Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (22530 Views)

What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / What Happens After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wilgrea7:

so your point is that the people who translated sheol and gehenna as hell were 100% more correct than what was in the original

Original Original Original.
Please goan make your own bible Jaare!!! tongue

And put sheol anywhere you see HELL. And gehenna anywhere you see FIRE.

You have Hebrew translation for evry false doctrine you preach.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i actually read it and i didn't see anything talking about eternal torment.. words there describing the end of the wicked are “slain", “consumed" and “carcass"... so what exactly is your point

Please read with knowledge or you don't see. It is talking about a time when The Lord Almighty will physically come to Earth and destroy the enemies and establish and rule in the New heaven and Earth. http://biblehub.com/kjv/isaiah/66.htm
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Please read with knowledge or you don't see. It is talking about a time when The Lord Almighty will physically come to Earth and destroy the enemies and establish and rule in the New heaven and Earth. http://biblehub.com/kjv/isaiah/66.htm

I've read the chapter over and over again... if you have any verse there that hints eternal torment then post it because everything I'm seeing there talks about anhilation.... CONSUMED.... CARCASS..... SLAIN.. .. so if u have anything in the chapter that hints eternal torment then please post it
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Original Original Original.
Please goan make your own bible Jaare!!! tongue

And put sheol anywhere you see HELL. And gehenna anywhere you see FIRE.

You have Hebrew translation for evry false doctrine you preach.

why would i need to make my own bible??
problem with you is that you hate to listen to facts or even research it for yourself.. i told u earlier that if u doubt me then go and research on the words translated as hell in the original language of the bible... yet u refused but you're ranting I'm preaching a false doctrine.. if u can prove to me that the original language it was written in didn't have anything like sheol or Gehenna then I'll believe u... if u can't prove then its best you stop ranting

http://www.godsplanforall.com/mistranslationstomeanhell

if you doubt it then do your own research
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by honourhim: 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

its not reality..
The way presented by the book is ---impossible(if im to take the word of ''soul'')
the supposed testimonies have majorly been jokes...they dont even ''rhyme''...
Different people throwing in different things about the ''one'' place they visited...

You may call the testimonies jokes but it cant change anything about it.
There is no way something that a muslim, an atheists and people of other religion across the world experienced and gave their life to Jesus can be a joke..
Again i can see you think hell is just like one room where people are burning so that those who experienced it will have exactly same description. Can foreigners who visit Nigeria give same description of it?
The basic thing about hell fire is that it's a place of torment.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wilgrea7:

why would i need to make my own bible??
problem with you is that you hate to listen to facts or even research it for yourself.. i told u earlier that if u doubt me then go and research on the words translated as hell in the original language of the bible... yet u refused but you're ranting I'm preaching a false doctrine.. if u can prove to me that the original language it was written in didn't have anything like sheol or Gehenna then I'll believe u... if u can't prove then its best you stop ranting

http://www.godsplanforall.com/mistranslationstomeanhell

if you doubt it then do your own research

More useless writeups. Even Christian babes with sane English literacy following this converasation can see your shame.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPRevailer:

More useless writeups. Even Christian babes with sane English literacy following this converasation can see your shame.

hahaha... typical of your type.. when you run out of points you switch to insults.. let the Christian babes with sane English literacy speak for themselves

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by rhektor(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lisaflex:
I'm more concerned wt knwin if der's sm sort of self conciousness/awareness (of d spirit)after death...
Which means you'll have to die first for you to know
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by martineverest(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
the question is:if death people go to heaven or hell,why/how do traditionalists/native doctors speak to the dead
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by jidxin(m): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Abeg who understand this thing make him explain am well.
bro not hell fire but hell
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by HerexG(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Yes. They are very conscious and an indescribable pain of suffering.

Some scientists in the year 1980s where excavating very deep in the ground and reached a depth where they began to hear deafening and hellish cries of millions of people.

When it was published on Newpapers. it was apprehended. They must have been ruthlessly cautioned by the US government who was doing all it can to fight against religion especially christianity spread, prevent the truth and promote Evolution theory.

READ 21 Objectives of Illuminati.
http://www.thecontroversialfiles.net/2016/10/the-21-objectives-of-illuminati.html

Pure Hoax, since they are scientists should should have footage evidence.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by pcei: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
MrPRevailer:
spiritlessons.com

Yes after death is JUDGEMENT. Either heaven or hellfire. There is no purgatory. That is Catholic doctrine and has no biblical backup.

After death a sinner goes to hellfire. And a righteous man goes to heaven. They will remain there till the final Judgement. There are 2 Judgements. The judgement of the saints will be immediately after the Rapture and during the great tribulation happening on Earth. After the (Bema Seat of) judgement of the saints, comes the marriage union of The Lamb with his bride (The saints). Bible says 'Abraham.... shall sit'. This is the Judgement of the saints. And there is no remembrance of their sins because they have overcome.

