Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself (1190 Views)

The Perfect Scriptures For Easter Weekend / What Happens At The After-life / After Life Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
When I die I want to end up in a planet as big as earth, at first it will be a big ball of space with nothing but me in it and every thing that appears is a figment of my imagination that turned to reality.
So I can imagine anything I want and It will turn to reality. I want the trees,birds,animals,rocks and every existing entity in the planet to be as i imagine. A planet where i can only feel pain,hunger,love or any other emotion when i want to. A planet where it rains when i want and it snows when i desire, a place where I can get eaten by a lion whenever i feel like it and have anything i want just by imagining it.
This is what I want paradise to be like and anything less is totally not worth praying for.
So how about you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2016
The perfect afterlife for me is either a fullstop to existence or reincarnation with minute memories to know I once lived before.
A continuation of life without an end gets boring after a few hundred years no matter the perks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2016
perfect afterlife for me would be no afterlife
next best would be reincarnation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by DeSepiero(m): 11:17am On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

What happened to the stripper club and beer factory? grin
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

What happened to the stripper club and beer factory? grin

lol, that one na for those Christians that always try to impose their own afterlife on me

although beer volcano and stripper factory is much times better than theirs grin

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

For real?
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
For real?

yes, I want to stop existing

and if I reincarnate, I want no memory of my previous life; either way, once Hopefullandlord dies, he actually stays dead and buried

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 11:39am On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

yes, I want to stop existing

and if I reincarnate, I want no memory of my previous life; either way, once Hopefullandlord dies, he actually stays dead and buried
E be like say you don enjoy this life well well o. I think the hopeful in your moniker should be changed to hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 11:58am On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
E be like say you don enjoy this life well well o. I think the hopeful in your moniker should be changed to hopeless.

its obvious eternity would get very boring after a while; imagine "enjoying" for eternity

that "enjoyment" would turn to "suffering" if you don't suffer once in a while

let's imagine there's a food you regard as your best food but you can't afford to eat that food everyday because its pretty expensive; so you eat this food once in a while and you enjoy it every time; you tell everyone who cares to listen that you would love eating the food for the rest of your life if you can afford it and you actually mean it

one day, you got a letter from the court that a very distant relative of yours who only knew you as a baby and had drifted apart from you since then died of old age and left you £1B in inheritance

suddenly you can eat that food you've always LOVED as many times as possible till you die

so you start eating only that, morning, noon, night

I promise you that you'll HATE the food before 6 months; when I say HATE, I mean real hate that you'll feel like vomiting anytime you see that food

why?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by EyeHateGod: 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
I still prefer Islam Heaven grin

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

its obvious eternity would get very boring after a while; imagine "enjoying" for eternity

let's imagine there's a food you regard as your best food but you can't afford to eat that food everyday because its pretty expensive; so you eat this food once in a while and you enjoy it every time; you tell everyone who cares to listen that you would love eating the food for the rest of your life if you can afford it and you actually mean it

one day, you got a letter from the court that a very distant relative of yours who only knew you as a baby and had drifted apart from you since then died of old age and left you £1B in inheritance

suddenly you can eat that food you've always LOVED as many times as possible till you die

I promise you that you'll HATE the food before 6 months; when I say HATE, I mean real hate that you'll feel like vomiting anytime you see that food

why?
This is a rather earthly view of eternity. Heavenly eternity is most likely going to contain a plethora of engagements which our very limited minds cannot possibly fathom now.
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is a rather earthly view of eternity. Heavenly eternity is most likely going to contain a plethora of engagements which our very limited minds cannot possibly fathom now.

you mean

plethora of engagements without end

na, even beer volcano and having sex with strippers would become a chore

BTW, you haven't answered the question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you mean

Leave the guy abeg. Can he even fathom eternity, he's just spouting what he was indoctrinated to think. Eternity is more than 400 billion years, Even if it was an unrelenting hedonistic lifestyle it would still be boring. Not even to talk about living righteously with God for eternity. Lol. Not unless they'll take away everything that makes you human, will you enjoy such an existence, and if I'm not human what's the use.
As for me I prefer no after life, if its not reality, Bleep it. I would love to exist among humans in the real world, till our very inevitable end(except we conquer it) whether it be the next thousand years or a million. And an added bonus would be never seperating from friends and family. Anything else would be a delusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Afterlife?

