Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? (3376 Views)

Blogging With Wordpress / 25 Legit Ways To Make Money Online Blogging With Wordpress And Blogger / How To Make Money From Blogging With Wordpress And other sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by MaverickExcel1(m): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2016
BLOGGING WITH INTENTION. WHAT IS YOUR WHY?

“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how” – Friedrich Nietzsche

Whenever someone signs up for my blog coaching program, the first question I always ask is: why do you want to start a blog?

This is where you'd get funny responses like:

"I have passion for blogging" really?

"I hear that blogging pays" Tell me about it!

"I want to be famous and known all over the world" Are you serious?

Those dreams are OK but they are too self centered.

Blogging should not just be about you.

We’re all working for something, and it’s perfectly fine to be working hard for your own success.

However, when other people are involved, and you get to the heart of your “why”, you start to see a bigger picture.

It is your why that will keep you longer than anybody else even when the money and fame are not forthcoming.

Before you venture into blogging, ask yourself what problem you'd be solving.

Don't say you want to start blogging because you like sharing information with others. Seriously? Everybody is doing the same thing.

Make sure there's a specific reason before ever going into blogging.

I started blogging because I wanted to mentor, inspire, support and empower young people to pursue entrepreneurship and build successful businesses.

That's what has been keeping me all these months in blogging.

There are months I don't make a dime but when I remember why I'm doing this, I just keep grinding.

Because I know my why, I don't struggle to get an audience or traffic. I don't even bother about traffic. If I can help just one person with my blog, then I'm fulfilled.

Knowing your why will keep you focused at one topic. My main focus is entrepreneurship and everything I do revolves around that topic. Hence I don't struggle with coming up with new ideas.

Ask yourself, is this something I want to do 5-10 years from now?

Will you still be blogging even when you're not making money and in tough competitions? Will you still speak even when no one is listening? Will you still write even when no one is reading?

Will you still keep a smiling face in times of zero like, zero comment and zero click?

I can't stress the importance of knowing your why enough.

My why can not be better than yours.

Whatever is your reason for starting a blog, let people be your number one focus.

Your blog should either be educative, informative, inspiring or entertaining. Make sure you're meeting people's needs.

People visit blogs to solve a particular problem. People are selfish and don't care about you until you start caring about them.

Companies blog to get more loyal customers or get more leads to their businesses.

Don't tell me you started an entertainment or music blog because you are passionate about sharing information... Lol...who passion EPP?

Wait until AdSense rejects your application five times then we'd know if it was passion or infatuation to money.

I'm now turning this into a blog post. Pardon me, there's so much in my heart to talk about but I'll stop here.

Search your heart: Why do you want to start blogging? Or why did you want to start a blog?

Challenge: In the comment box below, share with me why you started blogging or want to start blogging.

Until you know your why, being a successful blogger will be difficult and may take longer time.

My why: I started blogging to empower young people to pursue entrepreneurship and build successful businesses (online).

#MaverickBlogTips

3 Likes

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by YorubaStinks: 6:15am On Oct 21, 2016
To earn a living from Google whose net worth is $50 billion

I don't do things for free or for passion

Do i look like a slave ??

11 Likes

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Generalmac(m): 6:26am On Oct 21, 2016
For the money..

2 Likes

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by henryobinna(m): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2016
I want to proffer solutions to some Android problems and in return get paid for that.

I do that at DroidPost

any more questions?

by the way what I do is content publishing and not blogging
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by sakalisis(m): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2016
For the passion inturn using it to advertise my unlocking business
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by bennymark(m): 6:32am On Oct 21, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by georgen2u(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by TopeQs: 6:39am On Oct 21, 2016
I'm yet to open a blog, but I want to open it so that I can have a place to write the many articles that cross my mind.

then we'll see how that goes...
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Brightgem(f): 6:41am On Oct 21, 2016
TopeQs:
I'm yet to open a blog, but I want to open it so that I can have a place to write the many articles that cross my mind.

then we'll see how that goes...
The quicker you start the better, started this year and have some 30+ posts for my blog and those I write on other blogs. Passion is my own first drive, real interest so I have not started making za money yet. I blog @ www.yourhealthattitude.com

1 Like

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 21, 2016
Most people say this but the truth is 95% of people that blog do so for money. Who doesn like money.

1 Like

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by ArewaTech1(m): 6:50am On Oct 21, 2016
For passion and to offer my services to others

[size=14pt]ArewaTech[/size]
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Tolu95(m): 6:50am On Oct 21, 2016
I start blogging because i want to experience how bloggers survive LOL
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by nmreports: 6:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 21, 2016
I need coaching on how to start a blog
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by TechOnly(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2016
I started with passion but as usual there is always reward for your passion.

