Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help (1357 Views)

GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by xarxes(m): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello nairalanders
I need Help please
Help me get this through to GTBank management

I have been banking with GTBank itire surulere branch lagos for over 10 years now.

I have several accounts with them including corporate and domicilliary accounts.

I discovered early this year that GTBank has been charging my current account 1500 naira every month in the name of account maintenance amongst other fraudulent charges of which i complained to their customer service but nothing was done about it till today.

Secondly i also tried to do Internet banking I discovered my account has been locked I complained to their customer service they promised to unlocked it but that has not still been done for a while now. But I have done my BVN in Nigeria and i have used the account while in lagos without any restrictive so I don't understand why it should be locked.

Thirsty i also tried to use my GTB naira Mastercard abroad via ATM, POS and Online it didn't work. I know I have plenty of funds in there and the card is not expired or in active. I complained they said I need to activate my card in Nigeria before i can use it. I know very well that I activated my card before traveling but they said they couldn't do anything about it.

I have called my account Officer too several times he couldn't do anything about all what I listed above even their GTBank connect customer service can't even help.

Please why is GTBank trying to rip me off at this time?
Why is GTBank trying to frustrate me now?
Why is GTBank trying to leave me stranded abroad?
Is it their new policy to frustrate their loyal customers now?

As it is now I can't use my GTB naira Mastercard to purchase anything here not even to withdraw at the ATM. I cant do funds Transfer. Please am stranded abroad and GTBank is responsible for this.

Please help me get this across to GTBank management.
Something has to be done urgently. This is bad for their image. I use to believe GTBank was the best in Nigeria.

Please Front page this is urgent

Thank you NL

Lalasticala
Seun
Mynd44
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
In Michael Jackson's Voice:

You're not alone...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by Lajet: 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
I can't also withdraw with my GTB naira Mastercard for more than 3 months now. i have called there customer care the told me that i can't use my GTB naira Mastercard in some countries
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by xarxes(m): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lajet:
I can't also withdraw with my GTB naira Mastercard for more than 3 months now. i have called there customer care the told me that i can't use my GTB naira Mastercard in some countries

Am in the US presently I can't even use the card for anything not even Amazon but they claimed I could use it anywhere abroad that accepts Mastercard why the deception from GTBank?
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by Lajet: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
xarxes:

Am in the US presently I can't even use the card for anything not even Amazon but they claimed I could use it anywhere abroad that accepts Mastercard why the deception from GTBank?

I called Gtb Customer care so many times they told me that i will be not be able to use my Naira MasterCard. now is almost 3 months or more than 3 months i'm not able to use my Naira MasterCard outside Nigeria . This is very bad
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by xarxes(m): 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Front page please GTBank must do something about this please
Lalasticala
Seun
Mynd44
Please do something
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by ExplicitContent: 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Go to the their facebook and twitter page and complain.. and watch the magic... also if this thread can be move to frontpage it will help

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by Peterwins(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
GTBank have suspended international card usage from 14/10/2016 according to http://abokifx.com/ as at the last time I checked the site. However verify from their (GTbank) website and other media channels. The suspension is directly linked to CBN inconsistent policies. While they give plausible reasons for all these policy flip-flops, the CBN, banks, bureau de change operators, IMTOs, etc are all making a kill from these financial chaos. The more fx chaos the more profit is made from fx transactions. Before it was oil subsidy fraud now its fx fraud (round-tripping) going on unabated.

However I don't think the mastercard dollar denominated cards are affected since the users fund these dollar denominated cards directly with their own fx sources. Kindly request for this dollar denominated card next time to save yourself from the current fx quagmire.
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by ExplicitContent: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
WTF!!! Who else is trapped in this.. what is happening... after a long nap I woke up to my phone to see series of debit alerts from gtb...
Cumulatively making 10,000... 5 debit alerts with amts range from 800 to 2000 in every debit...
At first I think say na them credit card scammers dun get me but with doubt to thaat I have confirmed and it was gtb deducting my money for real .. for what now!!!
Re: Gtbank Is Trying To Frustrate Me Abroad. Please Help by ExplicitContent: 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
ExplicitContent:
WTF!!! Who else is trapped in this.. what is happening... after a long nap I woke up to my phone to see series of debit alerts from gtb...
Cumulatively making 10,000... 5 debit alerts with amts range from 800 to 2000 in every debit...
At first I think say na them credit card scammers dun get me but with doubt to thaat I have confirmed and it was gtb deducting my money for real .. for what now!!!

Issue rectified .. money refunded.....Cray guys. De gamble with customer emotions angry

(1) (Reply)

With Just 5,000 Start Operating Quickteller Paypoint Agent / 3 Business That Can Make You Over 450k Monthly Richer... Right Here In Nigeria / Are You An Entrepreneur Or A 9-5 Person?-Rotimi Williams, CEO Kereksuk Rice Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.