Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work (58669 Views)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / "The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) / Ekiti Farmer Forces Snake That Swallowed His Lambs To Vomit Them (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
During work hours today at work(dredging site),the sun got sk hot that i and my colleuges had to find a shelter to save us from the wrath of the sun.
Not so long after finding a perfect spot,we saw a big snake (Called Ajuala in igbo). It was resting after swallowing a fish.

With the hieght of hunger n our vex for the hot sun,we didnt hesitate before killing the snake (well u know the rest).

the snake looks like its related the python family but the head is different.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
1st picture

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Dannyfaraday(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
This Snake's head no be hear oo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
more

1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Ogbulaba(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
I think dats a viper n u guys are really lucky cos it's highly lethal

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by finally1(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
hmnmm.. lalaaticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Nightie(f): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nigerians kill nd eat anytin edible.[quote author=nyabinghi post=50359608][/quote]

thanks dear smiley

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by spawnx: 12:36am On Oct 20, 2016
It is called a Gaboon viper.
Gaboon Viper
Common Name: Gaboon Viper or Gaboon Adder
Scientific Name: Bitis gabonica
GABOON VIPER
The largest African viper, this snake has a striking coloration and pattern that nevertheless offers it camouflage.

The gaboon viper ( Bitis gabonica ) is considered to produce more venom than any other venomous snake.

A single adult male may have enough venom to inject lethal doses into 30 individual men. Not only do they produce more venom than any other snake but they also inject more deeply.

Although sluggish and docile by nature, Gaboons are unpredictable and capable of great speed in short bursts making them extremely dangerous

229 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 5:05am On Oct 20, 2016
Ogbulaba:

phweeew!!!!
well am so sure if the death news of the snake gets to its brothers,they would tag my place of work "Danger Zone"

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 5:07am On Oct 20, 2016
spawnx:
It is called a Gaboon viper.
Gaboon Viper
Common Name: Gaboon Viper or Gaboon Adder
Scientific Name: Bitis gabonica
GABOON VIPER
The largest African viper, this snake has a striking coloration and pattern that nevertheless offers it camouflage.

The gaboon viper ( Bitis gabonica ) is considered to produce more venom than any other venomous snake.

A single adult male may have enough venom to inject lethal doses into 30 individual men. Not only do they produce more venom than any other snake but they also inject more deeply.

Although sluggish and docile by nature, Gaboons are unpredictable and capable of great speed in short bursts making them extremely dangerous

good info sir but it has turned into pepper soup already.

cc: Lalasticlala food yaff ready ooo

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 5:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Dannyfaraday:
This Snake's head no be hear oo

Afraid wee catch u if you see it in person.

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Ogbulaba(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
sommyblaze:

phweeew!!!!
well am so sure if the death news of the snake gets to its brothers,they would tag my place of work "Danger Zone"
most def grin
sommyblaze:

phweeew!!!!
most def

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by ddestiny20(m): 9:05am On Oct 20, 2016
snake again

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by veekid(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok next?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by lyterydim(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2016
Secret:nairaland password is..snake_seun
Hackers thank letter

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by WalkerMichael(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2016
I knew it.... The moment I saw Lalasticlala viewing this thread. My guy and snake ehn (someone should help me with that mugabe's pishure) :v

Anyways, today is my birthday guys. 1like signifies 30 birthday wish and I need a million birthday wish... Oya let's do this smiley smiley

206 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sakalisis(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2016
Deadly .... See head .......Thank Jehovah

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by MinorityTribe: 11:13am On Oct 20, 2016
That is a very poisonous viper. Eat it at your own risk because i know say na pepper soup things dey your mind now. Wait you have already eaten it? Sorry OP you will most likely die soon. Please at least give me your phone and some money before you die. Thanks.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by saaedlee: 11:13am On Oct 20, 2016
Ghen ghen

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by MrBONE2(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2016
SEE Berbecue Thing. grin

Let do the needful before LALA land grin

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by legendte(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2016
I just want to clap for the mod wey relegate me to the OZA BAN ROOM for no just cause.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by twentyk(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2016
I sincerely hope you people wee not kill finish all d snake in naija....
Snakes be wandering why una dey kill us sef gan...we not come ur house na,jejely we dey our cabal u still come kill us...

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by buffalowings: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Respect the snake thread

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Gozzzy(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2016
ajuala is ball python!!! with small head and fat body..... Gaboon viper is different.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by kentozybee(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Ogbulaba:

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Tonason: 11:15am On Oct 20, 2016
This is very very deadly, one bite It is death.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by MARKone(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2016
One of the deadliest snake ever liveth. OP you try, me I no wan problems, make e carry the fish and him wahala dey go.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather / Lioness Goes In For A HUG With Her Human Best Friend ( Pics, Video) / Cobra Found Inside A Toilet In Yola, Adamawa State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.