Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Old Things - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Old Things (9552 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
OMA4U:
Thumbs up, Ishilove. And to Sir Uche Okonkwo.
Uche Okonkwo is actually a woman wink

Thanks for reading. I enjoyed it too

2 Likes

Re: Old Things by wman(m): 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
I enjoyed the story. Nice one.
Very good way of capturing their emotions.
Re: Old Things by CarlosTheJackal: 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Why should Ishilove story come up in the night while others own get to FP in the morning.
Re: Old Things by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ishilove, I wan ask, you get yansh?

3 Likes

Re: Old Things by shumuel(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
angry When would you be writing ''New Things'' ? grin
Re: Old Things by walearoy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ishilove:
(c) 2016. All rights reserved

He knew he wanted her, even before he knew her name. And so when he approached her that Sunday after church service, he wasn’t playing around. He wanted to marry her, and he said so. She’d recoiled, her frown doing nothing to age her child-like face, and for five seconds – he’d counted – she looked at him like he was the strangest thing she’d seen all year. Then she laughed and said, don’t you even want to know me first, mister man.

When he asked, she gave him her number, typing the digits into his phone with fingertips that had swollen around her nails from relentless gnawing.

#

He liked her short, well-chewed nails, liked that her face – with lips the colour of an overripe udara – was always without makeup, liked that the yellow skin of her legs was always covered in pants or long skirts. He liked that she never wore weaves or braids in scandalous colours, and never past her shoulders. He liked that she didn’t have her own car, and that she let him drive her around Owerri on weekends. It made him feel good that she’d attended a polytechnic and not a university like him, and that she’d been unable to find work since she finished school three years ago. And even though he worried about being able to provide for a family on his own with his modest income, he knew it would take something from him when she began to work. If she began to work.

She was a virgin. He was sure of this until he asked. She’d looked away and right then he had his answer. When he asked how many men she had slept with, it was hard to keep the judgement from his tone, to keep his throat from tightening with resentment. One. Just one, she’d said, looking at the hands clasped on her thighs. He spelled it out in his head: O-N-E. His hands clenched into fists, but they slowly loosened as he watched her. He was taken by the way she wouldn’t, couldn’t, meet his eyes, like a child caught with her fingers in her mother’s pot. This let him know that she knew she was not worthy of him; he who had kept himself pure all thirty-five years of his life. Aside from those times when the devil sneaked up on him at night and pulled the semen from him while he slept, he had never poured his seed. Well, except for those three other times in the shower. Or was it five? But even those times, he’d only been trying for a vigorous wash and had ended up pleasuring himself by accident. God knew.

He would forgive her, because even though he was good, he was not perfect. O-N-E was forgivable. O-N-E was manageable. Besides, she was a new creation and all her old things had passed away.

Please don't abandon this one like you did for iyawo nylon bag

1 Like

Re: Old Things by Nickymezor(f): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kool story -line.
Re: Old Things by DanseMacabre(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ishilove, before I comment, is Uche Okonkwo your nom de plume?

1 Like

Re: Old Things by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 09, 2017
Ishilove:
It should serve as a lesson to those who allow youthful exuberance push them to do and undo. cheesy

madam wat of FLOW1739 grin
Re: Old Things by yousooph(m): 5:00am On Jun 09, 2017
Following like new wedded wife.
keep it up
Re: Old Things by frank317: 5:33am On Jun 09, 2017
Frank3.16 was here

Lol Adamu na badt guy
Re: Old Things by Garrirevenge(f): 6:17am On Jun 09, 2017
ok. I am here.
Re: Old Things by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2017
This is high quality...............awesome story, awesome writing.

1 Like

Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2017
Mylestone:

madam wat of FLOW1739 grin
Oga I'm sure he should be fine wherever he is smiley
Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 7:34am On Jun 09, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Ishilove, I wan ask, you get yansh?
Yes. The nyash be like big cooler

1 Like

Re: Old Things by nkemdave(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2017
Walks silently into the thread.

Hello everyone.

Sits in the middle row.

Anticipating to enjoy this story.

