Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

The Woman In The Kitchen, Living Room, And The Other Room - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Woman In The Kitchen, Living Room, And The Other Room (861 Views)

Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN / In The Other Room (POET) With Photo By Nobsalis. / The Other Room - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Woman In The Kitchen, Living Room, And The Other Room by kennethbd(m): 7:43am On Oct 19, 2016
THE WOMAN IN THE KITCHEN, LIVING ROOM AND THE OTHER ROOM BY Kenneth B David - KBD

'I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my Kitchen, my Living Room, and the Other Room' - President Mohd Buhari (October, 2016).

The Above Quotation by the Number one citzen of my Dear Country; Nigeria prompted me to write this. I Feel for the Female Gender。 I am a Man, She is a woman. Are we equal? Can we ever be equal? Can being emotional be the reason why women are generally termed WEAKER VESSELS? Is it only women that are emotion (I doubt that. I don see guys wey no get liver at all, women get balls pass them), Can we carryout the same tasks if presented with the same opportunities? These are questions I asked myself (I know you did also). Now, this is how I see it:

A woman can never be equal to a man. A Congolese proverb says, “wood may remain ten years in the water, but it will never become a crocodile.” Men are Men, and Women are Women. I can support my point with Scientific and Religious References. Scientifically Speaking (wait o, am not an expert in this o. Its only based on the little anatomy and Human Physiology I did in 200Level. Though, am not one of those Pharmacist wannabes that want to be Pharmacists without actually studying Pharmacy as my Colleague at UNIZIK would say) , Women are anatomically and physiologically different from men (Though there are a lot of Similarities they both have). Women have weaker bones, reduced oxygen carrying capacity, lesser muscle mass, and wider hips designed for carrying and birthing children. They also contain different level of sex hormones (Specifically Testosterone and Estrogen). The higher level of testosterone in men is responsible for their agressive behaviour, to fend for the family, and other secondary sexual behaviours. In Short sex hormones control the divergent of male and female features. Do women actually belong the Kitchen, the Living Room, and the other room alone?

From Religious Point of view, The Holy Books made us to understand that the woman was created from the man (from One of his ribs). The Emphasis of Adam's outburst : 'bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh' Genesis 2 vs 23 highlights the similarity rather than any differences between these first two human beings. Responsibilities set in after the fall of man, when GOD cursed them along with other punishments: ,...Your desire will be for your husband and he will RULE over you.' RULE, here implies that women must be sumissive. There are no two ways about it. I see relationships between men and women as a drug interraction that is synergistical in nature. Each party carrying their responsbilites towards achieving greater outcome that would have been achieved if each party works indepndenly. Men MUST LOVE, RESPECT, and PROTECT women. KBD Says NO to Violence against Women.

We have all failed in our responsibilities. Men having no love for women, women not submissive, men filled with ego, abusing women. If you love your woman (Wife, Girlfriend, Mother), you would not raise a finger at her, gender EQUITY would no longer be a big deal (You'll support and help her achieve her goals). Women are humans like Us, passing through a lot monthly (Complex metabolic pathways and Embryological processes -the menstrual cycle is an example), pains during childbirth and pregnancy, and a whole lot of harsh conditions than men. They have the same flesh and blood, resoond to stimuli, have potentials that need to be explored, need opportunities to make positive impacts in Nigeria, and the world as a whole, not the Kitchen, living room, and the other room alone. Women with the aegis of men will make exploits!

Alice Walker said: One child must never be set above another, even in casual conversation, not to mention in speeches that circle the globe."

On a final note, if every body will play his role well. The world would be a better place. We would have better Fathers/mothers, Husbands/Wives, Boyfriends/Girlfriends, and not THE WOMAN IN THE KITCHEN, LIVING ROOM, AND THE OTHER ROOM...

#KASU_Pharmacine aka KBD

(1) (Reply)

Buy Pictures And Articles / Literature(poem) / A Book On "styled Embarassment" Everyone Had It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.