Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (38066 Views)

Observe Prayers Online — CAN Tells Churches / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
Spots on! Preach on preacher!! #tell the pastorpreneurs the BITTER TRUTH!!!
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by walexsho(m): 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
stagger:

Even if the school was built with tithes and offerings, I maintain it again: ANY MAN WORTH HIS SALT SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY FOR HIS KID'S EDUCATION AND NOT WAIT FOR FREE SCHOOLS FROM ANYWHERE, CHURCH INCLUDED!

The responsibility of ending poverty in a society is the government through effective policy formulation. It is not the responsibility of any church to do so.

Go to Ota. Winners built the roads around there. Redeemed had to repair a portion of a Lagos-Ibadan express road. The list goes on and on; churches doing what govt ought to be doing. Is that not why people voted for APC?

Winners Did Wot? Built roads around there? For your Information,I live in Otta. Its a professional lie that they construct the roads around there. All I can say is that they should make the fee affordable for there members if not Everyone. You will notice their so called Institutions are still being attended by members who pay Millions of Naira as tithe and offering.
come to think of it, They pay exorbitant amount as tuition but can still not outshine the Govt owned institutions, They cant even produce an Inventor of Biro.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by raphieMontella: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
stagger:
The man putting up the sign posts is very stupid!

Are buildings, school books paid for with stones? Are the salaries of teachers or the infrastructure in these schools which no government (Federal, State or Local) can provide paid for with sand? On what basis should education provided by churches be free?

Scholarships are given by these schools based on academic excellence. If you want your children to attend those schools, go and hustle and pay for your children's education or you groom them to be smart enough to win scholarships. Simple.

It is the responsibility of parents to pay for their children's fees. My father was a real man and paid for all our fees without hoping for a church to put up a free school so his children can attend.

If the person who put up these signposts believes his wife should be in the kitchen or the other room, then the productive time he is wasting going around to put up signposts should be used to hustle to pay his kids' fees.

Any man who is busy with his wife in the other room producing babies should be man enough to get money to pay for their fees and not rely on a church to do that for him.

Stupid man!
illogical!...veryy illogical of you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by raphieMontella: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
saintdennis:

Bro you're kidding right?

They got the land free from a redeem member?

Got bags of cement free from mfm members?

Abeg no lemme laugh.

Better you say it didn't get all its funding from church members

But even at that NO BANK will give them loan of that magnitude without adequate collateral...

So WHAT DO U THINK THEY WILL USE AS COLLATERAL? What economic model do u think they'll present as source of funding?

Thus it's the church members that built covenant uni...simple
i taya...the man is rich enough to help a full state!
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by teepsee(f): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

Nigerian churches makes over 5 trillion per year.. Cant that fpund our complete education and health system??
OK
oglalasioux:

Where does tithes, offerings and donations go? Money from sales of stickers, uniforms, books, holy water, relics, prayer recharge cards (Mbaka) and the rest; what does the church use the tax free money they make for? If they are not wiring the money to God they should use it as the man suggests.
but did you guys think that will sustain the quality of education for a long time?
Do you know that maintenance is a very big problem in Nigeria? It would have been better they pick few poor people randomly from different denominations of the churches and give them free education while others pay stipulated amount, at least this will keep the rate of population in flocks in check
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Dokitadotun: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
These Schools cannot be free for obvious reasons. First they need to raise the standard of the schools and that means paying professors, assoc prof, etc. They will need to employ experience people from university background meaning they will likely leave wherever they are to start these schools.
Second, Researches have to be done in the school which cost money or else the aim of the academic activities is defeated.
Is anyone here ready to sacrifice his or her certificate to lecture in these schools for meager amount?
What the church can do is to increase the number of scholarships they give out yearly.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Alajiki(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
themall:
Tell Them, Add yours, quote me...

Redeemed Blood University
The Apostolic University
Blood Covenant University

[b][/b]BOWleg University
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by teepsee(f): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
bigiyaro:
Park well jare! Which kind "no good tin is free" the best tins in life r free. Compare the standard of living now and that of the 50s,60s,70s, d days of free education, and health. Dats why people say the "good old days" cos tins were free and they were the best.
sir you still talking about 50s, 60s and whole not, we are talking about when everything in the world is going fine, not now that a child when sent to buy something will be expecting something from you, then you looking for free things? How will you put value on it if you don't know what it costs
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Dfinex(f): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
stagger:

Even if the school was built with tithes and offerings, I maintain it again: ANY MAN WORTH HIS SALT SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY FOR HIS KID'S EDUCATION AND NOT WAIT FOR FREE SCHOOLS FROM ANYWHERE, CHURCH INCLUDED!

