Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

8 Points To Earning Love And Respect In Your Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Points To Earning Love And Respect In Your Relationship (559 Views)

Couples And Respect In Marriage / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Admiration And Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Points To Earning Love And Respect In Your Relationship by Fmnoble(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
Love and respect in individual's relationship is something so fundamentally important to us that we have so many issues and misunderstanding in the area of finding full satisfaction in it. We always want to feel needed, respected and get the best of satisfaction from our relationships. However, most times you keep on asking yourself "Why is my own relationship so bad?" "Why does he treat me like a piece of trash?" I have given him my all, yet I can't find the satisfaction I have always needed from him?" If you fall into this situation, I know, you must be frustrated. But don't worry, sit, relax and let us talk.

Based on my experience and research, it is established that the way you behave in your relationship determines the level of respect your partner accords you. And this brings us to the issue of behavior. Permit me to ask, how do you behave in your relationship? Does your life revolve around your relationship? Do you motivate your man or you hinder him from achieving his pre-determined goals through your actions and reactions? Do you take any kind of treatment from him? Have you stooped so low that you allow yourself to be ill-treated all in the name of love and commitment? In furtherance of your avowed commitment to your relationship you hear yourself saying, " I have aspirations and goals in life, but in a bid to keep him happy, I set aside my aspirations and goals and I grace him with all my attention. And time without him I am nothing…….." my dear, with this belief, you're living in an imaginary and illusionary world-believe you me if you dedicate your entire lifetime to him, you can never satisfy him.

All this and many more of the hindrances to the full satisfaction you can get. But don't worry for every problem, there is along a solution or road map that will guide you into achieving the love life that you have always craved for.

If you want to be adored, cherished, loved and respected, then let us talk about the right principles that you could exhibit in your relationship to earn yourself the much deserved love and respect;

1. Love yourself; to truly have a loving and supportive relationship you need to learn how to be your own best friend first-love yourself first, you cannot force others to love you until you first come to the realization that showering yourself with affection is most important.

There is something so freeing and fulfilling about loving yourself and not relying on anyone's love to make you happy; you have already got all the love you need in yourself. Any external love from your partner is mere icing on the cake of your heart.

2. Know what you want; before saying "YES" to his woo or proposal, examine and judge whether you're pleased with the character, behavior and qualities deposited in him. And then it is pretty necessary to ask yourself the question as whether you can or cannot condone his behavior and character. With this assessment, you already know if the two of you are morally and behaviorally compatible as this character assessment might be too late after saying "YES I DO".

Once you discover that the man ticks all the boxes in terms of character, behavior, my dear sister you're good to go. And you will enjoy a hitch-free relationship with him because you know what you want and you have got it.

3. Have a standard and set boundaries; no man will ever respect a woman without class and standard. Set for yourself a high standard and maintain it. For example; your circle of friends will determine your social class and standard- a well-educated woman is not expected to be in the association of market women.

To complete the story visit: http://sagevibe.com.ng/2016/10/8-points-to-earn…our-relationship/

Courtesy of; www.sagevibe.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Love Yourself / How To Clean Your House In 20 Minutes A Day For 30 Days / 5 Insidious "Gifts" You "May" Gift Your Unborn While You Propose Or Say "I DO"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.