The final judgement of sinners comes after the MILLENIAL REIGN OF CHRIST. (1000 years of peace and bliss on Earth). Satan will be loosed from prison to deceive the world for a season (note: not the saints) and will gather them like the sand of sea. But they will be destroyed by fire, and Satan will be cast into the lake of fire. Then the judgement of sinners will begin. It's called 'THE WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT'. Hellfire will give up its inhabitants. And they will be judged according to their works and be cast in the Lake of fire. And hellfire itself shall be cast in the Lake of fire. This is known as 'The second Death'.

The current heaven and earth shall pass away/disappear. Then there shall be a New Heaven and a New Earth.This is where the righteous will dwell for all eternity with God and the Lamb.
check 2 maccabes 12: 40-45, luke 12:47-48, 1cor 3:14-15, 2Tim 1:16-18, 1john 5:16-17. It's quite obvious u've been brain-washed by these jet-flying, tithe-driven, business-minded pastors. Catholic church's teachings remains the real deal, believe it or not. There's purgatory, check those bible quotations.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
After death , sleep and then the final judgement. No interim state called Purgatory or hell fire myth.

All the dead are now 'SLEEPING' waiting for the final judgement.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Kashflow212: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
100% AID COMMUNITY

HAVE YOU LOST MONEY TO A WRONG PLATFORM BEFORE

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A SERIOUS MINDED TEAM AND MAKE WEALTH?

this is a community where integral, trust worthy and dedicated people contribute #5000 and earn 100% of the contributed amount in 24hrs (#10,000)

‼ WARNING ‼

1⃣TO PARTICIPTE YOU MUST BE MOBILE BANKING OR INTERNET BANKING COMPLIANT ELSE DONT JOIN❗

2⃣ YOU MUST HAVE YOUR AVAILABLE MONEY AT HAND BEFORE INDICATING INTEREST TO PROVIDE HELP, ELSE YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THE PLATFORM

3⃣ WE DONT ENTERTAIN SPECTATORS, ONLY SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE. ONCE YOU ARE 24HRS OLD IN THE PLATFORM, AND HAVE NOT PHed, WE WILL REMOVE YOU.
Join our platform and gain financial freedom

We are tested and trusted

https:///2xJHe1nEwW392qGNkMqD5d
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by FisifunKododada: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
cheesy
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by eolafao: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
After death, our body is laid down to rest.. . When the second coming of Christ is here, the righteous Will ressurect with him.. . But the unrighteous will gnash their teeth.. . That is when 666 number will be implants on fore head and Satan will rule for thousand years and those who refuse to accept the mark will pay with their blood.. . And then hell fire will be the portion of those that are yet to ressurect and those with 666 numbers.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
IF U DIED IN CHRIST = HEAVEN
IF U DIE WITHOUT CHRIST= HELLFIRE ONE TIME
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Guru9ja(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
dolphinheart:

what happens to humans when they die? bible answers

King James Version
Ec 9:5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ec 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
Ec 9:10Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Ge 3:19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Ps 115:17The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Ps 146:4His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
My mother cry
dolphinheart:

what happens to humans when they die? bible answers

King James Version
Ec 9:5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ec 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
Ec 9:10Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Ge 3:19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Ps 115:17The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Ps 146:4His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
My mother

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by xtremeTall(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
hmmm life after death....question with mystery
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Kashflow212: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
100% AID COMMUNITY

HAVE YOU LOST MONEY TO A WRONG PLATFORM BEFORE

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A SERIOUS MINDED TEAM AND MAKE WEALTH?

this is a community where integral, trust worthy and dedicated people contribute #5000 and earn 100% of the contributed amount in 24hrs (#10,000)

‼ WARNING ‼

1⃣TO PARTICIPTE YOU MUST BE MOBILE BANKING OR INTERNET BANKING COMPLIANT ELSE DONT JOIN❗

2⃣ YOU MUST HAVE YOUR AVAILABLE MONEY AT HAND BEFORE INDICATING INTEREST TO PROVIDE HELP, ELSE YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THE PLATFORM

3⃣ WE DONT ENTERTAIN SPECTATORS, ONLY SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE. ONCE YOU ARE 24HRS OLD IN THE PLATFORM, AND HAVE NOT PHed, WE WILL REMOVE YOU.

Join our platform and gain financial freedom

We are tested and trusted

/2xJHe1nEwW392qGNkMqD5d
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Govo4me2u(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Abeg who understand this thing make him explain am well.
what about resurrection.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by meggi4(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Yes. They are very conscious and an indescribable pain of suffering.

Some scientists in the year 1980s where excavating very deep in the ground and reached a depth where they began to hear deafening and hellish cries of millions of people.

When it was published on Newpapers. it was apprehended. They must have been ruthlessly cautioned by the US government who was doing all it can to fight against religion especially christianity spread, prevent the truth and promote Evolution theory.