Anyways, Ride on #Ishilove
Re: Old Things by jayriginal: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2017
Interesting story Ishilove

1 Like

Re: Old Things by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2017
Ishilove:
Oga I'm sure he should be fine wherever he is smiley

tot u guys were an ITEM grin
Re: Old Things by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2017
Tattoo: Permanent proof of temporary insanity.

The real laugh will be in the delivery room

1 Like

Re: Old Things by johncreek: 10:58am On Jun 09, 2017
But dear, The "Iyawo Nylon Bag" story wey u never finish nko?
Always amazing story but finish am Na.. haba
Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mylestone:

tot u guys were an ITEM grin
Why would you think that? smiley
Re: Old Things by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ishilove:

Why would you think that? smiley

these chicks aint loyal angry sad grin
Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
oyb:

these chicks aint loyal angry sad grin
We are, trust me grin
Re: Old Things by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes. The nyash be like big cooler

Kindly tender proof for assessment.
Re: Old Things by Zeinymira(f): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
Demmy66
Heemah
grin grin
Re: Old Things by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
The moment I read.. "Adamu was here" my laugh was on level 4, but when I read "Adamu was where?" Na 10/10 straight! I can't stop laughing.
Every creative and educating, big humour to! This story has it all...

Cc princetom1

1 Like

Re: Old Things by 1miccza: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:
(c) 2016. All rights reserved

He knew he wanted her, even before he knew her name. And so when he approached her that Sunday after church service, he wasn’t playing around. He wanted to marry her, and he said so. She’d recoiled, her frown doing nothing to age her child-like face, and for five seconds – he’d counted – she looked at him like he was the strangest thing she’d seen all year. Then she laughed and said, don’t you even want to know me first, mister man.

When he asked, she gave him her number, typing the digits into his phone with fingertips that had swollen around her nails from relentless gnawing.

#

He liked her short, well-chewed nails, liked that her face – with lips the colour of an overripe udara – was always without makeup, liked that the yellow skin of her legs was always covered in pants or long skirts. He liked that she never wore weaves or braids in scandalous colours, and never past her shoulders. He liked that she didn’t have her own car, and that she let him drive her around Owerri on weekends. It made him feel good that she’d attended a polytechnic and not a university like him, and that she’d been unable to find work since she finished school three years ago. And even though he worried about being able to provide for a family on his own with his modest income, he knew it would take something from him when she began to work. If she began to work.

She was a virgin. He was sure of this until he asked. She’d looked away and right then he had his answer. When he asked how many men she had slept with, it was hard to keep the judgement from his tone, to keep his throat from tightening with resentment. One. Just one, she’d said, looking at the hands clasped on her thighs. He spelled it out in his head: O-N-E. His hands clenched into fists, but they slowly loosened as he watched her. He was taken by the way she wouldn’t, couldn’t, meet his eyes, like a child caught with her fingers in her mother’s pot. This let him know that she knew she was not worthy of him; he who had kept himself pure all thirty-five years of his life. Aside from those times when the devil sneaked up on him at night and pulled the semen from him while he slept, he had never poured his seed. Well, except for those three other times in the shower. Or was it five? But even those times, he’d only been trying for a vigorous wash and had ended up pleasuring himself by accident. God knew.

He would forgive her, because even though he was good, he was not perfect. O-N-E was forgivable. O-N-E was manageable. Besides, she was a new creation and all her old things had passed away.

Ishi baby aw far la
Re: Old Things by uboma(m): 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
Uboma will alwyz b ere

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Things by uboma(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
But seriously, those who wait till after the wedding, may be in for a big surprise.....
Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
uboma:
But seriously, those who wait till after the wedding, may be in for a big surprise.....
It's worth it as long as there are no damaging secrets smiley
Re: Old Things by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
1miccza:

Ishi baby aw far la
Mikey darling, I'm fine o cheesy
Re: Old Things by uboma(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:
It's worth it as long as there are no damaging secrets smiley

As long as they are compatible, there can be no damaging secrets.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Last Duty By Isidore Okpewho / Google: Short Stories Google Told As They Celebrate Women Today. / The Rise And Rise Of Award Winning Writer, Esther Itohan Obasuyi (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.