The responsibility of ending poverty in a society is the government through effective policy formulation. It is not the responsibility of any church to do so.

Go to Ota. Winners built the roads around there. Redeemed had to repair a portion of a Lagos-Ibadan express road. The list goes on and on; churches doing what govt ought to be doing. Is that not why people voted for APC?

So what exactly is the church doing for the society if they won't repair the roads that they use, when even corporate organizations who pay tax don't hesitate in carrying out corporate social responsibilities ?

U sound like those fellows who will drive their range rovers and Fords, spoil the street with these heavy cars and wait for the govt to come and fix it or those that will dump their refuse on the streets and wait for sanitation agencies to come clean it up. How on earth can we develop with this kind of mindset? who is government by the way? is it not u and I, if we contribute our own little quota won't it go a long way in making the nation better?

when the missionaries came with their free education, we all enjoyed it and we never bothered about funding, we never told them that it was supposed to be govt responsibility. now someone is suggesting we do same and we are screaming blue murder.

I may not subscribe to it being totally free but the exorbitant fees these church schools are collecting is something else .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by teepsee(f): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
Samunique:
I totally agree with you!

Another thing is that, there no maturity in the way this OPM man is going about it.

Though the deed is good, but the way it's being done makes the motive looks some how.
thank you man, don't mind some people with the way they reason. If that opm of a man think it's that easy, why won't he stated a church and make it free.

How will you value something if you don't know it value. It's a decision in the right direction but bad strategy.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Ehimzy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
MARKone:
It shouldn't be entirely free. Let tuition fee be affordable, even to less privileged. Na psalms, and Ecclesiastes they go use to run the school undecided
Dude.. the money used to build the school was gotten from the church... in the same way let the money that will be used to maintain the school be gotten from the church, after all its not supposed to be a business venture recording financial profit and loss
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by walexsho(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
Dokitadotun:
These Schools cannot be free for obvious reasons. First they need to raise the standard of the schools and that means paying professors, assoc prof, etc. They will need to employ experience people from university background meaning they will likely leave wherever they are to start these schools.
Second, Researches have to be done in the school which cost money or else the aim of the academic activities is defeated.
Is anyone here ready to sacrifice his or her certificate to lecture in these schools for meager amount?
What the church can do is to increase the number of scholarships they give out yearly.
The Associate Professor should be from the church who are ready to offer the Service at a lower cost. cos some Lecturers, Lectures in about two or more Universities. But when you hear the tuition they pay at this universities, you will agree with me they should have produce thousands of Inventors
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by freeman95(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
omooba969:

How did u draw your conclusion?

with eye pencil and crayon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by oglalasioux(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:
OK
but did you guys think that will sustain the quality of education for a long time?
Do you know that maintenance is a very big problem in Nigeria? It would have been better they pick few poor people randomly from different denominations of the churches and give them free education while others pay stipulated amount, at least this will keep the rate of population in flocks in check

I agree. Will they do it? NO!
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by okazuu(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
at times the way some people reason i pity for them when they see any post about churches or pastors they will come here to display their stupidity, no church is begging you for your tithe or offering,through out this year you have not touch anybody life positively only to come here and condemn pastors and churches. if you know what most of this pastors and churches does for the society without making noise about it you will not come here and type rubbish.

hey is very easy you can use you compound or even your house to open your church and then build your free school and give the whole world free education....... rubbish
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by ebenholer(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
If Christ paid d price for our redemption, we should be able to pay d price to be lenient in studying to make ourselves approved. The grace we are enjoying now someone paid for it, it was not free. It is the ODM pastor's idea and cannot be generally accepted, though ideal but not the best. We should be ready to pay the price to get the best we can ever desire.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Daslim180(m): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
Omolola1:

You are the finest I've seen so far on Nairaland cry wink

Hmm..... Thanks dearie
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Daslim180(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Livefreeordieha:
u don over edit ur pics..even ur mama fit nor recongnize u so...see as u filter with reckless abandon..i hail ur liver ooooo.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros no mind the phone wey I take snap the pics mehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by pring: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:
I agree with him on some level, but it would have made more sense if he said they should pay less for quality education. No good thing is free, cause they have to pay the staffs and management of the school.

