Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man (33519 Views)

Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Why I Rejected The Food My Wife Made For Me - Nigerian Man (Photos) / Is It Wrong For My Husband To Wash My Panties? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by anthonydunamis: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2016

I consider myself to be a very conservative person. Some people even call me old-fashioned. I grew up believing that a woman should be the one cooking, taking care of the kids, etc. However I didn't have this perception because I considered women inferior. I just felt that was the right thing, maybe based on the traditional values inherent in the African society. I also believed that the man should be the main- if not only- contributor of money in the family. That was years ago.

Today, as a married man, my views have completely changed. One weekend, my wife was doing house chores while I was on my laptop working on my novel, trying to meet a deadline. Although I was focused on my work, at the back of my mind I noticed that the sound of plates changed to the sound of a broom and then the sound of clothes being washed. Immediately, I was alarmed. I thought, 'Wait, is she doing all that work alone?! And she never called for assistance?!' Immediately, I left what I was doing and told her to stop, take a rest and tell me what was left to do so that I could do it.

When I was done, I realised that my mentality had changed. You see, love is always greater than a sense of 'duty'. You don't need to force a real man to share the responsibilities of house chores like washing, cleaning, taking care of the baby, cooking, etc. Any man who truly loves his wife will not be able to bear the thought of leaving her to bear the burden alone. Let us cast aside the mentality of 'this is a woman's duty, that is a man's duty'. Even the Bible supports a man washing plates (2 Kings 21:13) and a woman providing financially for the family (Prov 31:11-23).

What is most important is this: we want to achieve something and we work together to achieve it. If she earns more than I do, then she can contribute more to the family financial goals than I do. If she is working outside while I work from home or return earlier from work, why can't I be the one taking care of the baby, feeding and cleaning his/her 'bum bum' after pooing? If you think these things make you less of a man, then you were never a man in the first place. There is nothing like 'duties of a man' and 'duties of a woman'. However, for the sake of effectiveness, division of labour can be implemented but not because of 'duty'. The man can end up taking cooking responsibilities and the woman takes the work of car-washing. Doesn't matter!

On another day, my lovely wife cooked a delicious meal of very peppery Oha soup littered with pomo, fish, meat, etc etc, just the way I love it. I told her, 'Thank you so much for going to the market and cooking this food. Honestly, I'm grateful.' She looked at me, surprised and said 'Why are you thanking me for such a thing? It's my duty.' Immediately, I told her it's not her duty to cook but her choice and that's why I was very thankful. The first time I tried washing her clothes we almost had a serious disagreement. She kept saying 'It's not right, it's not right. You shouldn't wash my clothes.' Then I threatened to also restrict her from touching mine. At that point we were able to reach an agreemen.

What's the point of this message? My wife and I equally belong to the kitchen, to the living room and...well, to the other room . God bless you!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157598542060076&id=567405075

136 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by HQuadreal: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
On his own.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by eyinjuege: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Na so....
I wonder why a lot of people get bothered about doing house chores where they live, and also dropping money for utilities, rent etc to run their family, and even childcare.
Marriage should always be a joint effort for true happiness to prevail. Everyone should learn to be responsible for themselves.
Men should learn to take care of their basic needs, and women should learn to pay their bills.
If you did all these before marriage, it wouldn't be such a big deal after the marriage when you both combine resources and effort.
The main thing is achieving the common goal.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Cutehector(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Jokes apart, it's not right to wash a woman's clothes.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by dahmie2013: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
Na wa o! I just believe we will soon be free 4rm dis "other room" saga. Una go soon tire! Hmmmmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Why? What's wrong in it? ....women wash men clothes so....
Cutehector:

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
What a nice gentleman smiley....I love that smiley

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by EfemenaXY: 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice one @op. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by SirVintageCock: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Exactly!!
He should burn it and buy new one that's how real men roll.

I agree broda, I agree.
Cutehector:

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Cutehector(m): 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Why? What's wrong in it? ....women wash men clothes so....
well the men didn't put a gun to her head forcing the women to wash their clothes. They chose to.

She chose to wash his clothes, he chose to wash hers, she being a woman stopped and told him it's not right for a man to do that.. coming from a fellow woman. Now dat should speak smth into you wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Cutehector(m): 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
SirVintageCock:
Exactly!!
He should burn it and buy new one that's how real men roll.

