Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) (5354 Views)

Range Rover And Mercedes C Class For Sale / Free Servicing, Free Labour And Diagnosis For Your Toyota And Mercedes / See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:

The R129 was from 1989 to 2001, while the R230 was from 2001 to 2010/11.

I prefer the W129. I'm actually thinking of buying one. But, I have no idea how much it costs.

bring money
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Yes, the new E-class and the S-class look quite similar from the front. But you could always tell the difference, before looking at the rear lights. The E-class is smaller. But I get your point. The C, E, and S have similar looks. In fact, the new models of Mercedes-Benz, except the G-class, all have similar headlamps. It was never like that before.

But, don't forget, the S-class W140, and the E-class W124 look virtually the same. The S is just significantly bigger.

I don't mind that the manual transmission was changed, I'm not a fan of manual. Lol.

The GLE Coupe... With the front like a Benz, and the rear like a BMW X6. Not a fan!
now your gender doubts return...
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Lol, I'm every bit a female. I've been obsessed with cars, especially Mercedes-Benz since I was 7.

I didn't understand much back then, but for some reason, I always found Benz very fascinating!
seeing is believing...
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Yes, the new E-class and the S-class look quite similar from the front. But you could always tell the difference, before looking at the rear lights. The E-class is smaller. But I get your point. The C, E, and S have similar looks. In fact, the new models of Mercedes-Benz, except the G-class, all have similar headlamps. It was never like that before.

But, don't forget, the S-class W140, and the E-class W124 look virtually the same. The S is just significantly bigger.

I don't mind that the manual transmission was changed, I'm a fan of manual. Lol.

The GLE Coupe... With the front like a Benz, and the rear like a BMW X6. Not a fan!
hmmm
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
NgcoboP:

hmmm

Stop being childish by quoting and editing my posts. You're too old to keep constituting a nuisance.

Get a life, my dear.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Stop being childish by quoting and editing my posts. You're too old to keep constituting a nuisance.

Get a life, my dear.
you are starting another conflict
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Jakumo(m): 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
Some of the slightly condescending comments made about Lady Mercedes, expressing surprise that a MERE woman could be so familiar with cars, are all indications of extremely outdated and old-fashioned, chauvinistic prejudice against a full 50% of planet Earth's population - the women.

In a short while, America's first female president, Hillary Clinton, WILL assume office in the White House, at her rightful seat behind the legendary oak desk, made from salvaged ship timbers, that sits center stage in the Oval Office. As the good year 2017 rolls around, the most powerful man on Earth will be a WOman called Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As presidents exchange batons within the US, this great nation's armed forces fight the good fight, keeping the forces of fanaticism on the back foot all around the globe, and, at the pointed end of the spear, some of the most formidable front-line jet fighter aircraft are piloted by WOMEN, some of who possess combat flying skills to match those of ANY male jet jockey, living or dead.

So, brethren gentlemen of the Trouser Trout Fraternity, it is time to accept that the world has indeed turned, and a new day is here, in which the capacity and ingenuity of human intellect has leveled the once sloping field of play between the genders, such that being male is not so much of an advantage anymore where it really counts, and when the chips are down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by lonelydora: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:
cheesy grin

That's because we have impeccable taste! cool

I can't speak for all Igbo men. But, my dad LOVES Mercedes-Benz. He once owned a BMW, and a Volkswagen. After buying a Mercedes-Benz E-class W124 (the V-Boot), he said there's no way in hell he'd use another make of German machines.

I know back then, when I was much younger, if you have a Benz, you've "arrived". Especially the S-Class W140 (the Beast), the E-class (W124), and S-class W126 (Concord).

Mercedes-Benz is a very prestigious make. It's for people with TASTE! You see comparisons between Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, and Rolls Royce. I don't think I've ever seen any comparisons between BMW, or VW, or Audi, and Rolls Royce.

When you talk about class, you mention Mercedes, before Audi, or BMW. VW is child's play!

No matter how many cars you've got in your compound, if there's no Benz, you don't have any car. tongue

How do I take you out and buy you sharwama? It's often said 'Mercedes and Others'.