Nothing is ever free
Wht about the air u breath.
How much do u buy it?
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Daslim180(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
TroubleMaker47:

Who ur birthday epp

Bros if I no help you now, I fit help you later.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Originalsly: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:
I agree with him on some level, but it would have made more sense if he said they should pay less for quality education. No good thing is free, cause they have to pay the staffs and management of the school.

Nothing is ever free
What quality education? Name one... just one Church University degree or whatever that is recognized outside Nigeria.... after charging milionssss for fees. With all the money they gather from tithes and seed offerings and this and that.... education should be free and tutors well paid. Church.... robbing their followers twice... at church and at school.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by omooba969(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
freeman95:

with eye pencil and crayon

Your sarcasm isn't so impressive however hard you try to be funny.

You prolly lack comprehension skills or u simply don't understand the purpose of "HOW" in my initial question. cool
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by stagger: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Dfinex:

So what exactly is the church doing for the society if they won't repair the roads that they use, when even corporate organizations who pay tax don't hesitate in carrying out corporate social responsibilities ?

U sound like those fellows who will drive their range rovers and Fords, spoil the street with these heavy cars and wait for the govt to come and fix it or those that will dump their refuse on the streets and wait for sanitation agencies to come clean it up. How on earth can we develop with this kind of mindset? who is government by the way? is it not u and I, if we contribute our own little quota won't it go a long way in making the nation better?

when the missionaries came with their free education, we all enjoyed it and we never bothered about funding, we never told them that it was supposed to be govt responsibility. now someone is suggesting we do same and we are screaming blue murder.

I may not subscribe to it being totally free but the exorbitant fees these church schools are collecting is something else .

Oya naa. Go and put your children in free school from church.

As for me, I know my responsibilities as a man and I cannot bring children into the world and expect a church to train them for me for free.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by teepsee(f): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
Originalsly:
What quality education? Name one... just one Church University degree or whatever that is recognized outside Nigeria.... after charging milionssss for fees. With all the money they gather from tithes and seed offerings and this and that.... education should be free and tutors well paid. Church.... robbing their followers twice... at church and at school.
sir do you know that they too ate entrepreneurs? They work with profit and loss.

Maybe you should start ur own business and allow anybody to take anything they want for free.

Rather than holding your government accountable for that, take a look at SA, you are looking for churches to do that for you.

Abeg shit jowi
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
.... the truth is HERE!!!
There is something called recurrent expenditure (rent, water, electricity, salaries, supplies) you can't run a free school without having someone pay for them. Whether donors, students, etc
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by sekundosekundo: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
jonhemma11:
It is unfortunate that many schools owned by churches collect school fees from the poor masses.Not pleased with the development,OPM free schools used signpost to tell Nigerian churches that schools owned by them should be free.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/what-do-you-think-of-this-signpostphotos.html?m=1

Pls can you come and be teaching just one subject for free?. Then your request will be granted.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Ikville(m): 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
Well i dunno about FREE cos anything 'free of charge' in Naija has no value wotsoeva. I wud suggest dat running diz 'church schools' non-profit wud achieve d best of aims.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by sekundosekundo: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
Daslim180:
Don't have much to say. All I need to say is let's make life easy for each other. Meanwhile, it is my birthday ooo.

Make una celebrate gift of life with me oooo.....

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by lielbree: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
teepsee:

Nothing is ever free
An opm pupil was the best in common entrance o. Say what you know!

I'm an Anglican by the way.
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by martineinstein(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
Elxandre:

There will always be less privileged people in any country.
Children shouldn't suffer because of the misfortunes of their parents.

I ask again, should churches be building auditoriums when there are better things to help humanity with?

Missionaries did alot more than what you mentioned, and education was still Free.

Where is the logic in building schools with offering and making it clear that the schools are meant for the upper class?

We need to tell ourselves the truth and stop being sentimental!
well said.....most of these rogues/extortionists called pastors were educated because of missionary free education.....didnt they( missionary men) pay teachers? Werent they buying school materials all these excuses by members of these churches lead by rogues should stop......i could remember what happened in my church during d first sunday service of this month,when redeemers university was advertised.the chhurch became rowdy when the minimum tuition fees of 650k was announced.i asked myself:if the pricing was right and its affordable,would the congregation had grumbled uncontrollably?......this got to show that d members arent happy with the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by serial37: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2016
It should not be totally but the fee should be reduced to it barest minimum so that d common man can afford to send their children there after all d money used in building such was given freely through tithes and offerings
Re: Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Alajiki:
[b][/b]BOWleg University
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai / IPOB To Kumuyi: Don't Hold Crusade In Aba, South-East, Pray In Your Lagos Church / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.