Nahh,
this one is enough.

Eternity gets boring after a while

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you mean

The answer to your question is that one gets tired of doing the same thing, no matter how interesting after a while. You are already assuming without any knowledge whatsoever that whatever we do in Heaven is going to be a monotonous affair. But what if it's a different thing, a new experience each time. Let me give an example: Personally I love watching American TV shows (especially thrillers)- I really love Game of Thrones for example that I have watched it about five times (start to finish), others that I really love are 24, Homeland, Strike back etc. I have watched these things over and over and I only go out to look for shows that are on the same level as the above mentioned. Do you think I'll ever get tired of watching new TV shows that are on the same level as these? Absolutely not. As long as there are shows that can match or even beat GOT on the market, I'll never get tired of watching them even if I live for a billion years as every one is a new experience. You have been watching the UCL for years, are you tired yet even though it's the same football that is played every week. Why? Will you ever get tired of watching Real Madrid?...I realize that this is a rather crude way of explaining this but I believe you get the point. CC: Lennycool
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

why?
Hence the reason I believe no matter how bad pain and suffering is in hell humans would always adjust to it. Eternity is a very long time to not get used to torture of whichever sort.
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
...and there's no proof the humans who wrote this down experienced it while on earth to tell others. It's like someone telling you what happens after death and wants you to believe knowing fully well nobody has died and come back to tell the tale.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The answer to your question is that one gets tired of doing the same thing, no matter how interesting after a while. You are already assuming without any knowledge whatsoever that whatever we do in Heaven is going to be a monotonous affair. But what if it's a different thing, a new experience each time. Let me give an example: Personally I love watching American TV shows (especially thrillers)- I really love Game of Thrones for example that I have watched it about five times (start to finish), others that I really love are 24, Homeland, Strike back etc. I have watched these things over and over and I only go out to look for shows that are on the same level as the above mentioned. Do you think I'll ever get tired of watching new TV shows that are on the same level as these? Absolutely not. As long as there are shows that can match or even beat GOT on the market, I'll never get tired of watching them even if I live for a billion years as every one is a new experience. You have been watching the UCL for years, are you tired yet even though it's the same football that is played every week. Why? Will you ever get tired of watching Real Madrid?...I realize that this is a rather crude way of explaining this but I believe you get the point. CC: Lennycool
And you think you'll see earthly things like movies in heaven? Hell No. Especially not GOT with all the sex scenes and violence. Did Jesus not say in the end you'll leave earthly things behind.
You better be prepared to praise God for all eternity, and listen to non stop replays of chioma Jesus. Guy heaven will be boring, no EPL, no movies, no video games, no sex, nothing fun at all. No to mention almost everyone you know will be burning in hell. All your favourite celebrities, best friends, family members. The only way to make humans not hate heaven is yo take away human emotions, to make you a stoic robot, and I don't know about you but I don't want that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
charix:

...and there's no proof the humans who wrote this down experienced it while on earth to tell others. It's like someone telling you what happens after death and wants you to believe knowing fully well nobody has died and come back to tell the tale.
It's called faith!

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
Lennycool:

