Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times (14511 Views)

See How MTN Wants Us To Compulsorily Exhaust Our Data / 9mobile Barred My Line / See How MTN Accidentally Breaches Subscribers Airtime Balance Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by deebrain(m): 7:07am On Oct 17, 2016
Chosen1984:
WHAT A MESS! MTN RECIEVCE SENSE

Receive English.

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by StarPlayer: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2016
I've been receiving such messages. Well if ny line gets blocked i'll simply port to glo jejely. After all it's buy naija to grow naira
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Lunaxskin: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2016
Believe me or not MTN doesnt have a good database of their customers.
They are more concern in making money ( Air time, borrow airtime and buy data)

They will send msg for you to go and register over and over again even though you have been using their sim for donkey years.

i got this msg if later and I was wondering whats the heck is it for:

Y'ello, your subscription is PENDING because you are yet to confirm your request. Please dial *560*1# to confirm your request.

All I know is that MTN doesn't have a database pronto.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by armadeo(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2016
Chaii

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by rofesobi33(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2016
I AM HAVING SAME CHALLENGE WITH MTN TOO. I BOUGHT THE SIM 0803 NEWLY AND REGISTERED IT BEFORE USING. I HAVE BEEN USING IT SUCCESSFULLY, JUST TO WAKE UP AND DISCOVERED MY LINE HAS BEEN BLOCKED.
I HAVE BEEN TO THEIR MARINA, LAGOS OFFICE FOUR TIMES YET THEY COULD NOT RESOLVE IT. THEY EITHER GIVE SILLY EXCUSES THAT THE PERSON THAT WILL ADDRESS THE BLOCKING WAS NOT ON SEAT.
I ALSO CALLED THEIR CUSTOMERS LINE CONTIINOUSLY ON THIS ISSUE, STILL NOTHING WAS DONE.
THE ANNOYING PART IS MY #1,000 CASH IS RIGHT IN THE MTN ACCOUNT.
PLS, CAN ANY BODY THAT IS AFFECTED ON THIS AND SAME SHOE LIKE ME CONNECT TO MY WHATSAPP ON 08062534951 AND LET US FILE A PETITION AGAINST THEM.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by MAXIMAL123(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2016
MTN and issue of Registration no be small thing, I had to registered mine too 3times before they could registered it and the funny meme is that when I registered the 1st time I was told it has been done so also the 2nd time, where has nothing has being done. So let's give them this...IF U supports MTN & Registration is like 5&6 Hit LIKE & If U dnt, Press Share.... LIKE have IT grin

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by DonCortino: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2016
daybam01:
Please, I will appreciate it if this can hit front page...... I am an MTN subscriber with phone number 08030735691 and I have done my registration in MTN OFFICES several times due to so called mistakes on their part because one way or the other their system keep having problems with keeping records..... I really don't know if that should be my problem though, but I keep going to their offices out of my tight schedule to re- register, because I am a medical doctor..... to my greatest surprise MTN disconnected my line yesterday evening 14/10/16 without a prior warning or anything....... the annoying part was when I got to their office where I had done the registration 3wks earlier, they had no reason for disconnecting me and they weren't even sorry about it, I ended up re-registering for the fourth time....... I feel we are actually living in a jungle where there is no respect for law.... these people dare not do this in the UK or US let alone their own country, yet they come to our country and keep doing as they wish as if they are above the law...... what if I was in the middle of nowhere and I needed to make an important call, what if I had an emergency in the hospital and my attention was seriously needed? I would have lost a patient or even worse......... please I need this to get to the front page, so that people can see how these idiots keep violating our rights in our country and go scot free........

Have u heard of porting? Subscriber is king!
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by vickylala239: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2016
daybam01:
Please, I will appreciate it if this can hit front page...... I am an MTN subscriber with phone number 08030735691 and I have done my registration in MTN OFFICES several times due to so called mistakes on their part because one way or the other their system keep having problems with keeping records..... I really don't know if that should be my problem though, but I keep going to their offices out of my tight schedule to re- register, because I am a medical doctor..... to my greatest surprise MTN disconnected my line yesterday evening 14/10/16 without a prior warning or anything....... the annoying part was when I got to their office where I had done the registration 3wks earlier, they had no reason for disconnecting me and they weren't even sorry about it, I ended up re-registering for the fourth time....... I feel we are actually living in a jungle where there is no respect for law.... these people dare not do this in the UK or US let alone their own country, yet they come to our country and keep doing as they wish as if they are above the law...... what if I was in the middle of nowhere and I needed to make an important call, what if I had an emergency in the hospital and my attention was seriously needed? I would have lost a patient or even worse......... please I need this to get to the front page, so that people can see how these idiots keep violating our rights in our country and go scot free........

Bro I understand how u feel.....

Bt I wnt to ask,Wat if u had ur line Bt no netwrk..

Wat if u had ur line and all d calls cnt connect...

Bt to be truthful as a Nigerian u shuld Hv mre Dan 2lines sef

We all knw d truth abt dis country,Dat u airtym Bt ntwrk keeping saying u need to borrow etc..

I will advice you to swap...
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2016
That's the most useless network I have ever seen in Nigeria. Complete nonsense. They blocked mine too even after registering it times without number. I am soon porting to Etisalat or Zain. I wonder why Nigerians still patronize those rogues
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by ezechueze(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2016
OK
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Babysheart(f): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2016
That's why you have the choice of porting. Re-register, then port the number to another better network.

