Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation (37123 Views)

Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi Buys Innoson G-wagon For 2nd Coronation Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by ecfonwa(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
omo n oba i dey hail o. may ur reign be longete
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by blaqoracle: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ehitunez:
do you expect them to use candles as light or maybe firewood grin ;Day
these uguandan children will Always prove they are in trouble.
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
Why do they always hold his palms?
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by mickool(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
Oba ghato kpele ise.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by evansjeff(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
OP na which kind phone be this, about an 2mp camera...you fall my hand sha, was expecting something better cos I've seen it, only I'm always too much in a hurry to take shots., really beautiful City.
Oba gha to kpere...ise!!!
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by 4nobody4every1: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
sukkot:
erediauwa omonoba ehenden ukwapolopolopolopolopolopolopolo grin
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by seniorkachion(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
All these antiquated monarchies should be abolished. They are the major reason Nigeria has remained a geographical expression. Nigeria needs its own Obote!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by jtkoko9(f): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ise!!!

quote author=Opharhe post=50326272]Beautiful.
Oba gha to kpere. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by fireforfire: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
Abagworo:
So European culture has finally displaced traditional Oba square.
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by AreaFada2: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
seniorkachion:
All these antiquated monarchies should be abolished. They are the major reason Nigeria has remained a geographical expression. Nigeria needs its own Obote!

You clearly have never been to England or Buckingham palace.

Traditions dating back to Alfred The Great (849-899AD) are still maintained.

Our monarchs did not cause coups, civil war or occupy political offices in the times that Nigeria went downhill. In contrast, Nigeria was far more united during the period kings were members of regional houses of parliament, before career politicians took over totally after independence.

In any case, the British did not create Nigeria in order to create unity among us. They did for easier administration, to monopolise trade & transport of looted resources across the land to seaports to take to UK.

See how even that UK cannot remain in European Union that they begged the EEC for years to accept them in the 1960s/Early 70s. The people who share race/colour, democracy, origins, European culture & christian religion with them for approaching 2000 years.

In a country going through uncertainties; fluid & seemingly rudderless, morale at an all time low, our traditional values of discipline, good behaviour to honour family name, culture of respect, communal life and more are the things that collapsed in cities & big towns that have led to crime & brutality.

Our monarchs are custodians of those traditions that we now chose to neglect.

Let your assertion be based on facts and knowledge of how things were when monarchs had power to when politicians now have power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Baoo4eva(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
OP, you try o. Congratulations to the new king
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by mulattoclaroo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
lies....dem born u well to enter oba palace come snap pinshure
Bros no mind that guy. Them born am well to enter oba palace wen u or your papa no be chief? Funny enough Chair, popsy is a chief but I dare not enter oba palace.
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by colossus2: 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
How can you snap urhokpota hall at ring road and a part of ring road, and call it the oba's palace undecided
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
Were are the rice and beans for the celebration? I can't see the photos of food. are they celebrating on an empty stomach? embarassed
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Sicillian: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
seniorkachion:
lol... just becus ur region has no recognize king dat command respect just like d obas of yorubas and d benins, hence ur pains and wailing... if u dont like wat u are seeing simply Go and Die(in oshiomhole's voice) anuofia
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Rockyrascal(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
Is the king blind.
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by ileogbenfidel(m): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
The benin kingdom. A kingdom where the king is truly the king. Welcome to the ancient city of bronze
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
overhypedsteve:
lie lie. Nor be you snap that picture. You must be using a phone with a 1000mp camera to snap that kind of picture because the pics was snapped by a pro.
bro I use the infinix hot S and as you can see I edited the pictures and thats what upgraded the looks and I also put my blog name on it.. well you can check the whole web to see if you will find these same pictures elsewhere
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
Bros no mind that guy. Them born am well to enter oba palace wen u or your papa no be chief? Funny enough Chair, popsy is a chief but I dare not enter oba palace.
lol.. renovation works are still ongoing inside the palace... that was the only way I managed to enter , the security guards thought I was one of the workers... believe or not, its not my business tho
Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by seunlly(m): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wetin concern me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation by Topestbilly(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Is a fine pishure

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu / 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' / Deposition: Your Pronouncements Not Binding On Me, Ayiri Tells Olu Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.