Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 (5471 Views)

Nairaland Book Of The Month (1/2)--as Deep As The Sea By Serah Iyare / #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready / Help Safarigirl In A Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Divepen1(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Are you tired of trying to write for days but still not writing. it's a common problem and we can solve it together.
This competition will be used to help us all..

The aim of this competition is to get to at least 30000 words for a single novel in 30 days.

To Participate

* Signify your interest with the hashtag #NlWriters on this thread.
Then it kicks off on 23rd Oct and ends 23rd November.
I will be competiting also. The top 10 winners will get

1. Litehelp Character chart- the chart help you build your characters and help you understand the story better.
2. Litehelp Fiction help
So, to know the winners we will use points.
And the points will be in this format:
1. 5 points for posting.
2. 50 points for getting 10000 words
3. 100 points for writing 20000 words
4. 200 points for writing 30000 words
meaning all in all we are expected to get
(30*5)+ 50+100+200= 600 points
To Get your mark, you must add the hashtag #Nlwriters on the story.

The Following People Are Involved In This Competition And No other Person Is Allowed To Join Till The Next One.

1. Divepen
2. Lleigh
3. Stuff46
4. Horlorlahdaey
5. bibijay123
6.illicit
7. Leriebloom
8. fifaknuel
9. Oma4U

3 Likes

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by ademasta(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Divepen1(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2016
I'm in
#Nlwriters

Oya read and vote

As I closed the door behind me, my friend rushed towards me with a big smile.
'At last', he whispered.
I glanced at the room and couldn't specifically disagree with him. I sighed. I was done for. A very beautiful lady-scrap that- tarty lady was in my room. I was a Christian and she was a Christian friend. She had to sleep at my place because her fiancee wanted sex that night, but she adamantly refused and ended up in my room since she left his room angrily, forgetting he lived in an estate where the occupants can't move in and out after 9pm, and she had forgotten that she travelled to Ibadan from Lagos.
So, that night I sat at my table and read my bible unending until the morning came. She delightedly left my place, telling me how much she was pleased to have kept her virginity. I was happy as I saw her off to the car park, carefully emphasising why it was so good to keep her stance as a Christian.
'I left something for you in the house.'
'What?'
'A Thank-You note.'
'Oh! A note? You shouldn't have bothered'.
'There's more to it'.
I knew her. There was always more to everything. So I rushed home to meet my door opened wide and my neighbour in my room. He had an amused look.
'What?' I said.
He pointed at a paper he was holding and laughed.
'Okobo oshi, from Clara'
I looked at my zip. Clara had just called me impotent. Till today Clara has refused to pick my call.

This is the story I entered into Etisalat Flash fiction. Please click on the link below, and please vote for me.
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=113

2 Likes

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Lleigh(f): 9:51am On Oct 20, 2016
I am in #Nlwriters
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Lleigh(f): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2016
Question ......

How do we upload the the novel?
On here or do I upload as a file.

Sorry for the questions
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Divepen1(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2016
Lleigh:
Question ......
How do we upload the the novel? On here or do I upload as a file.
Sorry for the questions
No need to upload it. you will post it here. As in copy and paste
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by yorhmienerd(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
Alrice let me call my people Bibijay123 (former wife), Skarlett (Proposed wife), Pamelb, oyinprince, donkross, Ogodeylovely1, solomobrown64, ziniroe, fikfaknuel, Twaci, shewrites, boyo123, balogunrealone, leriebloom, domawoleye, nevetsibot, angelsss, angelinastto. Coman show your power. As for me, well...still thinking

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Akposb(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
Man...30000 words is eye popping, novelistic award deserve something better than those rewards you have put up there. It won't be wrong either to go low on the words.
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by stuff46(m): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
I am in #Nlwriters
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Lleigh(f): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Let your imagination flow....
30,000 is nothing...

1 Like

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Lleigh(f): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Remember when you show and tell invariably you use more words.

#Nlwriters
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Divepen1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
Akposb:
Man...30000 words is eye popping, novelistic award deserve something better than those rewards you have put up there. It won't be wrong either to go low on the words.
Bro. Quit whining and get to work. By the way, we all are upcoming writers. If you need a good deal go to Nanowrimo where you have to write 50000 words.
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Obinnau(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Akposb:
Must you be compensated for your "passion"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Horlorlardaey: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
I'm 100% in
#NlWriters

1 Like

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Akposb(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
Divepen1:
Bro. Quit whining and get to work. By the way, we all are upcoming writers. If you need a good deal go to Nanowrimo where you have to write 50000 words.
Guy I am sorry to say I am new to this idea of such long words within a short duration especially in a situation where one is not a full time writer. Everything that has to do with this competition is time, sorry if I sound pessimistic.
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Akposb(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Obinnau:
Must you be compensated for your "passion"?
I just shared an opinion and I wonder what compensation could pay for such a task like this.
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Lleigh(f): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
Akposb:

Guy I am sorry to say I am new to this idea of such long words within a short duration especially in a situation where one is not a full time writer. Everything that has to do with this competition is time, sorry if I sound pessimistic.

@Akposb
A 1;000 words a day is nothing.
Write first, then write right.
Put down your thoughts then go back and edit.. You will find out that 1,000 words us nothing.

But make the time for your 1,000 words.

We all type more than 1,000 words to people on our phones daily

1 Like

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by bibijay123(f): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
can i write on any topic of my choice?
cc divepen1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by bibijay123(f): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
I am in#Nlwriter

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by illicit(m): 1:43am On Oct 21, 2016
#Nlwriters

1 Like

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Divepen1(m): 3:03am On Oct 21, 2016
bibijay123:
can i write on any topic of my choice?
cc divepen1
Yes bibijay
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Leriebloom(f): 5:50am On Oct 21, 2016
I am in #Nlwriters
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by fikfaknuel(f): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2016
I'm in #NLwriters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Lleigh(f): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2016
@Divepen1,

If we all load our stories on this post, how will readers wade through them all?

What is the maximum word count per post?
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by kingphilip(m): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2016
Slides in

This one present nl finest are accepting this I'm sure it's gonna look good
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by fikfaknuel(f): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Bro, Akposb, look past the number of words for now.
You should be in on this. Let's kick it!

1 Like

Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
I for join o but ma pc head don knock...
Re: Nlwriters ( A Competition Of Dedication)- Month 1 by fikfaknuel(f): 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
Smallville10:
I for join o but ma pc head don knock...
Lolzzz. Me na phone I dey use type. My lapi no dey me hand since last month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need E-books Written By Johanna Lindsey / Knowing Alpha (An Alpha And Beta Duology, Book 1) by D. L. Biranen / Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.