Don't waste time.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by amuokuko: 7:22am On Oct 17, 2016
I can't believe the OP is complaining..

I have registered my line twice nd some weeks back I got an sms advising Me to register again which I replied them thou it did not go through..

The last thing I will do if they eventually block me is to visit their office..

Nah immediate porting get me..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by NevetsIbot(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2016
queenblossom:
That was how they also blocked my line too. I registered my line and they have never for once told me that I didn't register or that I should go and register again. Only for me to wake up and discover that my line has been blocked and even sold to someone else. As I write now someone some where is using my mtn line. And I vowed never to use mtn network again. This is d line 08034489973. Mtn is a stupid network. Bleep mtn
grin painment!!!!
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by DonCortino: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2016
gen2briz:
If NCC fine them now, some useless people will that blaming the federal government.
Yes! we will blame them, they are not hands-on. Is it not a cabinet member that collected 500 mill bribe from mtn to slash the initial 5billion dollars fine slammed on them? Abeg shift. Zombie!

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by BIBILARY(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2016
ts not new... how i wish they can be ban
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Uchemus(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2016
MTN is the most usuless network iv ever used
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by ymdo(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Why not? These things would not happen in countries with effective judiciaries as they'll be subject to massive class-action suits. They do these things in Nigeria because they can get away with it.
Bro, i am equally being prompted to go and register again and it is very frustrating but making reference to the company's nationality will water down the credibility of her complaint. Is she bitter because she was disconnected or because the company is of another nationality? We have our indigenous companies raping us mercilessly also.

tim1256:

And you will think you have talked now o.
You only showed that you are an arsenal of rubbish.
Receive brain please
From the way you typed, i can deduce that you lacked manners. How old are you? undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by begwong: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2016
Abdstrakt:

I've been getting multiple msg to go an register my sim again despite doing so multiple times.
will jus go and do it tomorrow before they block my line.

useless people
Anyone that got a message for re_registration, I will advice you guys to PORT to any other network. It won't affect your contacts because they can always get you with same number.
I ported my mtn to Etisalat over 2yeara ago and never did any stupid re_registration!
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by here: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2016
As much your life doesn't depend on it,port.
They attempted it with me last year after using a line for 12years.All you need do is try to register and the moment it's opened port so you maintain your line.
If you sue,how can you prove they blocked your line when the technology is with them.
A relation was reliably inform that all 0803 has that problem of being updated as they are old lines,so except you want to keep having this problem and complaining online daily, port atleast we all get to have peace.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by cupidhero(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2016
Miserable Thieves Network(MTN)
They can steal for Africa.

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by undefeated(m): 7:36am On Oct 17, 2016
Porting is still in existence
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by TI1919(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
I have been informed like three times now to register mine but, I will wait for them to block it so, I could do my third registration. My advice to mtn is that they should give a receipt like the ones we have on the atm machines. On that basis we would know who is the lier. I don't like mtn because of there charges, I prefer etisalat followed by airtell that does not mean they should not do business in Nigeria. They should do there business and respect people's rights just like other networks. My opinion though

angry
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Jabioro: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
I hope the best to do is to demand registration receipt from MTN,si that whenever they blocked or send such repeated message we can used as an evidence..to make money and run the idiots down.The same way I went to register more than three times..
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by pretydiva(f): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
Op I will advice 2 port 2 other networks. U have glo,airtel n Etisalat 2 make ur choice frm
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by princetom1(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
Nonsense, as for me, i just threw the yeye sim away, mine was twice
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by SalomonKane: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2016
daybam01:
It's actually a sad thing. Seeing how this set of companies do what they can not do in another country.

I'm curious though, we didn't you complain? If I were you I wouldn't have gone there to re-register my line, I would have gone there to complain.

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by bennymark(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2016
Call NCC on 622

daybam01:
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tofolo(m): 7:43am On Oct 17, 2016
I have said it severally, its either Nigerian Govt, should just nationalise MTN or NLC should do something.
daybam01:
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by SalomonKane: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2016
amuokuko:
I can't believe the OP is complaining..

I have registered my line twice nd some weeks back I got an sms advising Me to register again which I replied them thou it did not go through..

The last thing I will do if they eventually block me is to visit their office..

Nah immediate porting get me..
LOL. I've received this same message countless times...

2 Likes

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by UjSizzle(f): 8:02am On Oct 17, 2016
Don't mind the mumu network. After registering my line three times, they began sending me messages to register again last week.
I've decided not to do anything. If they block the line, so be it.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by harffie(m): 8:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Babysheart:
That's why you have the choice of porting. Re-register, then port the number to another better network.

Don't waste time.
I did mine like 5 times, yet these guys started messaging me a fortnight ago..lol I ain't doing sh!t
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by UjSizzle(f): 8:04am On Oct 17, 2016
here:
As much your life doesn't depend on it,port.
They attempted it with me last year after using a line for 12years.All you need do is try to register and the moment it's opened port so you maintain your line.
If you sue,how can you prove they blocked your line when the technology is with them.
A relation was reliably inform that all 0803 has that problem of being updated as they are old lines,so except you want to keep having this problem and complaining online daily, port atleast we all get to have peace.
Hmm very good idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NCC Begins Number Portability / 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer / Airtel Blackberry Complete As Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.