Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

"How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father (44004 Views)

Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers / Dead Body Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By JTF (Graphic Photos) / Izu Joseph Shot Dead In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Eluwilussit(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
otijah:
How can you shoot a culprit In the leg and still walk up to him after seeing he is unarmed with his hands up then still shoot him in the head. Is this not barbaric, this is just man inhumanity to man.
What has he done to deserve such gruesome death, no concrete evidence to back up their act. They just Felt like dashing out bullets to a bloody civilian.

I am tempted to call this country a zoo honestly.

Tempted? Nigeria is worst than a ZOO. Imagine such gruesome killing of a fellow Nigerian. The saddest part is that nothing will be done about it. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Alkanoicacid(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
conductor1:

[/b]
Source: http://www.somtoo.com/2016/10/army-lied-jtf-intentionally-killed-izu.html

Only In the Ipob villages..If na north now..dey go don flood this place with dem yeye trashes.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by kolaish(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Hmmmmmm.

Going to shower in a stream?

Nothing wrong in that, he is from a riverine area (that is their grassroot, where they were brought up). I have been in those places before, even some big/rich men do come to swim in the river. It is just like when Daniel ighalo (Watford Football Club player) goes to the stadium in ajegunle to play football (footballer) before travelling to England.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by eddyt: 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
those that killed u there life will never be meaningful to them.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by InvertedHammer: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

I guess according to you women should also be raped for dressing indecently
and how fo criminals dress?
Is there any particular dress code for criminals?
please enlighten us

/
No. Women should not be raped. But if most rape cases happen to women who dress provocatively, it will be foolhardy to dress provocatively and curry for sympathy when it happens. Like they say, "Dress like you will be addressed". Prevention is better than cure.

Law Enforcement officers are not magicians. They profile suspects. If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. The sad part is that by the time it is rationalized, someone is lying cold turkey. The fact is -- Izu Joseph is dead.

Some of you talk as if we live in a perfect world.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by ancientbanana: 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
villavic:

wish you can repeat everything you just said when you are standing next to one, I LIKE NIGERIANS DOU, WE TALK BEHIND EH
u knw i can't because nigerian army is lawless n irrational in thinking so they beat me up that doesn't mean Wat I said isn't true. Truth is truth n can't only b suppressed but can never be converted to lies.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
No. Women should not be raped. But if most rape cases happen to women who dress provocatively, it will be foolhardy to dress provocatively and curry for sympathy when it happens. Like they say, "Dress like you will be addressed". Prevention is better than cure.

Law Enforcement officers are not magicians. They profile suspects. If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. The sad part is that by the time it is rationalized, someone is lying cold turkey. The fact is -- Izu Joseph is dead.

Some of you talk as if we live in a perfect world.

We dont live in a perfect world Thats why people who are given a responsibility to enforce the law must act with discipline, maturity amd where they fail they should be held accountable for their actions.
You on the other hand seems to be excusing bad behaviour and its nauseating to see you blame the victim.
To you its "just Izu Joseph" one man, you dont care because its not you as long as Ure comfortable fùck Izu shey.
Well some of the world's longest and most bitter conflicts started with the killing of one man. I pray that when the tables turn and we turn Nigeria into the next Syria due to our insensitivity and carelessness it doesnt affect you.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
otijah:
How can you shoot a culprit In the leg and still walk up to him after seeing he is unarmed with his hands up then still shoot him in the head. Is this not barbaric, this is just man inhumanity to man.
What has he done to deserve such gruesome death, no concrete evidence to back up their act. They just Felt like dashing out bullets to a bloody civilian.

Just say it bro,the country is really bleeped.When illiterates and fools are at the helm of affairs,expect things to fall apart.Nigeria will continue to be uncivilized untill eternity because we have no bearing and the youths can't make any difference either.All we know is sit behind some China made phones and spew nonsense instead of ask for liberation.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Unigweson25(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
otijah:

Zoo is even better than this country because dia is an element of control by zoologist.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by otijah(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Unigweson25:
Zoo is even better than this country because dia is an element of control by zoologist.
hahahahahaha, nna web. ike obodo a agwulam oo
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by chachanga: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Hmmmmmm.

Why not?
Would that have been so strange for one who felt he'd made it out of the hood to come and visit the old blocks again?
Aren't we the same pple complaining about how people make a little change and forsake those in the village?

The truth is that Nigerian Army are quite undisciplined, irrational and unmanageable.

The anti-corruption drive wouldn't be complete without their mass purging and reorientation of the rest.