And you think you'll see earthly things like movies in heaven? Hell No. Especially not GOT with all the sex scenes and violence. Did Jesus not say in the end you'll leave earthly things behind.
You better be prepared to praise God for all eternity, and listen to non stop replays of chioma Jesus. Guy heaven will be boring, no EPL, no movies, no video games, no sex, nothing fun at all. No to mention almost everyone you know will be burning in hell. All your favourite celebrities, best friends, family members. The only way to make humans not hate heaven is yo take away human emotions, to make you a stoic robot, and I don't know about you but I don't want that.
This is a strawman attempt. My comment was to explain why a single activity continously will not be boring as each time is a new experience. Stay on track dude!
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's called faith!
Faith without proof = insanity. Anyway, better to bank on something than nothing.
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is a strawman attempt. My comment was to explain why a single activity continously will not be boring as each time is a new experience. Stay on track dude!
Let me try my hand at this. You say it's about watching TV but different shows on it. The major action here is watching TV, something I can't picture you doing for two or three days on end. No matter how interesting the programming it gets boring after a while.
Remember if you calculate all the time you've spent consecutively watching these shows I don't think it would account for a full four years of existence. Now imagine forty years of this, you would tire quick -- if not in a century then two.
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 12:29am On Oct 21, 2016
charix:

Faith without proof = insanity. Anyway, better to bank on something than nothing.
Huh The absence of proof is what faith is man. Sheeeesh!!

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 12:34am On Oct 21, 2016
charix:

Let me try my hand at this. You say it's about watching TV but different shows on it. The major action here is watching TV, something I can't picture you doing for two or three days on end. No matter how interesting the programming it gets boring after a while.
Remember if you calculate all the time you've spent consecutively watching these shows I don't think it would account for a full four years of existence. Now imagine forty years of this, you would tire quick -- if not in a century then two.
I was only trying to explain to the other guy that a single event does not necessarily have to be monotonous.
Since you have come, try the premier league or the UCL, people watch it weekly, the same football, the same everything but they don't get tired. Why?
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I was only trying to explain to the other guy that a single event does not necessarily have to be monotonous.
Since you have come, try the premier league or the UCL, people watch it weekly, the same football, the same everything but they don't get tired. Why?
Like I said they can't sit down for four full days watching it nonstop, they'd get tired. Even the act of living which humans consider the ultimate pleasure gets tiring after age 80 or so. I can't imagine entertainment of any sort stay interesting for so long.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 1:08am On Oct 21, 2016
charix:

Like I said they can't sit down for four full days watching it nonstop, they'd get tired. Even the act of living which humans consider the ultimate pleasure gets tiring after age 80 or so. I can't imagine entertainment of any sort stay interesting for so long.
Who told you they'll do anything non-stop in Heaven?
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Who told you they'll do anything non-stop in Heaven?
Living for eternity should start your argument. Majority of posters have already agreed it becomes boring after a few hundred years.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 1:22am On Oct 21, 2016
charix:

Living for eternity should start your argument. Majority of posters have already agreed it becomes boring after a few hundred years.
Those posters are limited by their perception of time. It is posited that time exists so that everything does not happen at once. The past, present and future happen at once. Have you considered the possibility of time being perceived differently in Heaven. In fact it has to be because we measure time simply by the rotation of the Earth. It's surely going to be different as their wouldn't be time as we know it. So it is quite short-sighted to measure eternity in human years.
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 1:30am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Those posters are limited by their perception of time. It is posited that time exists so that everything does not happen at once. The past, present and future happen at once. Have you considered the possibility of time being perceived differently in Heaven. In fact it has to be because we measure time simply by the rotation of the Earth. It's surely going to be different as their wouldn't be time as we know it. So it is quite short-sighted to measure eternity in human years.

lol

we heard it all before

One hears phrases like, "Eternity is so long that a million years of earth time is just one second of eternity." Or, "Eternity is not a period of time at all; it is 'timelessness', the ever-present 'now."' The word is also used synonymously with "infinity," which is just a mathematical way of saying, "etcetera."

but the point here is "never-ending"

even if you measure time my 15,000,000,000,000 earth rotation for each second on heaven, eternity still balances it up

how long before you get bored? the first 500000000 quintillion years? and that's still not eternity

it seems you wrap your head around eternity with no problem

I can't seem to do that

1 Like

Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Those posters are limited by their perception of time.
As you should too.

Have you considered the possibility of time being perceived differently in Heaven.
A theory but not sure fact. No different from what pastors preach about heaven every sunday without every stepping foot.

It's surely going to be different as their wouldn't be time as we know it.
Until we get there we would find out.