Can't wait to take delivery of my 2010 C300.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
lonelydora:

How do I take you out and buy you sharwama? It's often said 'Mercedes and Others'.

Can't wait to take delivery of my 2010 C300.

When you do take delivery of it, we'll paint the town red in it. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
Jakumo:
Some of the slightly condescending comments made about Lady Mercedes, expressing surprise that a MERE woman could be so familiar with cars, are all indications of extremely outdated and old-fashioned, chauvinistic prejudice against a full 50% of planet Earth's population - the women.

In a short while, America's first female president, Hillary Clinton, WILL assume office in the White House, at her rightful seat behind the legendary oak desk, made from salvaged ship timbers, that sits center stage in the Oval Office. As the good year 2017 rolls around, the most powerful man on Earth will be a WOman called Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As presidents exchange batons within the US, this great nation's armed forces fight the good fight, keeping the forces of fanaticism on the back foot all around the globe, and, at the pointed end of the spear, some of the most formidable front-line jet fighter aircraft are piloted by WOMEN, some of who possess combat flying skills to match those of ANY male jet jockey, living or dead.

So, brethren gentlemen of the Trouser Trout Fraternity, it is time to accept that the world has indeed turned, and a new day is here, in which the capacity and ingenuity of human intellect has leveled the once sloping field of play between the genders, such that being male is not so much of an advantage anymore where it really counts, and when the chips are down.

Thanks a lot, Jakumo. You couldn't have said it any better.

What a gentleman! smiley
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Malayy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
there was this black Mercedes Benz I used to see. the first time I saw it, I fell in love with.. it was out for sale.. since I can't afford a car for now, I resorted to fantasy. I would imagine owning the car. driving it round the town and state.. I like the exterior design. the tire and everything.. I need to make money fast, so I will live my dream.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by lonelydora: 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
LadyMercedes:

When you do take delivery of it, we'll paint the town red in it. grin

Gbagaun! Not only Red, but all the seven colours of rainbow.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Folarinibrahim1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2016
uboma:

grin

The Hausa man is gradually falling in love with Mercedes Benz.
hmmmm...... Okay Ooo, I learnt hausa men and Honda are 5&6
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Lezzjnr: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
Folarinibrahim1:
Have been thinking lately why most igbo men like Mercedes Benz. Have seen an igbo man compound in lagos with Gwagon, S500 and a space bus R(something). I just stood there thinking What's really special about Mercedes-Benz that igbos couldn't resist.
You haven't driven a Mercedes, you haven't driven a car yet.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Lezzjnr: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jakumo:

Ouch!!! Must have been a crunching disappointment! grin
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Jakumo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Lezzjnr:

Ouch!!! Must have been a crunching disappointment! grin

I never knew what hit me. When those election results were released to the public, I felt as though I had confidently stepped into the ring with someone who turned out to be a black belt, unbeknownst to me.

Nonetheless I still grasp at those last few straws of fading hope that amid allegations of voting machine hacks by the Ruskies, an unprecedented vote recount will reverse the initially announced election result at the 11th hour, before the Man With BIG Hands can be sworn in, such that our Iron Lady Hillary swoops to the rescue astride a galloping steed, in a classic a movie script ending, complete with flute and violin sound-track.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by BamBamK: 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
loool

Jakumo:

I never knew what hit me. When those election results were released to the public, I felt as though I had confidently stepped into the ring with someone who turned out to be a black belt, unbeknownst to me.

Nonetheless I still grasp at those last few straws of fading hope that amid allegations of voting machine hacks by the Ruskies, an unprecedented vote recount will reverse the initially announced election result at the 11th hour, before the Man With BIG Hands can be sworn in, such that our Iron Lady Hillary swoops to the rescue astride a galloping steed, in a classic a movie script ending, complete with flute and violin sound-track.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need To Retrieve Radio Unlock Code For My 2003 Acura Tl / Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry / Anything wrong with Having/owning A Toyota Camry 2004 (big Daddy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.