Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

More To Boko Haram Insurgency Than Millitary Actions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / More To Boko Haram Insurgency Than Millitary Actions (694 Views)

Buhari Is Fighting Corruption, Insurgency - Obasanjo / LATEST News"boko Haram Insurgency-us Sells N181bn Warplanes, Weapons To Nigeria / Another Young Soldier Fallen To Boko Haram (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More To Boko Haram Insurgency Than Millitary Actions by 1afrika: 11:37am On Oct 16, 2016
Have you ever think of why someone will wake up in the morning with keen suicidal or genocidal mission?
I've find it difficult to accept the various hypotheses on the aetiology of BH insurgency.
An interview of some female CJTF: www.punchng.com made me ask myself again "are military actions all we need to manage this crisis? "

CJTF A
What experience can you recall in the course of discharging your duties?

There was a time at Garba Satomi street in Maiduguri. We discovered a woman who hid a pistol under wig. What surprises me is that some of the insurgents are people I know as babies. [/b] I even strapped some of them at my back. It is really sad that those babies are now bearing arms against their country.[b]

CJTF B
What led you to join the CJTF?

I am one of the pioneer members of the CJTF. When Boko Haram members were killing residents, we were all afraid to reveal their identities to the soldiers. [/b] But later, I and some of my friends summoned courage and started exposing them. [b] At the time, security forces were threatening to kill us if we did not expose the insurgents.

When we discovered that exposing them was yielding results, we courageously joined the formation. Though no member of my family was lost to insurgency, the killing of two of my neighbours, one Garba and a policeman, Amadu, by the insurgents really touched me. I desire to contribute hugely to the betterment of society.

CJTF C
When did you join the CJTF?

I joined the formation in the early days of its formation. I joined when a sister, Hajju Mohammed, and her husband; a police personnel, Ahmed, were killed by Boko Haram in Gamboru Customs area of Maiduguri. Her husband was killed while on a routine patrol.

Also, a friend and three of my neighbours were killed by the insurgents. All these irked me and eventually made me resolve to work against the insurgents by exposing them. I did not face any resistance from my relations when I decided to join.

CJTF D
What made you join the CJTF?

I joined the formation when my elder brother, Ibrahim Tijjani, was killed by Boko Haram at Dala area in Maiduguri. The loss made me vow to expose them so that peace can be restored.

In another interview of some IDPs last year, a woman claimed they were initially made to contribute foodstuffs and money to support BH before they were being threatened when they could no longer afford it.
FROM the ABOVE EXCERPTS, IS IT WRONG TO SAY BH MEMEBERS WERE KNOWN IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD FROM THE OUTSET?
WAS IT NOT THE LAISSEZ FAIRE ATTITIDES OF THE GOVERNMENT, TRADITIONAL RULERS AND THE CITIZENRY THAT MADE IT A FULL BLOWN CRISIS?
HOW WERE THOSE ARMOUR TANKS AND WEAPONRY DISPLAYED IN BH RELEASED VIDEO CLIPS TRANSPORTED THERE?

DO WE THINK THAT "THING" THAT MADE A PREVIOUSLY HARMLESS MAN KILL HIS NEIGHBOURS HAS BEEN UPROOTED?
MAY ALLAH MAKE OUR BELOVED COUNTRY PEACEFUL. AMEEN.
PEACE.
Re: More To Boko Haram Insurgency Than Millitary Actions by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 16, 2016
undecided
Re: More To Boko Haram Insurgency Than Millitary Actions by Nsonaso(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
1afrika:
Have you ever think of why someone will wake up in the morning with keen suicidal or genocidal mission?
I've find it difficult to accept the various hypotheses on the aetiology of BH insurgency.
An interview of some female CJTF: www.punchng.com made me ask myself again "are military actions all we need to manage this crisis? "

CJTF A
What experience can you recall in the course of discharging your duties?

There was a time at Garba Satomi street in Maiduguri. We discovered a woman who hid a pistol under wig. What surprises me is that some of the insurgents are people I know as babies. [/b] I even strapped some of them at my back. It is really sad that those babies are now bearing arms against their country.[b]

CJTF B
What led you to join the CJTF?

I am one of the pioneer members of the CJTF. When Boko Haram members were killing residents, we were all afraid to reveal their identities to the soldiers. [/b] But later, I and some of my friends summoned courage and started exposing them. [b] At the time, security forces were threatening to kill us if we did not expose the insurgents.

When we discovered that exposing them was yielding results, we courageously joined the formation. Though no member of my family was lost to insurgency, the killing of two of my neighbours, one Garba and a policeman, Amadu, by the insurgents really touched me. I desire to contribute hugely to the betterment of society.

CJTF C
When did you join the CJTF?

I joined the formation in the early days of its formation. I joined when a sister, Hajju Mohammed, and her husband; a police personnel, Ahmed, were killed by Boko Haram in Gamboru Customs area of Maiduguri. Her husband was killed while on a routine patrol.

Also, a friend and three of my neighbours were killed by the insurgents. All these irked me and eventually made me resolve to work against the insurgents by exposing them. I did not face any resistance from my relations when I decided to join.

CJTF D
What made you join the CJTF?

I joined the formation when my elder brother, Ibrahim Tijjani, was killed by Boko Haram at Dala area in Maiduguri. The loss made me vow to expose them so that peace can be restored.

In another interview of some IDPs last year, a woman claimed they were initially made to contribute foodstuffs and money to support BH before they were being threatened when they could no longer afford it.
FROM the ABOVE EXCERPTS, IS IT WRONG TO SAY BH MEMEBERS WERE KNOWN IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD FROM THE OUTSET?
WAS IT NOT THE LAISSEZ FAIRE ATTITIDES OF THE GOVERNMENT, TRADITIONAL RULERS AND THE CITIZENRY THAT MADE IT A FULL BLOWN CRISIS?
HOW WERE THOSE ARMOUR TANKS AND WEAPONRY DISPLAYED IN BH RELEASED VIDEO CLIPS TRANSPORTED THERE?

DO WE THINK THAT "THING" THAT MADE A PREVIOUSLY HARMLESS MAN KILL HIS NEIGHBOURS HAS BEEN UPROOTED?
MAY ALLAH MAKE OUR BELOVED COUNTRY PEACEFUL. AMEEN.
PEACE.

I saw your post on Oga mikky thread, I can help you make purchase on aliexpress. Research about my credibility on Nairaland here or on facebook

(1) (Reply)

Insulting Nigerian By Nigerians Should Stop - Ogunmola / Nollywood Actresses Celebrated The Arrest Of Seun Egbegbe For Stealing Iphones I / Malaysia's Crown Prince Tunku Ismail Mock Islamic Hardliners In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.