I agree broda, I agree.
na, she should wash hers as well as her man's. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by SirVintageCock: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
What if she is incapacitated, she should continue doing the washing? I don't buy it. It is either the guy do the washing or he BURN IT and buy new ones as a big boy.
I am not yet a big boy so I wash once in a while, at a point I said Bleep it and bought a nice 20kg capacity washing machine. Just throw in the junk and get on with my life. .
Cutehector:
na, she should wash hers as well as her man's. cheesy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Cutehector(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
SirVintageCock:
What if she is incapacitated, she should continue doing the washing? I don't buy it. It is either the guy do the washing or he BURN IT and buy new ones as a big boy.
I am not yet a big boy so I wash once in a while, at a point I said Bleep it and bought a nice 20kg capacity washing machine. Just throw in the junk and get on with my life. .
washing machines ain't bad.. just that I normally handwash my whites..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lol. True that smiley
Cutehector:
well the men didn't put a gun to her head forcing the women to wash their clothes. They chose to.

She chose to wash his clothes, he chose to wash hers, she being a woman stopped and told him it's not right for a man to do that.. coming from a fellow woman. Now dat should speak smth into you wink
Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Pidggin(f): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bros, well done. You were raised well, your own kids will be great, stay blessed

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by byvan03: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Good one!

5 Likes

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Ranchhoddas: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
So because you don wash your wife cloth na you don become standard for husband behaviour abi. Sometimes ehn...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Esetim(f): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
This is really commendable. Please teach your kids how to be equally responsible. We should all work together to make the home peaceful and our spouses happy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by anthonydunamis: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So because you don wash your wife cloth na you don become standard for husband behaviour abi. Sometimes ehn...

Haba, did I say that? Where is that allegation coming from?? I only shared my experience oh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by anthonydunamis: 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pidggin:
Bros, well done. You were raised well, your own kids will be great, stay blessed

Thank you dear. You too!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by anthonydunamis: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
Cutehector:

Well, what if the woman had a wrong mentality based on how she was brought up but now it's time to upgrade? undecided Men will openly resist the idea of washing clothes now, but if sugar mummy comes along with millions they will wash every every. grin grin tongue

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Cutehector(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
anthonydunamis:

Well, what if the woman had a wrong mentality based on how she was brought up but now it's time to upgrade? undecided Men will openly resist the idea of washing clothes now, but if sugar mummy comes along with millions they will wash every every. grin grin tongue
oboy I even wash her pant join sef, Dat brown part.. I go wash am make e white grin
Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by bennyrazz: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
that you wash your wife's cloths or do house chores with her, is your prerogative. Everyman manages his house the way he deems it fit. I just hope you are able to continue what you started. Do not get to the middle and start looking back. And for those on here criticizing him, he has every right to do whatever he chose to do but my own is do not try to mislead people about how they manage their wives. Some women, you give them one yard, they take a mile and turn you to houseboy inside your own house. Just saying sha. @op, last word of advice, after you finish washing your wife's clothes, request for her undies also to complete the job done.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Florblu(f): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
This is one of the ways use in separating men from boys

12 Likes

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by mysticgal(f): 5:07am On Oct 17, 2016
Cutehector:
You mad niyen, but it's right for a woman to wash a man's clothes.....

Biko, op ride on..... "Lord bless me with a man with sense, who doesn't believe I belong to the kitchen or the other room and if he does believe so,please open his eyes to see I have completely left the whole house and currently building a Palace somewhere "Amen smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 17, 2016
op,you are a real man.

I see no big deal in that,anyone that says otherwise is very archaic.

Ever since I got married,with the enormity of house chores,it will be wicked of me to leave everything to her.

With child involved now,the workload is too much.

So every morning,either I use the laundry machine if there is electricity, or I use my hands.

I do the plates any times,in fact I do majority of the morning chores now. House help is out of it,we are young couple, so for now no family members.

I even boil water for the baby's bath.

Ever since she gave birth,till now,she hasn't washed anything called clothes..either the machine does it,or I do it.

