Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship (7144 Views)

Tears In Nigerian Law School As Benue State Students Cry For Bursary Allawee / 2016/2017 OSOPADEC Bursary/scholarship Application Is Now Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by DONSMITH123(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Monday approved the payment of bursary and local scholarship to Lagos State indigenes in tertiary institutions across the country.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Education, Mr. Obafela Bank-Olemoh, told newsmen that the beneficiaries would be fresh applicants and others receiving subsequent payment.

Bank-Olemoh listed the beneficiaries to include 2015/2016 set and other sets receiving second and third payments for years 2013/2014 and 2014/2015.

He said that the state government was committed to sustaining the scholarship and bursary scheme in spite of the economic situation of the country.

He said that the governor is committed to ensuring that indigenes are empowered through education to contribute productively to the local and global economies.

He said, “The timely release of the awards demonstrates the priority the administration of Gov. Ambode accords to educating its citizens.”

Giving a breakdown of the payment, the Executive Secretary of Lagos State Scholarship Board, Mr. Steven Oshinowo, said that the State Government would disburse the sum of N250, 523, 287.99 to 6,368 beneficiaries as bursary award.

Oshinowo also said that N130, 166, 386.56 in local scholarships would be disbursed to 573 successful candidates who took part in the 2015/2016 Local Scholarship Computer- Based Screening Test.

According to him, these sums will accommodate the backlog of outstanding bursary and scholarship payments, as well as current awards for fresh and subsequent beneficiaries.

He said, “We urge beneficiaries to exercise patience as disbursement of the funds will commence in three weeks, at which time beneficiaries will be invited to present relevant documentation to receive their bursary or scholarship awards.”

Earlier this year, over 689 bursary beneficiaries of 2011/2012 set were paid along with 60 students from the School of the Blind and 54 others on Sport Scholarship.

In 2015, the state government also paid N660 million to over 8,567 indigent beneficiaries as bursary and scholarship.

http://punchng.com/ambode-approves-n380m-bursary-scholarship/

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by SweetLove0(f): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
ok
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by phetto(m): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
D only workin governor

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
hmm, hope I will get my own share .....at the space booker above me, well done !!!!
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Benjom(m): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lagos State money is tantamount to Arab money... No other state in Nigeria has the energy to be as self-sufficient as this state.

Get your desired job effortlessly with a unique CV Rewrite by the Best CV Writer in Nigeria (with proofs). See Samples and over 30 Raw Testimonials:

www..com/cv-samples/

www..com/testimonials/

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ope oooo..we've been waiting for dat money....tipetipe

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by d33types: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lagos is a working economy.. #norecession
While lots of states are slashing payments,cutting jobs, Lagos is doing the opposite

Lagos governors are the standard for good governance, and at this rate ,PDP will not bother contesting in 2019.

My state has done nothing wrong but having the biggest crooks as governors. With the 3rd highest IGR and 3rd highest FG allocation, my delta is still owing salaries, no new roads or schools, hospital consultants are perpetually striking. We are constantly būtt fùcked by the government.

9 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by flokii: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Leaders are born not made..

This is a man that values education, future of coming generations unlike some who believe in stomach infrastructure.

In other news, Fayose plans to feed 5000 Ipad yoots with Nsukabag bread next week. *Not joking o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by johnwizey: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nice one Ambo, waiting for Amosun

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by IamPatriotic(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
The money will go along way in this recession, God bless Ambode, the trusted consolidator, unlike the Actualizer that is betraying the pathfinder because of plate of portage.

Lagos the capital of our dreamed republic.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Femich18(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lagos state is always ahead of the rest...most States are owing salaries and lasgidi is paying bursary... Lagos state will soon buy up this country one day

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by olusegzy01(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ambo is working,Lagos is progressing ,wailers are observing ....God bless Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by birmingham04: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is the good work of Tinubu, he laid the solid foundation. How i wish if pmb listen to Tinubu Nigeria wouldn't had been in this mess. Whether you people like it or not Tinubu is an achiever,a great politician with a great ideology.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by JingoOAU(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thumb up to the late Agagu of Ondo State for something like this

He was paying 5k for bursary and 25k for scholarship...very transparent

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by canalily(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
2011 when we were serving, we told our governor in kogi state that we need bursary....angry the governor said he will he wil provide us busesgringrin

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
d33types:
Lagos is a working economy.. #norecession
While lots of states are slashing payments,cutting jobs, Lagos is doing the opposite
Lagos governors are the standard for good governance, and at this rate ,PDP will not bother contesting in 2019.
My state has done nothing wrong but having the biggest crooks as governors. With the 3rd highest IGR and 3rd highest FG allocation, my delta is still owing salaries, no new roads or schools, hospital consultants are perpetually striking. We are constantly being būtt bleeped by the government.
grin grin
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by okazuu(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
wike it's your turn now do the needful

i want to go to the other room
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Vilshow(m): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
When other states are yet to pay salaries.
GOD bless Mr Ambode
Checkout my Signature

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by tonaydo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
nice move
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Vilshow(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
handsomeclouds:

grin grin
Bro delta still better my state OYO is still battling to run a University. LAUTECH has been on strike for the past four month, come to think of it the Institution is co-owned with Osun state.
SMH to OYSG. Bad leaders everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by adeoba2008(m): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lagos to me is not aware o any economic recession. The fine from those arrested by KAI can sustain Ekiti for a year

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Sanuzi(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
wow. na real recession oooooooooooo
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by OkoYibo: 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Someone would enter Ekene dili shuku night bus and land at Jibowu and call Lagos no-man's land just because you rented a 2 by 2 shop at Ladipo.

Ambode is paying bursaries to Lagos Indigenes. I hope those lunatics that shout 'Lagos is no-man's land' go and collect theirs also?

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by wunmi590(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Very good one, once a beneficiary.

Still waiting to collect more during my masters program

Proud lagocian

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Vilshow:

Bro delta still better my state OYO is still battling to run a University. LAUTECH has been on strike for the past four month, come to think of it the Institution is co-owned with Osun state.
SMH to OYSG. Bad leaders everywhere
grin grin grin
And what's my own with all these states sef
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Ikigia: 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lagos indigenous students will be dancing on seeing this news. lol

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by niyi123: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is one of those things that still make believe that lagos belong to the yorubas and yorubas belong to lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Kriztovar13(m): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Another Tinubu boy...

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by oloworulz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
nice one ambode. I love this. my brother is already on one. time to recognize ur own. proudly lagosian . isale eko. plz check the shape of their head, some ppul will be claiming indigene.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
pls......how can we apply for it?!!! somebody help ooo
Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by seguno2: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
birmingham04:
This is the good work of Tinubu, he laid the solid foundation. How i wish if pmb listen to Tinubu Nigeria wouldn't had been in this mess. Whether you people like it or not Tinubu is an achiever,a great politician with a great ideology.

Can you please confirm that Tinubu paid scholarships like this during his eight years as governor?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship by seguno2: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
oloworulz:
nice one ambode. I love this. my brother is already on one. time to recognize ur own. proudly lagosian . isale eko. plz check the shape of their head, some ppul will be claiming indigene.

Is it by indigenes or TAX paying residents/parents for five years or more?
How many Lagosians resident in the US, UK, Canada etc benefit from reduced school fees and tuition aid even though they are obviously not indigenes?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its Brisket Bone Not Biscuit Bone / Maduka University founder, Dr. Sam Maduka Onyishi, Receives An Honorary Award / Free Post Utme Past Questions And Answers: Maths, English, Lit., Physics, Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.