Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? (3388 Views)

Blogging With Wordpress / 25 Legit Ways To Make Money Online Blogging With Wordpress And Blogger / How To Make Money From Blogging With Wordpress And other sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Eddodoh(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2016
For me, I love writing right from childhood. I am passionate about it. Before now, I can just pick up a pen and a book, and start writing short fictional stories. I wrote one with a title and people that read advised dat I publish it but I did not take it serious and I dumped it somewhere.

Recently, I decide to see to what I can do by myself leveraging my passion and skills. I decided to take up writing especially blogging. I published my first write-up yesterday.
check my blog www.eddykenworld..com

I need help opening adsense account. I want to make some bucks from it.

Passion first, money follows!!!!
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by cheapgoal: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2016
Mine is passion,and that zeal to be a better writer..

www.cheapgoals.com
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by raziboi(m): 9:51am On Oct 21, 2016
I BLOG TO MAKE PEOPLE RICH WITH MY GIFT!!!!!
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by bamisepeters(m): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2016
MaverickExcel1:
BLOGGING WITH INTENTION. WHAT IS YOUR WHY?

“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how” – Friedrich Nietzsche

Whenever someone signs up for my blog coaching program, the first question I always ask is: why do you want to start a blog?

This is where you'd get funny responses like:

"I have passion for blogging" really?

"I hear that blogging pays" Tell me about it!

"I want to be famous and known all over the world" Are you serious?

Those dreams are OK but they are too self centered.

Blogging should not just be about you.

We’re all working for something, and it’s perfectly fine to be working hard for your own success.

However, when other people are involved, and you get to the heart of your “why”, you start to see a bigger picture.

It is your why that will keep you longer than anybody else even when the money and fame are not forthcoming.

Before you venture into blogging, ask yourself what problem you'd be solving.

Don't say you want to start blogging because you like sharing information with others. Seriously? Everybody is doing the same thing.

Make sure there's a specific reason before ever going into blogging.

I started blogging because I wanted to mentor, inspire, support and empower young people to pursue entrepreneurship and build successful businesses.

That's what has been keeping me all these months in blogging.

There are months I don't make a dime but when I remember why I'm doing this, I just keep grinding.

Because I know my why, I don't struggle to get an audience or traffic. I don't even bother about traffic. If I can help just one person with my blog, then I'm fulfilled.

Knowing your why will keep you focused at one topic. My main focus is entrepreneurship and everything I do revolves around that topic. Hence I don't struggle with coming up with new ideas.

Ask yourself, is this something I want to do 5-10 years from now?

Will you still be blogging even when you're not making money and in tough competitions? Will you still speak even when no one is listening? Will you still write even when no one is reading?

Will you still keep a smiling face in times of zero like, zero comment and zero click?

I can't stress the importance of knowing your why enough.

My why can not be better than yours.

Whatever is your reason for starting a blog, let people be your number one focus.

Your blog should either be educative, informative, inspiring or entertaining. Make sure you're meeting people's needs.

People visit blogs to solve a particular problem. People are selfish and don't care about you until you start caring about them.

Companies blog to get more loyal customers or get more leads to their businesses.

Don't tell me you started an entertainment or music blog because you are passionate about sharing information... Lol...who passion EPP?

Wait until AdSense rejects your application five times then we'd know if it was passion or infatuation to money.

I'm now turning this into a blog post. Pardon me, there's so much in my heart to talk about but I'll stop here.

Search your heart: Why do you want to start blogging? Or why did you want to start a blog?

Challenge: In the comment box below, share with me why you started blogging or want to start blogging.

Until you know your why, being a successful blogger will be difficult and may take longer time.

My why: I started blogging to empower young people to pursue entrepreneurship and build successful businesses (online).

#MaverickBlogTips
Personally, i love counselling young lovers, i did and they all worked, even before i heard of linda ikeji i always wish i could get a platform where i can write just for relationships for people to learn not knowing it also pays even before i started.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by MaverickExcel1(m): 11:07am On Oct 21, 2016
Those blogging for money, let me see where you'll be in 2 to 3 years.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be blogging for money buy that should not be the focus.

Those who became successful in blogging, attained that height because they were FIRST genuinely interested in helping others.

Making money from a blog is suppose to be a byproduct of doing the right thing consistently and not something you struggle and sweat for.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Gidokblog(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2016
Passion is the keyword.. love to hear from you on my blog http://www.gidokblog.com
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by justFEARLESS(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
see Classikolic..com
zero revenue blog.
maybe something will start flowing in tomorrow.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by franciscafrosh: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
my why is for the passion I have for motivating people ...my motivational blog is centred on people and life occurrences. I blog at http://raphenzo..com
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Gidokblog(m): 9:33am On Nov 22, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us Phone Verification For Craiglist / Procedure For Gtpay / Easy Way To Get Mtn Free 750mb Data And 120 Minutes Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.