Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities (38741 Views)

Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC / NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees, Diplomas Programmes In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Sibrah: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2016
Ibifizzleboy:
Uniport the worst hit regards this decision
he he hd
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Onlymewakacum(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2016
godwinstringed1:
my bro...i'm a victim..jamb gave me 174 despite all my efforts......now i depend on PD. Stayin hom don tire me. Everybody pls epp me pray mak my hope fr dis pd no vanish. Amen.

I just wonder what now happens to folks like you already enrolled.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by THEcolorGREEN: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2016
fucklil:

I hope/pray you experience what that guy experienced
You don't know what we jambites went through this year
I just pray u have a similar Case later in life where you would be failed
though you fully know you passed the exam cry

My moniker has nothing to do with my life bro

You just confirmed my initial prognosis...you have a brain but it's faulty= senseless.

U do not know my story or how many times I've been a victim of circumstance if u like wallow in your ignorance and console yourself with self-pity ...don't re-strategise n pull stunts.

I pity you... I pity our society even more with people like u in our neighbourhoods.

I'm done with you.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by fineyemi(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2016
No more pre degree. Its either u write jamb, apply for part time programme or IJMB. Guru9ja in partntership with Gradepoint citadel of advanced learning is selling IJMB form. Read details>http://www.guru9ja.com/2016/04/must-read-gain-admission-into-200-level.html
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2016
I am not understanding this o someone should please explain this to me. so what is going to happen to those who are yet to be admitted into the predegree program and those who are yet to gain admission into 200 level
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Tosyno51(m): 11:49am On Oct 19, 2016
veekid:
Lautech go suffer o
LOL.. .. Yeaso
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by iretiland: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Another ethnically motivated and questionable appointment to replacece the able Prof Okojie.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by bahaushe1: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=nelsonnelly post=50319293]Seriously are parents complaining about pre degrees? How does it affects them. The so called jamb they should focus on which is bringing so many youths down from pursuing their choice of career they are not looking into it. why the pre degree which student/youth are really hopeful of gaining admission is being scraped. we youths should stand up against it. we can't watch our leaders,old men,corrupt leaders kill our career. they have gotten theirs and want to eat alone that why they are behaving this way. Let's campaign this #StopTheScrapingOfSubDegree and #LookIntoJamb[/
quote]
Bros did you read the article? NUC is scraping those programs because our Universities are not meant for that. Those programs are for polytechnics not Universities. The Universities are just making money out of it.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by wakes: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
This is uncalled for.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by 99foxxy(f): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
this is not fair at all.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Godstraight(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=bahaushe1 post=50330867][/quote]what about people who are going for it this year
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Godstraight(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ogun go kill nigeria
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by nic2wao: 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good development. A predegree and diploma without undergradua.te admission is worth it at all
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by lastmessenger: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
godwinstringed1:
my bro...i'm a victim..jamb gave me 174 despite all my efforts......now i depend on PD. Stayin hom don tire me. Everybody pls epp me pray mak my hope fr dis pd no vanish. Amen.
please take my advice or leave it, one year that u will waste doing predegree can earn you a lifetime skill that may even pay your bills when u eventually gain admission in the university. U can go and learn something while u prepare for another jamb.am telling u that i regret not having a good practical skill which is why am sitting here doing 8 to 5 work while some handy men are busy making a good money.
Life is not all about university and degree. Am sure u know a graduate who dont have a job and cannot do anything. enlarge your horizone and stop parallel thinking.

1 Like

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by ibietela2(m): 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Godstraight(m): 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
lastmessenger:
please take my advice or leave it, one year that u will waste doing predegree can earn you a lifetime skill that may even pay your bills when u eventually gain admission in the university. U can go and learn something while u prepare for another jamb.am telling u that i regret not having a good practical skill which is why am sitting here doing 8 to 5 work while some handy men are busing making a good money.
Life is not all about university and degree. Am sure u know a graduate who dont have a job and cannot do anything. enlarge your horizone and stop parallel thinking.
my guy what are you saying,after paying money and writing an exam my brother would just go like that an sit at home,they didn't even propone it next year,after the guys have written exam,you just scrap it like that?,
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by lastmessenger: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Godgay:
my guy what are you saying,after paying money and writing an exam my brother would just go like that an sit at home,they didn't even propone it next year,after the guys have written exam,you just scrap it like that?,
i did say tell your bro to sit at home for one year. I said tell your bro to go learn some skill while he prepare for jamb.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Godstraight(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
lastmessenger:
i did say tell your bro to sit at home for one year. I said tell your bro to go learn some skill while he prepare for jamb.
did u see what I just wrote?,after paying for application form and writing the exam they just decided to scrap the program now,haba which kind country be this one,why didn't they announce their plans in January or better still move it to next year,which kind of insensivity is this
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by MRNews: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by andyanders: 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
DrayZee:

Your point is valid, but they cannot just wake up one morning and scrap an entire program...just like they did with Post-Utme.
What about those who have already paid for registration or have even started classes already.
Do these people reason at all?