Check my signature to start blogging today with AdSense approve website.
Do not miss this offer.. all you need to make money on the internet http://www.getneededinfo.com
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by TopeQs: 6:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Brightgem:
The quicker you start the better, started this year and have some 30+ posts for my blog and those I write on other blogs. Passion is my own first drive, real interest so I have not started making za money yet. I blog @ www.yourhealthattitude.com
I want to sharpen my writing abilities to some extent....

and I also want to understand how it works because I'm not really into this entertainment stuffs, I just write articles that comes to my head and what I see somewhere, maybe a latin adage or something.
I just write about things I see naturally.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by ConcNiggress56(f): 7:17am On Oct 21, 2016
wharrriisss a blog?
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Topmaike007(m): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2016
@op if I don't blog for money na who go give me money for data to publish more content... Nna I do it for the money oo
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by pryd(m): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2016
Passion is the primary drive. smiley

www.paveafrica.com

1 Like

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by TheOonlyOne: 7:34am On Oct 21, 2016
Money bro...
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Aawizdom(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2016
Hello guys, i wanted to start a blog for tutorials on mamy stuff e.g laptop, Phones, how to, electronics in particular, but also wants to share alot opinions, gossiping lols, information, n politics as well, how do u picture my success here?
thanx yall.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Brightgem(f): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2016
TopeQs:

I want to sharpen my writing abilities to some extent....

and I also want to understand how it works because I'm not really into this entertainment stuffs, I just write articles that comes to my head and what I see somewhere, maybe a latin adage or something.
I just write about things I see naturally.
Sounds good. Whatever things come to your head always make sure to pen them down. I think u can come up with a name for ur blog when ur ready that can in general capture all this thoughts I follow a site everyday called thoughtcatalog.com they always have awesome posts, a name like that can make u write abt different things u will just create different categories on ur blog so any new write up can go where it fits. Again, u could try to really understand where most of this ur thoughts fall, the things u want2 write about are they often about nature, human relationships, family, kids, the mind etc when u know this u can decide what Niche ur blog will be. U dnt want to start out with u blog talking abt Books today and then food tomorrow. U get me. Blogging is nice sha, especially when u start it for the love of it and actually see an audience coming to read up what u have to say.

1 Like

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Brendaniel: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2016
You hit the nail right on spot
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Seuncoded(f): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2016
Jarus:
Most people say this but the truth is 95% of people that blog do so for money. Who doesn like money.

Nasoo I blog because of money only
#KillYourSelf

If it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense

2 Likes

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by bamasite(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2016
my WHY of blogging is to SHARE THE SUCCESS SECRETS OF LIFE I HAVE DISCOVERED AND LEARNT.
I BLOG AT SUCCESS SECRETS
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by TopeQs: 8:01am On Oct 21, 2016
Seuncoded:

Nasoo I blog because of money only
#KillYourSelf

If it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense
Well, to some, it's just to get our ideas out instead of flooding Facebook with it, just to open a blog and check how far I can go with it.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2016
My WHY is to help everyone into being a better person than they were yesterday through my self development articles. It's inspiring and motivational, is a blog that needs to be bookmarked.

Click my signature.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by TopeQs: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2016
Brightgem:
Sounds good. Whatever things come to your head always make sure to pen them down. I think u can come up with a name for ur blog when ur ready that can in general capture all this thoughts I follow a site everyday called thoughtcatalog.com they always have awesome posts, a name like that can make u write abt different things u will just create different categories on ur blog so any new write up can go where it fits. Again, u could try to really understand where most of this ur thoughts fall, the things u want2 write about are they often about nature, human relationships, family, kids, the mind etc when u know this u can decide what Niche ur blog will be. U dnt want to start out with u blog talking abt Books today and then food tomorrow. U get me. Blogging is nice sha, especially when u start it for the love of it and actually see an audience coming to read up what u have to say.
very TRUE. you really understand...

I tried opening a blog sometimes back but I couldn't find a category to choose, I like how that site you visits looks, it's might be hard because I'm an independent writer and that site seems to have more than one. I want to come up with something like that, well I hope soon.....

thanks very MUCH, you've been of great help..... kiss

your blog is fabulous by the way, very helpful...... nice display.
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by Brightgem(f): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2016
TopeQs:

very TRUE. you really understand...

I tried opening a blog sometimes back but I couldn't find a category to choose, I like how that site you visits looks, it's might be hard because I'm an independent writer and that site seems to have more than one. I want to come up with something like that, well I hope soon.....

thanks very MUCH, you've been of great help..... kiss

your blog is fabulous by the way, very helpful...... nice display.
Thanks. I am humbled. Start writting anyways, keep them till u are ready for the blog or ready to publish

1 Like

Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by leksmedia: 8:58am On Oct 21, 2016
I generally love businesses , start ups and anything about business. I tried other forms of blogging I couldn't cope , I just had to stick to what I have passion about www.businessmopol.com
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by mengho(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2016
I do it, just because it's fun to say & type whatever I want, whenever i want & allow fefol to read it
Re: Blogging With Intention. What Is Your Why? by tot(f): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2016
Jarus:

95% ? Of those in Nigeria, or worldwide? Where did you get your stats from?
Even where money is the driving force if there is no genuine passion for the topic, it will not be sustainable. You can't give what you don't have.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Get Thousands Of Comment On Our Blog Posts / 20 Ways To Earn Audience You Should Know As A Blogger / How Can I Reset Blogger Template To Default

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.