Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old (57926 Views)

The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / What Are The Top 5 Books One Must Read In Their Lifetime And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2016
Hello nairalanders have you read this book
Mr lie the great lier - john paden
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
movmentish:
you said you've not seen one person who read those booksk achieve anything tangible... Which by the way, i think is false. For every book you read, you've achieved the most important of achievement. Its called knowledge
..and to you those books are the only knowledge you need in this life
There are over a gazillion books written and more will be written picking these 5 alone is foolish in my opinion. and yes Im yet to see anyone who has read these books and achieved anything meaningful maybe there is someone out there, Im yet to meet that person I wont lie and say I have met someone to make you happy
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by movmentish(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

..and to you those books are the only knowledge you need in this life
There are over a gazillion books written and more will be written picking these 5 alone is foolish in my opinion. and yes Im yet to see anyone who has read these books and achieved anything meaningful maybe there is someone out there, Im yet to meet that person I wont lie and say I have met someone to make you happy
I've not been quoting you allday coz of only 5 books. That would have made me extremely foolish.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by koolJ1(f): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
Ogbonnaya1:
the art of seduction- Robert greene

Great stuff
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Maureenlucy(f): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
slurryeye:
Why before turning 25?

Does it mean if you read any of the book after turning 25, you'll run mad?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
movmentish:

I've not been quoting you allday coz of only 5 books. That would have made me extremely foolish.
Hahahaha yeah but I get your point. Just had to clarify a few misconceptions.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by iamphill: 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
Bryan12:
mi tell you brother.have you read any of robert greene's work
. I have read some of his books
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by BIDOO(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
slurryeye:

It takes a sharp mind to understand what I said. Sorry your intelligence quotient didn't meet up
I always be happy when i see a grown up guy eating his own word when caught by the testicles grin.
Sorry dude when next you signal to the thinking faculty before making comment in a open forum like this.
Intelligence my foot.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by slurryeye: 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
BIDOO:

I always be happy when i see a grown up guy eating his own word when caught by the testicles grin.
Sorry dude when next you signal to the thinking faculty before making comment in a open forum like this.
Intelligence my foot.

It should be an open bro undecided. Still on subject matter of acuity
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by BIDOO(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
slurryeye:

It should be an open bro undecided. Still on subject matter of acuity
A foolish man will stop at nothing to justify his follygrin.
Does that really count? As much as synthesis is in order i see no reason to bird view my write up since am not writing for Official speechgrin.
Mr acuity all i want is for you to concede that your point is baseless.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by jp130(m): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
Plz hu has an audio copy of a book by Larry king titled "how to talk to anyone, anything, anywhere" or pdf
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by slurryeye: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2016
BIDOO:

A foolish man will stop at nothing to justify his follygrin.
Does that really count? As much as synthesis is in order i see no reason to bird view my write up since am not writing for Official speechgrin.
Mr acuity all i want is for you to concede that your point is baseless.

Dude I started by sarcastically saying that it takes some IQ to comprehend what I wrote. Funny enough, your replies thus far proof that I may not be far from the truth
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
moscobabs:
I have read 1,4 and 5 but where is '48 Laws of Power?

Ogboju ode ninu Igbo irunmole?

Igbo Elegbede ?

where can I get ogboju ode Sir
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by moscobabs(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
u can get it from bookshops in southwest or in UI, OAU or Ibadan poly
ennyhola:
where can I get ogboju ode Sir
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
moscobabs:
u can get it from bookshops in southwest or in UI, OAU or Ibadan poly
I have searched all book stores in Abk,but I am yet to come across it
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by moscobabs(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
ennyhola:
I have searched all book stores in Abk,but I am yet to come across it
try those stores in other states
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by jaystix(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
A good one
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by ebenreloaded: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
6-Chike and the river 7-Animal farm 8-Ralia: Sugar girl 9-Ali and Simbi 10-Agbo lives in calabar
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by slurryeye: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
Maureenlucy:
Here we go again

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by danfidel01(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
All these books are connected and they serve one purpose; New age. I would rather read my bible and get closer to God. The bible through the inspiration of the holy spirit, provides a lot more dan those books would.

BROS u are correct. But this does not mean that the other books are not important. Even Pastors read other books, and they advice church members to read books.
The Bible is the ultimate book. It summarizes everything;
But don't relegate reading other good books to the background as if it is nt impactful(don't mind my English). Even the bible supports reading. (2Timothy 2 vs 15)
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by yinkeys(m): 1:02am On Oct 23, 2016
charix:
To me reading books is overrated. I have a list of forums I visit regularly to read summarized versions of these books and still come off with the knowledge. The only thing I learn from books is a wider range of vocabulary I, like most book readers, use to show off.
What's the name of the forum? I'd like to be on it
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 23, 2016
yinkeys:

What's the name of the forum? I'd like to be on it
Honestly I haven't conciously searched, just stumbled upon some book summaries on another forum I frequent. Would post you links to some book summaries. Haven't come across any recent books or summary themed forums in years. Itching to see which new titles they've posted in recent times.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by yinkeys(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2016
charix:

Honestly I haven't conciously searched, just stumbled upon some book summaries on another forum I frequent. Would post you links to some book summaries. Haven't come across any recent books or summary themed forums in years. Itching to see which new titles they've posted in recent times.
I read up the whole thread, so I kinda need all these books

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2016
danfidel01:

BROS u are correct. But this does not mean that the other books are not important. Even Pastors read other books, and they advice church members to read books.
The Bible is the ultimate book. It summarizes everything;
But don't relegate reading other good books to the background as if it is nt impactful(don't mind my English). Even the bible supports reading. (2Timothy 2 vs 15)
lol i understand exactly. Your point is valid.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
yinkeys:

I read up the whole thread, so I kinda need all these books
Most books are easy to find in pdf format using google.
For the rarer finds use the power of crowdsharing by asking around on the literature section. People are always willing to share.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by yinkeys(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
charix:

Most books are easy to find in pdf format using google.
For the rarer finds use the power of crowdsharing by asking around on the literature section. People are always willing to share.
Where do you get your summaries or reviews?
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
yinkeys:

Where do you get your summaries or reviews?
Would show you once I remember. It's been long ago. Might take a while before I post it but I surely would.
Try goodreads(dot)com for the meantime.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by telad(m): 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
koolJ1:

Read them all except Secret mind of Power.

Thanks

Lolsss, hope u r not a guy hiding behind that moniker. You really tried cod those books are not the usual ladies romantic novel delight.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by telad(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
iaminspired:

Na book u read.
Things I wished I knew before marriage by gary Chapman
hmm I will try and get that one too.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Ascents11(m): 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Please help me these five

anipsalm11@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 20 Target (+18) / Throwback: Nigerian Literature Books We Used In Secondary School!!! / Marital Vice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.