1 Like

Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by InvertedHammer: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

We dont live in a perfect world Thats why people who are given a responsibility to enforce the law must act with discipline, maturity amd where they fail they should be held accountable for their actions.
You on the other hand seems to be excusing bad behaviour and its nauseating to see you blame the victim.
To you its "just Izu Joseph" one man, you dont care because its not you as long as Ure comfortable fùck Izu shey.
Well some of the world's longest and most bitter conflicts started with the killing of one man. I pray that when the tables turn and we turn Nigeria into the next Syria due to our insensitivity and carelessness it doesnt affect you.
/
If you take infantile emotions out of it, you will understand better. It is known as being at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time and paid dearly with his life--guilty of association. He is not the first and will not be the last. Right or wrong, there is a reason folks part with N50 at a checkpoint. Arguing about citizens' rights with an inebriated officer with an assault rifle is not the right way. It is known as common sense. It is akin to taking the bible to Maiduguri to preach to muslims because religious freedom is in our constitution. Common sense comes first. Have you ever heard of any arrest(s) of ND militants? Of course not. Because they are treated as enemy combatants by the JTF. There are some places a rational fellow has no business being in Nigeria now--Maiduguri and ND creeks are two perfect examples.

All these emotions are based on the assumption that the game of football was his only source of income.
\
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by fabre4: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
If you take infantile emotions out of it, you will understand better. It is known as being at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time and paid dearly with his life--guilty of association. He is not the first and will not be the last. Right or wrong, there is a reason folks part with N50 at a checkpoint. Arguing about citizens' rights with an inebriated officer with an assault rifle is not the right way. It is known as common sense. It is akin to taking the bible to Maiduguri to preach to muslims because religious freedom is in our constitution. Common sense comes first. Have you ever heard of any arrest(s) of ND militants? Of course not. Because they are treated as enemy combatants by the JTF. There are some places a rational fellow has no business being in Nigeria now--Maiduguri and ND creeks are two perfect examples.

All these emotions are based on the assumption that the game of football was his only source of income.
\

So what's ur point, is it that the NA are licensed to commit extra judicial killings as long as the victim is at the wrong place at the wrong time?
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
fabre4:

So what's ur point, is it that the NA are licensed to commit extra judicial killings as long as the victim is at the wrong place at the wrong time?
InvertedHammer:

/

\
fabre4:

Its not only about emotions its about doing whats right.
The difference between other societies and ours is
While others work towards getting stuff right
Nigerians try to justify whats wrong. I guess if an armed robber breaks into your house and robs you you will try to justify it. Im done talking about this. your opinion man
SMH
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
fabre4:

Please leave him be. What a warped mentality
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by InvertedHammer: 12:13am On Oct 21, 2016
fabre4:

/
Yes. If you are at the wrong place at the wrong time you will become a collateral damage. Simple.
\
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by InvertedHammer: 12:17am On Oct 21, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Nigerians try to justify whats wrong. I guess if an armed robber breaks into your house and robs you you will try to justify it. Im done talking about this. your opinion man
SMH
/
An armed robber than breaks into my house will get full blast from an AR-15. It means he chose the wrong house at the wrong time. The robber's family cannot turn around and accuse me of manslaughter because the robber has no business trespassing in my house in the first place. It doesn't mean I have a blanket order to kill. But considering the scenario, the robber gave up his right to live the minute he broke into my house.

The moral of the story is to avoid trouble spots that may make one a victim. I bet if you learn that there is an armed robbery going on in a bank near your house, you will not dress up and run into the same bank.

Have you ever heard of innocent bystanders? They are victims of circumstances just like Mr. Izu. As civilized as US is, there are some southern cities I dare not drive into as a black man. There are some inner cities a white person dare not step into. If you get robbed in Caliope or Chiraq, goodluck calling the police because they will not bother to show up. That is your almighty USA. It is left for individuals to exercise restraints in where they expose themselves. Guess what? Nigeria and other places are not any different.
\
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 21, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
An armed robber than breaks into my house will get full blast from an AR-15. It means he chose the wrong house at the wrong time. The robber's family cannot turn around and accuse me of manslaughter because the robber has no business trespassing in my house in the first place. It doesn't mean I have a blanket order to kill. But considering the scenario, the robber gave up his right to live the minute he broke into my house.

The moral of the story is to avoid trouble spots that may make one a victim. I bet if you learn that there is an armed robbery going on in a bank near your house, you will not dress up and run into the same bank.

Have you ever heard of innocent bystanders? They are victims of circumstances just like Mr. Izu. As civilized as US is, there are some southern cities I dare not drive into as a black man. There are some inner cities a white person dare not step into. If you get robbed in Caliope or Chiraq, goodluck calling the police because they will not bother to show up. That is your almighty USA. It is left for individuals to exercise restraints in where they expose themselves. Guess what? Nigeria and other places are not any different.
\
Oh I take it you live in the US but sound so Nigerian, sad
Its true then. you can take the man out of the jungle but you cant take the jungle out of the man.
Have a good day
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Gentle99(m): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kosy79:
The reason why they walk up to him and shot him d sec time is because they don't want d guy to sue them to court for shooting sporadically at innocent people and d reason they collected his phone and id is because they don't want any evidence to expose their wickedness.

The idiots couldn't defeat NDA.

JTF are trained to kill and shoot sporadically at innocent civilians.

I don't know what our govt are thinking self in protecting d citizens under their care.

Thunder will fire and strike anybody that will say Nigeria will be better cos they bloods that has been spilled on this land are many and they are crying for justice and vengeance. GOD will avenge their deaths cos they are human and not chicken.

Nigeria the Worst country ever..........

If you evaluate every occurence that happens here in Naija, e go tire you.

Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by fabre4: 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

SMH

am sorry I don't understand the point you are trying to make because if its not about emotions then there was no reason for the extra judicial killing.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by InvertedHammer: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Oh I take it you live in the US but sound so Nigerian, sad
Its true then. you can take the man out of the jungle but you cant take the jungle out of the man.
Have a good day
/
That's where experience matters. I say what I live and not what I read. Be humble enough to learn; it may save your life in future.
The world is not a fantasy island neither is it El dorado.
\
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by fabre4: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Yes. If you are at the wrong place at the wrong time you will become a collateral damage. Simple.
\

the issue isn't whether he was at the wrong place or not, the issue is is his killing justified or right but since you said he was at the wrong place at the wrong time let me ask u dis question. Was there a curfew put in place? if no then then what makes you think he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not let it happen to you before you speak against it nobody deserves extra judicial killing well except the politicians and the money and oil mongers who breed militants and then send soldiers to kill innocent civilians rather than the militants.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Kosy79(f): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
Gentle99:

If you evaluate every occurence that happens here in Naija, e go tire you.
Make I kukuma waka go my village cos naija e don tire me. make I go Anambra
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by InvertedHammer: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
fabre4:

the issue isn't whether he was at the wrong place or not, the issue is is his killing justified or right but since you said he was at the wrong place at the wrong time let me ask u dis question. Was there a curfew put in place? if no then then what makes you think he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not let it happen to you before you speak against it nobody deserves extra judicial killing well except the politicians and the money and oil mongers who breed militants and then send soldiers to kill innocent civilians rather than the militants.
/
I can give you a list of places you shouldn't go. If you think you need a curfew first to decide places to avoid, then you may become a victim of unforseen circumstances.

Walking around with a bible in the NorthEast? No. Gallivanting with a traveling bag around Oshodi at midnight? No. Hanging out in the ND creek? No. Walking from Upper Iweka to Awada in the middle of the night? No.

There are no curfews in the few zones I mentioned. The stubborn few that will throw caution to the wind may not live to share their experience.
\
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by fabre4: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
I can give you a list of places you shouldn't go. If you think you need a curfew first to decide places to avoid, then you may become a victim of unforseen circumstances.

Walking around with a bible in the NorthEast? No. Gallivanting with a traveling bag around Oshodi at midnight? No. Hanging out in the ND creek? No. Walking from Upper Iweka to Awada in the middle of the night? No.

There are no curfews in the few zones I mentioned. The stubborn few that will throw caution to the wind may not live to share their experience.
\

shouldn't he be more scared of the terrorist or militants than the NA and the fact that he and his family were there proves that that place may have been safe until those soldiers raided there cos nobody not even s mad person will premeditatedly take his family for swimming in a battleground.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2016
May that soldier who cut down the life of our young footballer at his prime know no peace.May lives of young people be cut off in his family.
May he lived to experience pains till his death.
This prayers goes to all our military and uniform men involved in extra-judicial killings of innocent Nigerians.
Too many sad news of intentional extra-judicial killings by our security personnel.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by Gentle99(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Hmmmmmm.

Going to shower simply means going to bath. Why won't you Nigerians analyze things rightly? Haven't you ever said that you're gonna shower but you've got no shower in your bathroom? You guys keep protecting the government. Should i tell you, only two things deserve respect in Nigeria, Our Movie and Our Music Industry. Everything other thing deserves no respect. I'm still working on a sniper gun that can be shot in Cape Town and it'll kill Buhari in Aso Villa. Open your eyes and stop protecting these blood thirsty vampires. Unless they give you a share out of those looted funds.
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by villavic(m): 2:14am On Oct 24, 2016
PunterTim:
Your english is incompetent!
you need nobody to tell you that you are incompetent
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by villavic(m): 2:19am On Oct 24, 2016
ancientbanana:
u knw i can't because nigerian army is lawless n irrational in thinking so they beat me up that doesn't mean Wat I said isn't true. Truth is truth n can't only b suppressed but can never be converted to lies.

have you come to think of it this way, maybe the guy would have been alive if this hospital he was admitted attend and do the needful at the right time...dont always blame one side
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by villavic(m): 2:51am On Oct 24, 2016
jeff1993:
...... MR MAN FACE FRONT ...... d army killed a NPFL player ..... what do u want me to understand.... or should it happen to u or or family b4 u understand??

have you come to think of it this way, maybe the guy would have been alive if this hospital he was admitted attend and do the needful at the right time...dont always blame one side
Re: "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father by ancientbanana: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2016
villavic:

I guess u don't stay in rivers if not u wld knw the true story. He was never admitted in the hospital, he was first shot on the leg then went to him as he cried out of being a footballer n showed them is ID card but one over zealous military still shot him. And it didn't happen at any shrine, it happened close to a market n the military cooked up the shrine story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finidi George: Victor Osimhen Drops Another Video, Reveals What Really Happened / Mikel Obi Donates To Siasa, His Share Of Japanese Surgeon's Cash Gift / Tanzania President Samia Suluhu-Hassan Calls Women Footballers ‘Flat-Chested’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.