READ 21 Objectives of Illuminati.
http://www.thecontroversialfiles.net/2016/10/the-21-objectives-of-illuminati.html
also there was a time a particular robot that always move around mars for picturing the robot captured a city in the mid air shining like gold the picture went all over the goverment stop it from spreading any further
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by busyfishing(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
One day I will be first to comment. Then I will show it to my secondary school teacher Mrs Lawal, who said I will never achieve anything good in live..#sobs
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Govo4me2u(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
What about resurrection
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by meggi4(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Such a place will not be physical and as such will not exist on this plane. So I don't think human instruments will be able to detect anything like that. Na those scientists know wetin dem hear.
earth is beneath you my man
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by thesis(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
MrPRevailer:

SUMMARY of what I wrote:

A dead sinner goes to HELL fire and awaits the Final Judgement of God to be cast in THE LAKE OF FIRE.

The Righteous goes to Heaven. When the world comes to an absolute end, he will be ushered to THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH.

That is the Judgement.
Heaven and Hell are just stationaries where it's inhabitants wait for the final Judgement.

What is the difference between hell fire and. Lake of fire in this context?
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by killsmith(f): 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
Man and his greedy nature....he's yet to live his present life.... And he's thinking of another....

After death....the end.....

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Govo4me2u(m): 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
[quote author=Guru9ja post=52331034] John 5:28, 29. They shall hear his voice and come forth those who do good things to resurrection of life and those who practice evil to a resurrection of damination.
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by LordIsaac(m): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
ajanma2:
I have been so confused for a while now about what happens to our souls after death...many people believe after death comes judgement.. meaning,those who are dead now are either in heaven or hell or purgatory. in reference to the scripture''its appointed unto man to die after that comes judgment''..so now the question is,why is Jesus coming on the last day to judge the living and the dead since we have already been judged immediately after death..is the judgment twice?. where are the souls that have died now?pls share ur suggestion
Hebrews 9:27 has your answer which over rules every other answer. It reads: "it is appointed for a man to die once, and after that, the judgement."
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by HerexG(m): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
honourhim:

Eternal fire there refers to fire from God. Why do you people like giving yourselves false hope? It is clearly written that the lake of fire will burn forever why do you people like to moderate the message there? Your changing it does not change it. Hope you know?

After the flesh, sensory cells might have decayed here on, which sensory organs will you use to feel the heat of hell or will there be an automatic regeneration of new sensory organs.

Why are Christians not logical
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by LorDBolton(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lisaflex:
I'm more concerned wt knwin if der's sm sort of self conciousness/awareness (of d spirit)after death...
I tire...

Their holy book says we must conquer the flesh (meaning it's the flesh that feels) So how can the soul feel burning flames or heavenly A/C?

So question I ask everyone is if

#1-- heaven has a gate...means it will have fence abi? If my name no dey list I scale fence ni o, no time!
Or its as high as the Wall @ castle black?

#2-- using the story of rich man n lazarus, does it means we will recognise each other in heaven?
If so It means ubi Franklin n lilian esoro can 'make up' and have sex? Born pikin? What next grow old??

#3-- oh no sex? what then will we be doing there for eternity na while those in hell are roasting? Remember jesus is building a mansion for us so as per mansion will there be LG? Dstv? Premiership? La liga?

Who will be our gardeners? Plumber etc?

#4-- some people die as infants, other teenagers, others as frail old men/women what appearance will they take up in heaven?

#5-- what about the animals, which one will make heaven? Mosquitoes nko?

My dear lemme put it bluntly to you...nobody wants to die, thus the promise of eternal life being made by religion will always be appealing.

The only difference between humans and other animals is evolution... like all animals
We sleep, form families/packs, discriminate, hustle, fùck, reproduce, mark our territory, fight, die, steal etc!
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by kadas01(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lisaflex:
Yes! There is self consciousnes/awareness because the person is not dead (only the "physical body" that is dropped here or left behind; - that which we call "death" here on Earth)! After passing through what we all know as "death" here on Earth, the soul awakens and continues his or her journey (life/existence) over there in the "beyond" depending how they have lived their lives here on Earth!

Most importantly, the way you have lived your life here on Earth would determine your destination over there! The Law of Homogeneity is extremely strict over there whereby it is your handiwork from this present Earth-life that would determine the environment you would reside! For the bad/evil ones, they'll fall into dark environments of their exact same kind; while the good/noble ones who have genuinely lived in accordance with the Ways and Teachings of THE MOST HIGH CREATOR would reside in bright/light and benevolent environments of their exact same kind as well! The danger encountered by evil doers and human beings who have arrogantly rejected the existence of GOD ALMIGHTY and have also refused to genuinely follow the Ways of THE LORD our GOD in Truth when they transit into the beyond is that, they become blind, deaf and most times deformed due to their "spiritual indolence/ignorance/arrogance"!

There is "100% life after death" my dear!

Don't be deceived!

It is a "natural phenomenon"!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Okupevi As First Indigenous Bishop Of Lagos Diocese (Pics) / T.B Joshua Prophecy: President Mugabe Dying In Singapore Hospital / Pastor Adeboye Declares 78 Hours Praise Concert To Mark 78th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.