And I love it.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2016
anthonydunamis:
I consider myself to be a very conservative person. Some people even call me old-fashioned. I grew up believing that a woman should be the one cooking, taking care of the kids, etc. However I didn't have this perception because I considered women inferior. I just felt that was the right thing, maybe based on the traditional values inherent in the African society. I also believed that the man should be the main- if not only- contributor of money in the family. That was years ago.

Today, as a married man, my views have completely changed. One weekend, my wife was doing house chores while I was on my laptop working on my novel, trying to meet a deadline. Although I was focused on my work, at the back of my mind I noticed that the sound of plates changed to the sound of a broom and then the sound of clothes being washed. Immediately, I was alarmed. I thought, 'Wait, is she doing all that work alone?! And she never called for assistance?!' Immediately, I left what I was doing and told her to stop, take a rest and tell me what was left to do so that I could do it.

When I was done, I realised that my mentality had changed. You see, love is always greater than a sense of 'duty'. You don't need to force a real man to share the responsibilities of house chores like washing, cleaning, taking care of the baby, cooking, etc. Any man who truly loves his wife will not be able to bear the thought of leaving her to bear the burden alone. Let us cast aside the mentality of 'this is a woman's duty, that is a man's duty'. Even the Bible supports a man washing plates (2 Kings 21:13) smiley and a woman providing financially for the family (Prov 31:11-23).

What is most important is this: we want to achieve something and we work together to achieve it. If she earns more than I do, then she can contribute more to the family financial goals than I do. If she is working outside while I work from home or return earlier from work, why can't I be the one taking care of the baby, feeding and cleaning his/her 'bum bum' after pooing? If you think these things make you less of a man, then you were never a man in the first place. There is nothing like 'duties of a man' and 'duties of a woman'. However, for the sake of effectiveness, division of labour can be implemented but not because of 'duty'. The man can end up taking cooking responsibilities and the woman takes the work of car-washing. Doesn't matter!

On another day, my lovely wife cooked a delicious meal of very peppery Oha soup littered with pomo, fish, meat, etc etc, just the way I love it. I told her, 'Thank you so much for going to the market and cooking this food. Honestly, I'm grateful.' She looked at me, surprised and said 'Why are you thanking me for such a thing? It's my duty.' Immediately, I told her it's not her duty to cook but her choice and that's why I was very thankful. The first time I tried washing her clothes we almost had a serious disagreement. She kept saying 'It's not right, it's not right. You shouldn't wash my clothes.' Then I threatened to also restrict her from touching mine. At that point we were able to reach an agreement.

What's the point of this message? My wife and I equally belong to the kitchen, to the living room and...well, to the other room grin. God bless you!
LOL! You're as weak as your president. If you really wanted to be a lover man, why didn't you buy washing machine? cheesy

Don't you know she will hold it against you someday if she asks you to do the same thing and you aren't willing to do so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by Cutehector(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2016
mysticgal:

Biko, op ride on..... "Lord bless me with a man with sense, who doesn't believe I belong to the kitchen or the other room and if he does believe so,please open his eyes to see I have completely left the whole house and currently building a Palace somewhere "Amen smiley
swthrt relax... i'm d sweetest guy u'd ever meet.
Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by 5minsmadness: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2016
Cutehector:
grin
Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by mysticgal(f): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2016
Cutehector:
swthrt relax... i'm d sweetest guy u'd ever meet.
grin
Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by anthonydunamis: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yomieluv:
op,you are a real man.

I see no big deal in that,anyone that says otherwise is very archaic.

Ever since I got married,with the enormity of house chores,it will be wicked of me to leave everything to her.

With child involved now,the workload is too much.

So every morning,either I use the laundry machine if there is electricity, or I use my hands.

I do the plates any times,in fact I do majority of the morning chores now. House help is out of it,we are young couple, so for now no family members.

I even boil water for the baby's bath.

Ever since she gave birth,till now,she hasn't washed anything called clothes..either the machine does it,or I do it.

And I love it.

I love the way you are living your life. Tell me, have you not gained satisfaction and peace of mind from it? Unlike some other people who only feel 'manly' by relegating their wives to a 'woman's position'. God bless you jor.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man by anthonydunamis: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
mysticgal:

grin grin grin God has answered your prayers!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.