Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,384 members, 7,954,557 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? (736 Views)

"Only In Yemen" Charging A Car Battery With Ak 47(pic) / Texas Shooting: Moment Gunman Patrick Crusius Enters Walmart With Ak-47(Pics) / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by ItuExchange(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
If the AK-47 is supposedly the best firearm, why doesn't the US military use it?

The AK-47 is cheap, very reliable, and simple to train and maintain. It has been said the first child's weapon should be a AK-47, because almost impossible make it not work.

It is very effective in combat, but not the best in every way. Most weapons from the M-16 forward are lighter that. The AK-47 is good at short range, but not longer ranges, as it is not accurate at longer ranges compared to other weapons.

With a M-16, with the same weight, a soldier could carry about twice as many rounds as a soldier with a AK.

One big problem with the entire AK series is it is impossible to make a internal silenced version of them. This is how you do it.

Add a foot or more to the end of it.

Silencers are useful in mainly twice situations, long ranges, or urban close combat, like inside a building. The AK is already bad at long range, and a extra foot isn't what you want on your weapon inside a building during combat.

Source: https://www.quora.com/If-the-AK-47-is-supposedly-the-best-firearm-why-doesnt-the-US-military-use-it

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by sammuell(m): 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
So u dy deal on am
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
There is nothing like best firearm
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by welzyj2(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
space booked
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by egesie(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
There is nothing like best firearm
Sir, are you coursemate to CE Aniele or SA Biu?
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
egesie:

Sir, are you coursemate to CE Aniele or SA Biu?
i know them well is all i can say bro , wink
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by egesie(m): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
i know them well is all i can say bro , wink
Sir, you're calling me bro,...Sir, me I cannot see u, who am I to see a senior officer
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2016
egesie:

Sir, you're calling me bro,...Sir, me I cannot see u, who am I to see a senior officer
grin grin grin grin na nairaland we dey joor.....title no dey go heaven
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by egesie(m): 11:18am On Oct 21, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
grin grin grin grin na nairaland we dey joor.....title no dey go heaven
While Sir, you've always been a role model to me even before I got into NDA, I pray God keeps taking you higher n higher Sir
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
egesie:

While Sir, you've always been a role model to me even before I got into NDA, I pray God keeps taking you higher n higher Sir
Amen thank you and God bless you too, stay positive and always trust in God.

(1) (Reply)

President Trump Takes Down Gay Right Law Page From US Government Website. / Israel Happy They Destroyed Syria Nuclear Reactor As Nuclear Site Fell To Isis / Controversy:swearing-in Of New Chad Government:christian Refuse To Swear By Alah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.