Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Murder: What Makes It Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Murder: What Makes It Wrong? (430 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murder: What Makes It Wrong? by jonbellion(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2016
Now one common thing I've noticed when believers argue with atheists or agnostics is that they feel that they think morality is subjective. They can be like " if you don't believe in God then why aren't you out murderung people cuz in your worldview murder isn't wrong and morality is subjective" then the unbeliever cries and runs home to momma cuz his sucker ass just got owned embarassed . But now would the believer say murder is wrong because it's wrong OR murder is wrong because God says it's wrong. According to Eutrypho dilemma if murder is wrong whether or not God says so them morality doesn't require God. But if murder is wrong because God says so then morality is arbitrary. Now if you feel that murder is wrong because it's against Gods nature and since God decides his nature then morality is still arbitrary. If God then doesn't decide his nature then that means his that his nature was not controlled by him meaning God is not a requisite of morality. If you want to be honest you'd know that God has murdered a lot of people in the bible. Christians counter this by resorting to special pleading a logical fallacy btw an example of what a christian would say is that "God created them so he has the right to do whatever he wants. Basically he gives life and takes life". Ummmmmmm okay that's great so basically everything happens according to Gods plan for your life which is Good it's not hypocritical for a parent to drink a beer and then not allow a child to. This is true. This is the case of the Abrahamic God cuz basically "his ways are not our ways" but then murder isn't actually wrong because as long as the abrahamic God exists then not only is murder not wrong but it's totally justifiable and morally inconsequential since God has a greater plan for our lives and we are supposed to let his will be done cuz it is ultimately good. However an unbeliever like myself doesn't believe in an afterlife means i feel that this life is all we have. If I murder someone all their hopes, dreams and whatever they want to accomplish would be wasted. If I murder someone my only chance of life would be wasted by being in prison. All their memories would be wasted. This is the ultimate violation and sheer empathy alone would make this a highly untenable proposition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murder: What Makes It Wrong? by felixomor: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Please, if a policeman kills a notorious serial killer during an operation, can the policeman be called a murderer?

Just asking!
Re: Murder: What Makes It Wrong? by jonbellion(m): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:
Please, if a policeman kills a notorious serial killer during an operation, can the policeman be called a murderer?

Just asking!
it wasn't unlawful so it isn't. Police don't really have the licence to take life but a lot of them still do in the case of the serial killer it wasn't unjust it might even be counted as manslaughter. On the other hand if you lived in nazi Germany during world war 2 and you lied about keeping a jew for their safety would you say what you did was wrong?
Re: Murder: What Makes It Wrong? by felixomor: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
it wasn't unlawful so it isn't. Police don't really have the licence to take life but a lot of them still do in the case of the serial killer it wasn't unjust it might even be counted as manslaughter. On the other hand if you lived in nazi Germany during world war 2 and you lied about keeping a jew for their safety would you say what you did was wrong?

"It isnt"
Thank God u accept its not "murder".

Thanks for the answer.
I rest my case for the now.

(1) (Reply)

Forsaking The Way? / The Bible The Most Purchased Book-rick Warren / New Christian Convert And His Family Attacked For Leaving Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.