So it is quite short-sighted to measure eternity in human years.
This is our only experience in everything. Like telling someone to imagine watching TV in colour before the advent of colour TV it is not possible. We as humans would stick to only what we're familiar with and use it to explain happenings around us. Another good example are the people stuck in superstition and refuse to accept scientific truths because it involves thinking out of the box.
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by Ranchhoddas: 1:43am On Oct 21, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol

we heard it all before

One hears phrases like, "Eternity is so long that a million years of earth time is just one second of eternity." Or, "Eternity is not a period of time at all; it is 'timelessness', the ever-present 'now."' The word is also used synonymously with "infinity," which is just a mathematical way of saying, "etcetera."

but the point here is "never-ending"

even if you measure time my 15,000,000,000,000 earth rotation for each second on heaven, eternity still balances it up

how long before you get bored? the first 500000000 quintillion years? and that's still not eternity

it seems you wrap your head around eternity with no problem

I can't seem to do that
I get. But if you can consider the possibility of Heaven, is it now too difficult to think that Whoever created that place would also be able to take of the time conundrum?
Re: Describe The Perfect After-life For Yourself by otemanuduno: 2:09am On Oct 21, 2016
Badyear:
When I die I want to end up in a planet as big as earth, at first it will be a big ball of space with nothing but me in it and every thing that appears is a figment of my imagination that turned to reality.
So I can imagine anything I want and It will turn to reality. I want the trees,birds,animals,rocks and every existing entity in the planet to be as i imagine. A planet where i can only feel pain,hunger,love or any other emotion when i want to. A planet where it rains when i want and it snows when i desire, a place where I can get eaten by a lion whenever i feel like it and have anything i want just by imagining it.
This is what I want paradise to be like and anything less is totally not worth praying for.
So how about you?
Who or what inspired you to open this thread

DOCTUFOS:
Danyal 3: 14-27
14. Now after this manner did the light teach me more.
15. Now the light said to me, O Danyal, the things which are created by anyone’s imagination can be made to be accessed by another through the words which they read.
16. Then I said, how can that be? And the light said, the fire which you saw is made by the imagination of Nymphidis(yahweh), one of the sons of God. And it could be accessed by anyone whose mind has been brought to the awareness of it.

17. Now did I say, how can one bring another to the awareness of the things in one’s head? Then the light said, by writing down the things which you want them to be aware of. And when such one has submitted to those things written down, they shall one day access those things in their heads also. For I have said before that all heads in the universe are connected to one another.
18. Now O Danyal, come now and I shall show you the things which you have ever imagined since you have been born. Then did the light show to me all the things I have ever imagined and the ones which I have ever done since I was born. And I saw all of them at once, for my vision was made broad.
19. Then the light said, come with me and I shall show you this place. Now did the light take me to a place where all manners of ugly creatures lay. And he said to me, whenever you are scared of a disease, you sometimes imagine yourself having it, and you get scared.
20. Now by continual thought of having such sickness shall it come upon he who thinks about it often. For your imaginations are very great.
21. Now as I said before, he who thinks of fire many times shall indeed end up igniting fire upon himself. And he who thinks of a better world all the time shall see the things which he thinks upon in his dreams and if he lives long enough, he shall see the things he imagined come to pass.
22. The secret of a happy life is to imagine only good things and cast away fears of the unknown and the future.
23. For life is what you think it is and not what others think it is on your behalf.
24. Now O Danyal, if you take life individually, you shall see only what you wish to see in it and the imaginations of others shall never once appear to you. Now O Danyal, think directly from your head and go only the places you wish for yourself. The path of fire imagined by some sons of God can be avoided if you take no thought of them.
25. And evil dreams can be turned to good if you ponder on good things in your meditations.
26. Now O Danyal, come back here at wish through deep meditations, and I shall appear to you to teach you more things.
27. Now when I opened my eyes upon my bed, I wept because I did not wish to leave that state where I was.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Prophecies For 2017 / Why Would God Deliver GIRLS Into The Hands Of The RAPISTS? / Two Religions : Works And Blood - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.