The procedure is entirely wrong. NUC got it wrong. They should have given them 1 yr to allow those already registered to pull through against next yr, then they can now wound it up.

The people who already paid close to 200k for the pre-dregre programs would do what now? Are the schools going to process them for a refund?
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by godwinstringed1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
please oooo.....is it for this year own? because Oau has started selling the form or next year time?
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by MRNews: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
@lalasticalala this post was supposed to be originally directed to http://www.theworldscholarships.com/university-news/nuc-scrap-pre-degree-diplomas-in-universities/
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Bhordey777: 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nice one...
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Daxwell19(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
chai,i did mine last year and saw my name when the first batch of admission list was released last week by the school, i was given my desire course.So for me it was a narrow escape.

But they should please reconsider it at least for THIS YEAR.
START THE SCRAPPING NEXT SESSION
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by tosyne2much(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
enshi:
This is a bid To crap Hnd BSc dichotomy.... Quote me
I feel happy each time I see people who speak out what I have in mind... I think the FG is trying to force people into Polytechnics
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
ATTENTION !!! IT TAKES EFFECT AS FROM NEXT YEAR 2017 BY THEN PREDEGREE OF THIS YEAR SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ADMISSION ... Signed.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by msrules88: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
We are in a change era. my advice for university aspirants is to consider programmes like IJMB visit www.ijmbcouncil.com or JUPEB visit www.jupebonline.ml
These programmes gives you admission into 200 level. Its a good proactive measure. 08084235028
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by AlexzStructure(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nice move... But they should leave the Diploma program...
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by maxspin: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
lastmessenger:

Dont be offended. My opinion is that everybody should write jamb and gain admission to the university.
I have seen countless people waste time and money on diploma and predegree only to be disappionted( not given admission) while some ended being given admission to courses they never wanted to study. the university end up making a killing and raking in huge amount of money.

How many Nigerians do you think gain admission through jamb?? And you say schools make money, what about Jamb?? Over a million students write jamb every year and barely half of them get in then they all try again next year and the cycle continues. The predegree program is very helpful..helped me tho. I did mine at Unizik and the criteria for getting admission was just to score 200 and above. Can you get admission with 200 jamb score? Whoever goes in for that and doesn't get admission was not a serious person. The knowledge you amass from it is tremendous. It helped me and I can attest to that. And about not getting the course you want in predegree, isn't that way better than staying at home from year to year?? Smh. I'm sure you didn't get to do a predegree that's why you say it should be scrapped. May God help us all in naija.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by odaniel1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
THIS OUR LEADERS ARE JOKERS. WILL SCRAPPING ND & PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMMES BE ANY BETTER FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS? THIS GOVERNMENT AND DRAMA SEF!
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
I couldn't help but like this. U spoke my mind.
Chuksab:
Absolute! A welcome move if duly implemented and should be done in a manner to allow the current affected programs to round up and have it discontinued completely.

Overtime, the drive to make money has beclouded our citadel of learning, loads of emphasy on churning out not too thoroughly groomed graduates. Pre degree is principally to make money - if not, why admit so much, giving a very few admission, let JAMB be checked to sniff off undue malpractices, giving the dully prepared opportunity.

Private extra moral centres can prepare students for entry - good passage through JAMB. Those who want to go through Polytechnic route can do so and apply for direct entry if they so desire.

The Ranking Scheme is most welcomed, encouraging healthy competition.

Personally, I think it's a policy in the right direction. Enough of mediocrity in our institutions.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
shocked r u saying u passed and jamb intentionally failed u guys shocked shocked
fucklil:

I hope/pray you experience what that guy experienced
You don't know what we jambites went through this year
I just pray u have a similar Case later in life where you would be failed
though you fully know you passed the exam cry
My moniker has nothing to do with my life bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities / UNILAG Students Asked To Kneel Down And Raise Up Hands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.