Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Relevance And Appeal To Employers Of The FRM Certification - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Relevance And Appeal To Employers Of The FRM Certification (551 Views)

In Search Of Relevance: The Nigerian Youth In Today’s World / Ict Skills Of Relevance / I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relevance And Appeal To Employers Of The FRM Certification by greatdude: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Happy Sunday people. Heard about FRM and all the good stuff that its going to be very hot in demand in the coming times and because I'm in the banking sector (branch operations specifically) I'm thinking about enrolling for the exam in a bid to make way to other specialized units in the banking sector or even Consultancy Firms that have risk depts)(don't know much about consultancy firms). Whilst one part of me says to go for it, another part of me says its not well recognized and people dont know the value of the certification just yet and that's why I thought to seek counsel from this Great site. Would you advise me to pursue this program or the more traditional ICAN or MBA for the purpose highlighted above. I also stumbled upon another risk certification, CRMA and I'm not sure which one is the more appealing to employers at the moment. What do you think?
Re: Relevance And Appeal To Employers Of The FRM Certification by davide470(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
@Greatdude,

FRM is a specialized certification that would be quite useful in the field of - 'Risk'.
ERP for the Energy Sector.

Since you intend to move to Risk/Compliance, then go for it but it does not make sense to write the exam with the notion that it is "highly demanded" in the financial sector.

It is quite difficult though, as i heard. One of my senior colleagues has the certification and her head is always hot.
Re: Relevance And Appeal To Employers Of The FRM Certification by greatdude: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Thanks a bunch David

(1) (Reply)

Employment Opportunities / . / Win An Infinix Zero Phone For Your Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.