at least Glo should have considered phone users before choosing a bandwidth, unless they have ulterior motives with their MiFi modules.

You're of the idea, that's it's better to carry MiFi around, while this would be better compared to getting a new phone, but it isn't compared to carrying only your 4g enabled phone.

So what would you say if, MTN proposes, cheaper internet plans? Do you still think Glo wouldn't be on the verge of losing the market, considering the fact that MTN's bandwidth would be easily accessible to a wider range of devices??
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by olurotimi1: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
One is non existent the other is not seen by you and your gang. Anyway that was how GSM started with its teething problem. We shall get there. Let's pray.
dustmalik:

Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by dustmalik: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
busoye19:

Thanks for this. I have searched for glo 4G in Wuse, Maitama, Garki and Durumi but not available. I doubt if glo 4G is available in Abuja.
Contrary to what Glo agents have been bandying about on this forum, i can assure you that Glo 4G LTE is currently not operational in Abuja. If anything, it's only being deployed at the moment.
Re: Glo Extends 4G LTE Services To 8 Additional Locations In One Week by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

is MTN 4g into those places covered by glo?
MTN covered by 80% of Lagos, Abuja and PH right, why haven't they spread to all other States ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung-Galaxy Nexus Ban Overturned In US / HELP!!! My Facebook Is Sharing A Link I Didnt Post...(with Pictures) / MTN Surprise Is Back Get Your Surprise Packs Here- See Code (Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.