Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Rechecking This Nairaland Tribalism - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rechecking This Nairaland Tribalism (421 Views)

Nigeria And Tribalism / Tribalism Is The Main Problem With Nigeria / When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rechecking This Nairaland Tribalism by LargeBrown(m): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
I am a guy from south Eastern part of Nigeria, Enugu state precisely. before my Nysc at Akwa Ibom state we the Average Enugu youths had a prior stereotype mind set we formed about yoruba as snitch..not To be trusted kinda people,Muslims as dare devils. But this whole stereotype changed when I met two wonderful yoruba guys at Akwa ibom state..one is muslim and the other a christian,from my dealings with them I got 2 understand that these guys are far much better than some of my fellow ibo boys...these guys are sincere,they are caring and they saw me and still see me as their blood brother.. Now the friendship didn't die with Nysc as we are done with the scheme..what i am venturing into as a business my yoruba muslim friend and His mum thought me free of charge including accommodating me in their family house for months, fed me and took good care of me while I learned this life changing entrepreneurial skill they didn't allow religious discrepancies come into play...my question now is why do we keep digging and polishing this unnecessary hatred across tribes on nairaland?. We should watch this as am sure it will keep depriving many their life changing connections..my yoruba friendship is paying me.... don't know about other ibo boys. And this should be checked by all nairalanders as its a concern 2us all, you don't who God has ordained 2 use as your helper or as a ladder to ur success..Am equally ready to assist any Nigerian irrespective of tribe and ethnic inclinations!!the earlier we work on this constant production of hatred and enmity between us!!!! the better for all of us.God help us
Re: Rechecking This Nairaland Tribalism by ajokebelle(f): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Most people that always shout NCAN have never left their ethnic region to see how other places are, they think the world revolves around only them , but that's not an excuse to always shout bad of other peoples culture.

I met a guy in 2011 on 2go, he was so surprised I had access to the internet, and was current in a lot of aspect, just because I live in the northern part of the country.
Imagine someone like that with is crude and unsaturated perception of the North, thinking everyone is an almajiri,
begger, the early marraige of the females excluding the rich,with little or no economic activity or social life ,what do you think he will say when he sees a bad news that happened in the North? with such false understanding.

The worst are those that have gone out of their geographical zone, but still find it difficult to see something good in other peoples culture, they are worse than those that have never been out of their geographical zone.

Though some do it just to have fun online, and that's not really who they are.
Re: Rechecking This Nairaland Tribalism by Greatzeus(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
But some one is making money from the traffic tribalism creates here,so I don't see it stopping soon.
Someone can steal because he is hungry or fornicate because of spiritual weakness,while these are wrong TRIBALISM is one of the worst thing a soul can practice, the bible says " hate is like death" if you are a tribalist,its simply means you are killing other people in your heart,you are a murderer.
If you like go to church 7 days a week,go to Mecca every year,you are deceiving yourself, God cannot be mocked.Unless you repent you will perish,just like the ritualist,murderers,rapists etc cos you are even worst.
He that loveth not his brother dwell in darkness and no light is in him.
God is love,he that loveth not,is not of God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The World's Most Accessible And Practised / Arranging Games In A Regular / Federation Association, Recognises Five Non-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.