Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,145 members, 7,953,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:13 PM

A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work (58769 Views)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / "The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) / Ekiti Farmer Forces Snake That Swallowed His Lambs To Vomit Them (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by spartoo: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
sommyblaze:
During work hours today at work(dredging site),the sun got sk hot that i and my colleuges had to find a shelter to save us from the wrath of the sun.
Not so long after finding a perfect spot,we saw a big snake (Called Ajuala in igbo). It was resting after swallowing a fish.

With the hieght of hunger n our vex for the hot sun,we didnt hesitate before killing the snake (well u know the rest).

the snake looks like its related the python family but the head is different.

it swallowed a fish and u killed it. is it your fish?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by calabardick(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
spawnx:
It is called a Gaboon viper.
Gaboon Viper
Common Name: Gaboon Viper or Gaboon Adder
Scientific Name: Bitis gabonica
GABOON VIPER
The largest African viper, this snake has a striking coloration and pattern that nevertheless offers it camouflage.

The gaboon viper ( Bitis gabonica ) is considered to produce more venom than any other venomous snake.

A single adult male may have enough venom to inject lethal doses into 30 individual men. Not only do they produce more venom than any other snake but they also inject more deeply.

Although sluggish and docile by nature, Gaboons are unpredictable and capable of great speed in short bursts making them extremely dangerous

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by sommyblaze(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
gaby:

Bro im interested in this your site...where are you guys dredging...08156666507
Owerri IMO state
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy snake dey humgry me to eat yumu....obe ti sor

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Baroba(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
The Gaboon viper surely packs a lot of venom mere looking at its head..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by lucarella: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
All you people shouting about eating a deadly snake. The venom doesn't harm you when ingested. Venoms are mostly protein and your body will digest the venom as protein. But what is deadly is when you eat a snake venom when you have a cut in your mouth. Proteins are harmful when they come in contact with blood, not to your digestive system.

So my dear brothers, eat it all but if you have a cut in your mouth, I'm sorry for you. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Jacko1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
These are thw snake species we need to make extinct

The camoflage of that snake no be here oh

If that thing dey sand walai u fot no see am

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
I killed this viper first at age 15 years when clearing our farm.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by ibolomo(m): 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
MinorityTribe:
That is a very poisonous viper. Eat it at your own risk because i know say na pepper soup things dey your mind now. Wait you have already eaten it? Sorry OP you will most likely die soon. Please at least give me your phone and some money before you die. Thanks.
he is not going to die. even if he drank the venom, he might not even feel it. If he is bitten however, na die remain

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by EbolaParasite: 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
twentyk:
I sincerely hope you people wee not kill finish all d snake in naija....
Snakes be wandering why una dey kill us sef gan...we not come ur house na,jejely we dey our cabal u still come kill us...

Consequences of growth and development. Nigeria is developing and as a result, we are continuously encroaching into their environment. We will continue seeing more cases of these snakes as we keep moving closer to their habitats.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by jnrbayano(m): 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
spawnx:
Gaboon Viper
GABOON VIPER
The largest African viper, this snake has a striking coloration and pattern that nevertheless offers it camouflage.

The gaboon viper ( Bitis gabonica ) is considered to produce more venom than any other venomous snake.

A single adult male may have enough venom to inject lethal doses into 30 individual men. Not only do they produce more venom than any other snake but they also inject more deeply.

Although sluggish and docile by nature, Gaboons are unpredictable and capable of great speed in short bursts making them extremely dangerous

Bold is not true. The King Cobra has that title.

..you also miss to say Gaboon Vipers have the longest fang of any snake specie in the world.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Rockyrascal(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
MinorityTribe:
That is a very poisonous viper. Eat it at your own risk because i know say na pepper soup things dey your mind now. Wait you have already eaten it? Sorry OP you will most likely die soon. Please at least give me your phone and some money before you die. Thanks.

