Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Dollar Scarcity: A Little Explanation Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: A Little Explanation Needed (398 Views)

Dollar Scarcity Stops Capital Repatriation By Investors / Naira Faces Further Decline On Continued Dollar Scarcity / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Scarcity: A Little Explanation Needed by Uchefrancis16(m): 6:47am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello guys! don't mind my ignorance.

With the dollar scarcity looming here and there, when taken to the bank, is that not supposed to affect only those wanting to buy dollars?

I mean if someone credits your domiciliary account with dollars and you go to withdraw it, is the bank supposed to tell you they don't have dollars? If they don't have dollars, the one that was credited to your account, where did it go?

I have some dollars in my zenith bank domiciliary account which was accumulated from google AdSense and a lot of other sources. And for over four months, Zenith bank is holding it telling me they don't have dollars.

Have gone to different branches same thing. Even told them to make calls to their other branches to know which one has so I can go and withdraw buh after everything, they will end up saying non of them has.

The worse is they also said transfers from Dom accounts has also been restricted by CBN. but I don browse make I see that news online I no see anything. What is happening? is this normal or am I missing something here? Just got my papers ready to switch to GT bank Dom today!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Overnight Interbank Rate Falls To 20% / Nigeria Tomato Plant Closes, Embarrasses President Buhari / Table Size Catfish Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.