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by purpledandelion: 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
Kgdavid:

Mr snake's advocate. please go and sit down. There is no snake under the sun that cannot or has not already been conquered by man. Even the deadly black mamba, who is "area fada" to the Gaboon Viper has been butchered for lunch over and over again.

Oh you eat black mambas too? I'd better watch my parrot around people like you undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by felsunseg(m): 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ogbulaba:
I think dats a viper n u guys are really lucky cos it's highly lethal
true bro, I even heard that it has no cure. the poison kill faster than anything.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Hades2016(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
spawnx:
Gaboon Viper
GABOON VIPER

oga e di too much grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Dexema(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
spawnx:
Gaboon Viper
GABOON VIPER

you just took me back to 300L Zoology class. Nice!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Kgdavid(m): 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
purpledandelion:

Oh you eat black mambas too? I'd better watch my parrot around people like you undecided

are you a feckin poof?
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by ogbobo: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
My brother this snake no b for pyhton family ooo!! This one na very dangerous Viper.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by riczy(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
sommyblaze:
During work hours today at work(dredging site),the sun got sk hot that i and my colleuges had to find a shelter to save us from the wrath of the sun.
Not so long after finding a perfect spot,we saw a big snake (Called Ajuala in igbo). It was resting after swallowing a fish.

With the hieght of hunger n our vex for the hot sun,we didnt hesitate before killing the snake (well u know the rest).ur piece of trash is replete with grammatical poo!

the snake looks like its related the python family but the head is different.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by OMAR12: 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
MinorityTribe:
bros av eaten this particular kind of snake countless number of times and am the one quoting u, not my spirit.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by MinorityTribe: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
OMAR12:
bros av eaten this particular kind of snake countless number of times and am the one quoting u, not my spirit.
I rebuke you. You want to drag me with you to the other world.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
From what I read they are very tolerant snakes and they only strike when they want to feed, they can be handled like non-venomous snakes but it is not advisable. They will only strike when extremely provoked and even that it may still not react but when they react, it's very quick and lethal. I also read they have the highest yield of venom than any other snake because when it bites, it sinks deep and doesn't let go.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by maximus10: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Run when you see black mamba
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Tobitrueman(m): 12:56am On Oct 21, 2016
MrBONE2:
SEE Berbecue Thing. grin

Let do the needful before LALA land grin
grin
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Boybrano(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=spawnx post=50349137]It is called a Gaboon viper.
Gaboon Viper
GABOON VIPER

Although sluggish and docile by nature, Gaboons are unpredictable and capable of great speed in short bursts making them extremely dangerous. MY GOD!! I ONCE STEPPED ON THIS SNAKE WHEN I WAS A MUCH YOUNGER. According to my mum, the snake is gentle but don't attack it at a close range
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
purpledandelion:
You must be very lucky the poor snake was weighed down by what it swallowed. It would have sank its fangs into your calf and that would probably be it for you because of how deadly vipers venom are. Just a word of advice, next time you see a viper, mind your business and let the beautiful thing be. It wouldn't mind giving you a deadly kiss at the slightest provocation especially in the sun when snakes are hyperactive. Be warned these are not pythons
I fear Gaboon viper like madt. I saw one in our university farm in a transparent hardened glass. and just having a closer look at its head it was already ready to strike if not for the glass that separated I and that snake it would have been RIP for me. I heard the head is strong enough to even break the glass.
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=kentozybee post=50358296][/quote] bro where can someone download these funny emoticons from. Thank you
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Ogbulaba(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=kentozybee post=50358296][/quote]Respect
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by Ogbulaba(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
felsunseg:
true bro, I even heard that it has no cure. the poison kill faster than anything.
yeah it's venom acts very fast in d body
Re: A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work by OMAR12: 12:56am On Oct 22, 2016
MinorityTribe:
I rebuke you. You want to drag me with you to the other world.
rebuke urself. of what use are u to me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Trap Caught A Pangolin (Pictured) / Cobra Found Inside A Toilet In Yola, Adamawa State(photos) / Lioness Goes In For A HUG With Her Human Best Friend ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.